Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Throttle Body Interchangabilty *edited
Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: SF5 Forester

NSW, Australia

Froudey wrote:
I Folks I just converted my car to manual and the accelerator cable seems heavy... but first...

I brought the falcon over 12monhts ago and i replaced the accelerator cable cause it was broke (well the plastic surround) it was heavy then but i assume because the auto was retarded (no fourth) but since that has been rectified by the conversion i don't know..... maybe the spring is to springy ???? lol

Like my mums car it is nice and soft real responsive and dads is the same.... any ideas did i buy the wrong cable months back???

Hi People as you can see i had dramas i have now found out that the butterfly or something is worn thus making it heavy Um Yeah

Are the EBII/ED/EF/EL/AU Throttle Bodies the same???? i looked at an EBII TB and it looks different slighty from the EA/EBI i own a EBI with the 3.9L and i asking will any of the EBII/ED/EF/EL/AU fit straight onto my manifold i know i will have to change the TPS on the side as they plug / connect different...........

What would be the better TB to go i got a EBII on lined up for me at work but they do also have EL ones so hmmmmmmmm???

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Last edited by Froudey on Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Hi Guys.................. I think my Accelarator Cable is heavy because it has something to do with my cruise control cable......

Any rough ideas or guesses folks

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

QLD, Australia

Have you got it mounted to the correct place on the accel. bracket/lever???

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

i assume so

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Hi Folks I removed my cruise control cable from the car and the acelerator cable is still heavy is there different springs or colour of springs...... i replaced one in the old EA CFI and the spring was yellow the one in the mpfi EB is silver.....

my mums EA is so soft and like for example in mums car i put it to the floor it spins or gets of the line like nothing else.......

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: XR6

NSW, Australia

grease up the butterfly on the TB and work it in a bit by hand i doubt the spring would cause it to be that tight.also check nothing is catching on or jamming the pedal.

Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:55 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

XR6 EF wrote:
grease up the butterfly on the TB and work it in a bit by hand i doubt the spring would cause it to be that tight.also check nothing is catching on or jamming the pedal.

gease what use normal gear grease or just house hold stuff like Vaso.... thanks mate..........

the way the acelrator pedal sits if it was bent this wouldn't make it hard would it

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:05 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: XR6

NSW, Australia

just some bearing grease or even wd40 will loosen it up,if you feel its the pedal disconnect cable and try pedal and se if its free.

Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

XR6 EF wrote:
just some bearing grease or even wd40 will loosen it up,if you feel its the pedal disconnect cable and try pedal and se if its free.

Ok I got some wd40 and sprayed the spring on the butterfly ... nothing interesting..... :roll:

I think that the spring is way too big cause when the pedal is pressed it makes a tight U i think that it is too long and maybe to tensioned i will have a read in the greg manual and if not i will see if i can just buy the spring or snaffu one from work...

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Froudey wrote:
XR6 EF wrote:

Ok I got some wd40 and sprayed the spring on the butterfly ... nothing interesting..... :roll:

I think that the spring is way too big cause when the pedal is pressed it makes a tight U i think that it is too long and maybe to tensioned i will have a read in the greg manual and if not i will see if i can just buy the spring or snaffu one from work...

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:24 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Any More Idea's People

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:09 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: 1989 300ZX Twin turbo Z32

QLD, Australia

take the throttle body of ur mums ea and put it in your car. if its better than just go to the wrecker and buy an ea throttle body (would be cheap as). easy fix.

if its still hard then its either your pedal or the cable is binding somewhere

Sold my EB :(
Now got my 300zx :)

Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:32 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: 05 BA MKII XR8, 95 EF gli Wagon

NSW, Australia

its the spring on the cable. i had to buy a new cable for my ed. when i put it on the throttle was hard as. after i tried spraying everything that moves with wd40 to try and free it up, i put the old spring on and the peddle was fine after.

bucko

Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

BUCKO wrote:
its the spring on the cable. i had to buy a new cable for my ed. when i put it on the throttle was hard as. after i tried spraying everything that moves with wd40 to try and free it up, i put the old spring on and the peddle was fine after.

bucko

yeah i just did that minutes ago..... i will take it for a lap around the block tomorow (car is unregoed at the moment forgot to save dollars :oops: )

Quote:
take the throttle body of ur mums ea and put it in your car. if its better than just go to the wrecker and buy an ea throttle body (would be cheap as). easy fix.

yeah mums is a CFI but i do have a throttle body in the shed of an EA if the drive shows it is still some what heavy i will bend the acell pedal a tad if that fails i will remove the cable and reinstall it who know 12 months ago it could of caught on something went i installed it.

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Froudey wrote:
BUCKO wrote:

bucko

yeah i just did that minutes ago..... i will take it for a lap around the block tomorow (car is unregoed at the moment forgot to save dollars :oops: )

Quote:

yeah mums is a CFI but i do have a throttle body in the shed of an EA if the drive shows it is still some what heavy i will bend the acell pedal a tad if that fails i will remove the cable and reinstall it who know 12 months ago it could of caught on something went i installed it.

Hi People as you can see i had dramas i have now found out that the butterfly or something is worn thus making it heavy Um Yeah

Are the EBII/ED/EF/EL/AU Throttle Bodies the same???? i looked at an EBII TB and it looks different slighty from the EA/EBI i own a EBI with the 3.9L and i asking will any of the EBII/ED/EF/EL/AU fit straight onto my manifold i know i will have to change the TPS on the side as they plug / connect different...........

What would be the better TB to go i got a EBII on lined up for me at work but they do also have EL ones so hmmmmmmmm???

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next