Fordmods Logo

throttle body porting 

Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: throttle body porting
Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

are there gains to be had? how much bigger is it safe to go? what do you do with the butterfly mod or make a new one?
cheers chris

97 el xr6,5 speed short shifter,sequential scoop,no arial,freshly resprayed,low on 17's,3 inch zorst,stainless hi flo cat,snort stage 3 stainless manifold,garrett t04e,front mount cooler,wolf 3d ecu,seimens 760cc injectors,walbro fuel pump

Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

ACT, Australia

well there wouldn't be much u could make it bigger so power gains would be very minimal, better off just going bigger throttle body or twin throttle.

Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

where can you get bigger or twin setups and how do twin setups work??can you twin with standard throttle bodies and get gains?

97 el xr6,5 speed short shifter,sequential scoop,no arial,freshly resprayed,low on 17's,3 inch zorst,stainless hi flo cat,snort stage 3 stainless manifold,garrett t04e,front mount cooler,wolf 3d ecu,seimens 760cc injectors,walbro fuel pump

Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:54 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 29 images

Ride: VU SS

NSW, Australia

I wouldnt bother. Look for a bigger cam or some head work if you want a bit more go.

EF Fairmont now Sold!
Guides: Polishing|Modifications |Manual Conversion

Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

got a stge 3 cam kit for it and im going to clean the head up myself,would it be beneficial for me to get some shaved off aswell?

Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA Falcon EGas

WA, Australia

EL SVO is running twin standard throttle bodies and they're awesome. Don't expect to get it done cheaply.

BA Falcon Futura on EGas. Stock as...

EF 5 speed manual; PH 4480 Pacemaker Headers; 2 1/2" Lukey Mandrel Bent System; Hi Flow Walker Cat; Stage 3 Crow Cam; ChipTorque Chip; 3" Mandrel Bent Intake; K&N Pod Filter; Low Pedders Suspension; 17" EL GT Champagne Rims; RPM Series Clutch

Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:23 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: '95 EF's

WA, Australia

Smackdown wrote:
EL SVO is running twin standard throttle bodies and they're awesome. Don't expect to get it done cheaply.

SVO XR6 i think his name is remi! :P

i've got a ported & polished TB - i reckon its good - much better response! waiting to see if (any) difference on the dyno :wink:

R.I.P. Scotty

Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

how much $$ was the porting and polishing?

Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

madeaspack wrote:
how much $$ was the porting and polishing?

Its SVO XR6's old one. But fraser might know

EF 5 speed manual; PH 4480 Pacemaker Headers; 2 1/2" Lukey Mandrel Bent System; Hi Flow Walker Cat; Stage 3 Crow Cam; ChipTorque Chip; 3" Mandrel Bent Intake; K&N Pod Filter; Low Pedders Suspension; 17" EL GT Champagne Rims; RPM Series Clutch

Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:45 am 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

There is no benefit unless your engine is so powerful that the throttle body is actually causing a restriction.....and i highly doubt this as heaps of high HP turbo (VL's, Skylines etc) cars run XF throttle body's which flow the same but have a round inlet instead of an oval one which is why they pick them.

Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

not even for a few stray kw's and better throttle response?..and the cool noise

Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TurboDoug wrote:
There is no benefit unless your engine is so powerful that the throttle body is actually causing a restriction.....and i highly doubt this as heaps of high HP turbo (VL's, Skylines etc) cars run XF throttle body's which flow the same but have a round inlet instead of an oval one which is why they pick them.

XF ones are 75mm the 'e' ones are 65mm.

Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 12:27 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA ute, FG XR6T

NSW, Australia

madeaspack wrote:
where can you get bigger or twin setups and how do twin setups work??can you twin with standard throttle bodies and get gains?

Mark from ITS Performance is offering twin and 6-pack throttle body setups for the I6. The 6-pak setup certainly worked a treat on the M3's and the hemi 6's.

Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:55 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

mspw wrote:
madeaspack wrote:

Mark from ITS Performance is offering twin and 6-pack throttle body setups for the I6. The 6-pak setup certainly worked a treat on the M3's and the hemi 6's.

and how much would either of these setups cost for parts. I wouldn't mind fitting it myself.

Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:50 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Lancer Coupe

VIC, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
TurboDoug wrote:

XF ones are 75mm the 'e' ones are 65mm.

So could you wack an XF one on an EA and get more power.

Cheers

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next