Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Throttle cable issues
Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:40 am 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: XH Ute / ED falon

QLD, Australia

Hi everyone,

I am in the process of putting a new throttle cable in my xh ute, now everything has gone smoothly except for the last part. When ever I put it on the as my gregorys says the "Throttle level ball socket" it just seems to sit on it, nothing is holding it on there.. as soon as i depress the accel it falls off...

It wasnt like this with the cable I had on it before.. is there ment to be a clip or something that keeps it on the ball socket or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks guys hope to hear from someone soon, car needs to be ready for tomorrow and it still has to go upto the exhaust shop to get the exhaust fixed (it runs WAY too hot and melts throttle cables hence the new one..).. it just needs to get me down the road.

Post subject: Re: Throttle cable issues
Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:58 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: EA, EB GT kit, AU XR6 HP engine

QLD, Australia

Fazza-ED wrote:
Hi everyone,

I am in the process of putting a new throttle cable in my xh ute, now everything has gone smoothly except for the last part. When ever I put it on the as my gregorys says the "Throttle level ball socket" it just seems to sit on it, nothing is holding it on there.. as soon as i depress the accel it falls off...

It wasnt like this with the cable I had on it before.. is there ment to be a clip or something that keeps it on the ball socket or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks guys hope to hear from someone soon, car needs to be ready for tomorrow and it still has to go upto the exhaust shop to get the exhaust fixed (it runs WAY too hot and melts throttle cables hence the new one..).. it just needs to get me down the road.

Hey man, there should be a clip on the end of the cable. There is the little joint that pops over the ball, but there should also be a metal sleeve around that, that sleeve clips in and holds it into place.

Rob one off your EB for the time being.

I have the exact same issue with my ute melting throttle cables. I don't know how to fix it.

EA Fairmont, EB GT kit w/o wing, AU XR6 HP engine, 17's lol Buy it
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... 0628130825

Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:02 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: XH Ute / ED falon

QLD, Australia

kawasakirider wrote:
Fazza-ED wrote:
Hi everyone,

Hey man, there should be a clip on the end of the cable. There is the little joint that pops over the ball, but there should also be a metal sleeve around that, that sleeve clips in and holds it into place.

I have the exact same issue with my ute melting throttle cables. I don't know how to fix it.

Awsome thanks for that, I have 2 XH utes in the front yard at the moment, the white one, the yellow one and then theres mums ED... Both the little clips are missing on the XH's however I have a feeling that the yellow one dropped on the ground under it because when i pulled the rooted cable off i could here the sound of metal bouncing off other metal.. but i wasnt sure what to look for.

I believe the reason my ute is melting them is because of the material used on the exhaust... it has a set of redback extractors on them, however the white one had pacemakers and i never had an issue with melting cables on that one.

The car runs extremely hot similar to what yours was, i would reach M just idling at some stages... Its very annoying when my white one wouldnt even get to the L...

Anyways I will try and find this clip

THankyou so much! :D

Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:43 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: EA, EB GT kit, AU XR6 HP engine

QLD, Australia

Fazza-ED wrote:
kawasakirider wrote:
Fazza-ED wrote:
Hi everyone,

Awsome thanks for that, I have 2 XH utes in the front yard at the moment, the white one, the yellow one and then theres mums ED... Both the little clips are missing on the XH's however I have a feeling that the yellow one dropped on the ground under it because when i pulled the rooted cable off i could here the sound of metal bouncing off other metal.. but i wasnt sure what to look for.

I believe the reason my ute is melting them is because of the material used on the exhaust... it has a set of redback extractors on them, however the white one had pacemakers and i never had an issue with melting cables on that one.

The car runs extremely hot similar to what yours was, i would reach M just idling at some stages... Its very annoying when my white one wouldnt even get to the L...

Anyways I will try and find this clip

THankyou so much! :D

Hey mate, how did you go with the cable?

Yeah tell me about it, my throttle cable has stretched even more today. The only time my car reaches the M Is if I am in peak hour in really hot weather, it never usually hits M. Nevertheless, my throttle cable has stretched to the point where I'm just getting over half throttle and it's fairly annoying.

Where did you get your throttle cable and how much was it mate?

Cheers,

Trent

EA Fairmont, EB GT kit w/o wing, AU XR6 HP engine, 17's lol Buy it
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... 0628130825

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]