Fordmods Logo

This is my mint ED XR6 and can i get more power n/a? 

Page 1 of 3 [ 41 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: This is my mint ED XR6 and can i get more power n/a?
Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:40 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: ED XR6

VIC, Australia

hey im new to the forum so i thought id show my ride off, and what i want to no off you n/a gurus out there what else i can do to get more out of my i6 keeping in mind its my daily,
Ok its a 94 ED XR6 tickford with a wade 1521a cam, extractors highflowcat, 2.5 inch redback exhaust, custom pod setup, j3 chip, 5spd manual, el thermos and serpintine belt setup, tuned by EFI dynamics to premium unleaded, made 161.3rwkw, 400nm torque. ive been told maybe au injectors and external fuel pump? any other suggestions appreciated.

Post subject: Re: This is my mint ED XR6 and can i get more power n/a?
Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU falcon

VIC, Australia

maybe a port and polish? and a little bump up in compression

Au factory 5sp, rolling on 20'z, full custom extractors, redback cat and back. has a new motors, only 27,000ks

Welcome to Toongabbie motorsports :P

Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:53 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: EL XR6

VIC, Australia

Welcome to FordMods,
I think that will not be disappointed with the support here, there are some great people and equally great knowledge.

But may I be the first to say what everyone is thinking!?
More pics please :D

Le Mans Red EL XR6 - 152rwkw

Racing Clutch, 977b Cam, 4480 Pacemakers, Hi-Flow Cat, 2.25 Exhaust, Double Valve Springs, 70mm Throttlebody, J3, Tightened LSD

Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:20 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

turbocharge it.. :D :) :wink:

Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:34 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

thanks fellas there will be more pics to come and hopefully more power, and a turbo will come in due time but for now i want to be quick legally lol (frigin p plates).. so a port and polish and up comps? how do u up comps? i no to lower them you use a comp plate is it the same? how much will a port and polish set me back? would it be worth getting au injectors and external fuel pump?

Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:50 pm 

NSW, Australia

if its currently got 161rwkw? it wouldnt be slow as it is.. 161rwkw a pretty good result from a n/a 40l...

Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 92 EB s

NSW, Australia

Nice ride.
Engine bay pics?
What diff are you running?

Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF F6 Tornado - #0077

VIC, Australia

convert the manifold to a EF/L BBM & the ecu to suit if you havent already

** For Sale ** http://www.fordmods.com/ford-parts-for-sale-f17/assorted-e-series-parts-t124697.html

F6 Tornado 2006 Build

Is it about sex? The engine in my car? Or a cure for cancer?
No?

Then f**k off

Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon EF GLi

WA, Australia

Hi mate; welcome and nice ride! You're right about the AU injection - do that and forget the fuel pump idea - not necessary unless you go boosted really. If you can, get an AU fuel rail with 350kPa regulator. They come from the AU XR6 VCT and some XR6 HP cars got them too. The reg combined with AU injectors will give you 24lb fuel pressure which is a good thing to have with the mods you are already running. You should see more torque and possibly more power; you will need a retune which will make all the difference. Shop around; I got my injection complete with reg, rail and injectors for only $30 second-hand. Buying aftermarket gear new could cost over $400 for the same result...

Also to improve compression you need to remove the head and have it skimmed. While it's off you might as well spend more and have it ported. Then retune.

You might see an improvement in getting an oversized throttle body - after all, no matter how great your intake setup is, it's still sucking through a little 63mm hole at the throttle body gasket... this too will require a retune.

EF2 Fairmont Ghia. AU2 engine running EF gear. Intake, exhaust, injection etc; 8" rear stockies with 265/50R15 rubber. Shiftkitted auto, J3, custom grille and dash cluster and lots of other useless crap...

Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: Envi EF

NSW, Australia

161rwkws a very nice result.
You could opt for a larger cam and a port and polish however if you plan to turbo this same motor I wouldnt shave it to bump up compression. When the head gets put back on use a single AU MLS headgasket. This will slightly bump up the compression, but not enough to really worry about, as you'll need it if you do turbo it... the stock s**t E series gaskets hate life enough as it is without boost.
AU injectors and a larger t/b wont require a retune, though they would be a worthwhile addition for sure.
As mentioned fuel pumps a bit of a wank at this stage too.

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:54 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 1995 EF Falcon

SA, Australia

fiftyone wrote:

imo this your best bet but make sure its the EL one specifically as its the only dual stage manifold thats designed with distributor ignition.. Use a 3 inch mandrel bent pipe from the box to the throttle body.
You know the standard throttle body is good for 300 horses, personally i dont think you need to change it untill you exceed those parameters.. blown etc.

South Australia.. Heaps good.

Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:19 pm 

NSW, Australia

chris sieclay wrote:
fiftyone wrote:

imo this your best bet but make sure its the EL one specifically as its the only dual stage manifold thats designed with distributor ignition.. Use a 3 inch mandrel bent pipe from the box to the throttle body.
You know the standard throttle body is good for 300 horses, personally i dont think you need to change it untill you exceed those parameters.. blown etc.

the manifolds from ef to el are the same... the only physicall difference is the el has 2 threaded tabs for the el intake pipe to mount, thats all, the lower half with bbm diaphragm and butterflies have the same 94da part number from ef to au.. :wink:

Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:29 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 1995 EF Falcon

SA, Australia

TROYMAN wrote:
chris sieclay wrote:
fiftyone wrote:

the manifolds from ef to el are the same... the only physicall difference is the el has 2 threaded tabs for the el intake pipe to mount, thats all, the lower half with bbm diaphragm and butterflies have the same 94da part number from ef to au.. :wink:

yeah thats right, sorry i worded it wrong i was meaning get it from an EL cause the computer is designed to use a distributor rather than the EF that ran coil packs. cause of course he's going to need the EL computer as well. thats a bit more correct aye :)

South Australia.. Heaps good.

Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:42 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

thanks fellas some realy good info on here, plan is to get au injectors, rail and reg and get it retuned.. not sure if ill go into headwork yet as it will get pretty pricey but i will look into it.. do you guys really think the el intake is a good improvement alot of ppl i talk to say it wouldnt be worth the hassle... or would it? do you get the butterflies digrinded out? can i do it myself? and is it hard to change? and i am running an el ECU

Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon EF GLi

WA, Australia

It's worth getting the BBM but you shouldn't need to modify it. Having said that, I have just ported one (retaining the butterflies) and will be fitting it tomorrow to see if it makes a difference. And if you go from stock 19lb injection to the full AU VCT setup as I'm running, you should get a retune. You will save a lot of fuel by getting a proper tune that suits the 24lb/hr flow - and see more power and torque.

EF2 Fairmont Ghia. AU2 engine running EF gear. Intake, exhaust, injection etc; 8" rear stockies with 265/50R15 rubber. Shiftkitted auto, J3, custom grille and dash cluster and lots of other useless crap...

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 3  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next