Fordmods Logo

This is my mint ED XR6 and can i get more power n/a? 

Page 2 of 3 [ 41 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Re: This is my mint ED XR6 and can i get more power n/a?
Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:56 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: ED XR6

VIC, Australia

ok so i will get the au injectors fuel rail and regulator, and ill get an el bbm intake aswell, then retune :) is it a pretty straight forward job changing to the bbm?

Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:46 pm 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

Yeah its not too bad to convert over.. there is alot of good write up and technical docs about it on here.. Just use the search function. I followed the instructions on here and it went pretty smoothly as I did it on an XG ute the only problem i had where the braces (as there is no mounting holes for them) and there is no hole in the block for the knock sensor. Everything else went pretty well. Also
I am still in the process of making a custom intake. Because your doing in an Eb-Ed though you should have no problems and it will all go to plan for you and will give you alot more down low grunt!!!

I noticed quite a significant increase in power and throttle response so definitely worth doing!

XG Ute. BBM conversion, EL ECU + J3 Chip, 3" Stainless Steel Intake Pipe, K&N Pod Filter, Wade 1673 Camshaft, Pacemaker extractors, 2.5 Inch Hi-Flow Cat, 2.5 Inch exhaust, Cab Extension, 18" FG GT Rims, resprayed in blueprint.

Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:32 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

yeh thanks mate i will look into giving it a go, i just worry cos its making good power atm i would hate the power to decrease if i change things.. or you fellas rekon if i do the injectors and BBM and retune, i will defs see more? and another question is an EL XR6 BBM different to a normal EL one or are they all the same? and heres some more pics with engine bay picks.. f**k i love e-series :)

Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: ef falcon, el fairmont ghia

New Zealand

no they are the same. it won't give you much more max power if any, just maybe more down low. that just the bbm. a tune should show more

Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:47 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

yeh im leanin towards just getting au vct injectors fuel rail and reg and getting it retuned.. and i need a new lsd! if anyones got a good one

Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:31 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

au vct injectors are the same as std au, its just the au vct has a higher fuel pressure reg..

just incase you dont go bbm, the au vct fuel rail wont bolt onto the bbm manifold without modifications...

Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon EF GLi

WA, Australia

^^^ er... you mean it won't fit on the LOG without mods, right?

EF2 Fairmont Ghia. AU2 engine running EF gear. Intake, exhaust, injection etc; 8" rear stockies with 265/50R15 rubber. Shiftkitted auto, J3, custom grille and dash cluster and lots of other useless crap...

Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:19 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

metasaiah wrote:
^^^ er... you mean it won't fit on the LOG without mods, right?

ummm yea,,sorry, i ment wont fit the log... :oops:

Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:10 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

thanks for that mate i didnt no that.. so the au fuel rail wont bolt up to my ed log manifold? and ive been leaning towards savin my pennies to spend on my diff my lsd is extremely flogged and herd that they flog out pretty quik even after a reco, and most diff joints dont recomend the lokka they recomend the true track but theyre 1600 bucks! what is everyones opinions on these three options, i can get my lsd recoed for 550, a 4wd systems lokka for 500 pluss fitting??, or a true track drive in drive out for 1600?

Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:40 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: 93 ed fairmont ghia

NSW, Australia

yeah i have an ed xr6 lsd diff in my ed fairmont. its totaly flogged, ive herd there a s**t lsd too, im currently doin my head gasket/ port work in my head. been meaning to do my diff for months but havnt got the cash after all these other things keep coming up.. one question, what the hell is a true track??? and with your lsd. does it has heaps of movement? like jerky to drive?

ED Fairmont Ghia. t5 conversion w h/d exedy, 3:45:1 lsd, pacemaker extractors, 2.5" custom exhaust, waggott cam,K&N high flow panel filter, TI performance chip w/ 4 tune switch(2 ED, 2 EL tunes) king 18's, el thermo fan w/ Davis Craig switch. 5000K hids,led lighting, doof box in boot.

Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:24 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

Few things,

1) Fitting a BBM will improve low end torque, not increase HP. EF/EL BBM are the same except as Troyman said for the mount on the Upper Manifold for the Air Pipe. AU upper manifold is different to the EF/EL and also uses a different Throttle body. If fitting the BBM to the ED you will need an EL ECU to control the BBM switch over.

2) Fitting AU injectors will give you an improved spray pattern, Slight improvment in throttle response and possibly a small inprovement in Fuel Economy, nothing more, no increase in HP.

3) As for fitting an AU VCT Fuel Rail/Reg , don't waste your cash. Current rail/Reg and pump will handle anything you have that is streetable and N/A. Your J3 chip can be tuned to suit your injector need while N/A If you are going Turbo later, then save you cash as you will need even bigger injectors as well as fuel pump

4) Changing the Throttle body to anything bigger will not help, only improves at very high RPM, good if you want Dyno numbers, waste of money for the street. Current 65mm throttle body will handle big numbers, ask Troyman, I believe he is still running a 65mm Body and he has 270RwKw.

5) Upgrade your intake if and when you do the BBM. If keeping the log, thats good as there is no need to upgrade that if going Turbo, Log is actually better than the BBM for Forced induction. B Series and F series Turbos use BBM's but with the butterflys removed. One good improvement for the Log is to use the EA elbow on the throttle body, much larger than the later models. Better the moter breaths, better power increase across the rev range.

6) Head work ie Port and polish will help Increase your HP but will put a greater load on your diff, if its dodgy now it won't get any better with more RwKw. Do your Diff First.

Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:32 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

Also enclose your pod as you are sucking hot air into the engine. Also Mr Plod will do you a canary if he sees it.

Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL xr6

VIC, Australia

nice car mate.how did you go with the au injectors and the lsd?

EL xr6,standard a** au motor,hi-tech headers, 2 1/2inch red back,,Tikky kitted and wingless,Black GT-P's,on ultra lows and still too high

My Build: the-garage-f53/daniels-el-xr6-build-t100586.html

Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

last i herd he crashed it?

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL xr6

VIC, Australia

o shatterd guess it was enough power after all.

EL xr6,standard a** au motor,hi-tech headers, 2 1/2inch red back,,Tikky kitted and wingless,Black GT-P's,on ultra lows and still too high

My Build: the-garage-f53/daniels-el-xr6-build-t100586.html

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next