Fordmods Logo

Tickford 162kw i6 or 165kw Windsor V8??? Whos quicker??? 

 

Page 3 of 7 [ 103 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

 
Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 3025

Joined: 28th Oct 2005

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA MKII XR8

Location: Caroline Springs
VIC, Australia

Steady ED wrote:
Something between 14 and 16 seconds I'd guess :P


So you've got a fairly accurate guess as to what she will do then? :lol:

I'd say high 14's if she's stock and the track is grippy.

I've got an old Wheels mag with an article of an ED SPRINT vs a VR CLUBBIE and in the WET, the sprint pulled a 16.0 flat.

It KILLED the clubbie for in gear acceleration though :)

Love Sprints. I'm a BIG Sprint fan.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 6449

Joined: 11th Nov 2004

how much do you think it cost to redesign an engine??
and for what?? they would have been working on the twincam motor befor the AU was ever on sale. the gasket was cheap effective answer and kept the cost of the AU down
i'd call the twincamer the solution wouldn't you


and about the S2xr8 sorry mate ford quoted 400m 15.6, a little lacking there

and the ED sprint 15.1 still 0.1 behind my friend

 

_________________

PERMANENTLY BANNED

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 34

Posts: 2351

Joined: 11th Nov 2004

Gallery: 30 images

Ride: Blown XR8

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

I've had good experiences with the E Series and head gaskets too, but the problem still lies there, waiting for the car to overheat just once, and bang there it goes. If the head goes as well, kiss goodbye to 2k if you're not mechanically minded.
sub 14 seconds out of a stock E-Series XR6. I'm calling anyone to prove that. You could have a freak one, and still wouldnt get better than low 15's. I'm not being arrogant, i'm just not stroking my own ego.
Try exhaust extractors, a better cold air induction and perhaps you'd get it.
The sprint should pull into the 14's no probs.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 3025

Joined: 28th Oct 2005

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA MKII XR8

Location: Caroline Springs
VIC, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
how much do you think it cost to redesign an engine??
and for what?? they would have been working on the twincam motor befor the AU was ever on sale. the gasket was cheap effective answer and kept the cost of the AU down
i'd call the twincamer the solution wouldn't you


and about the S2xr8 sorry mate ford quoted 400m 15.6, a little lacking there

and the ED sprint 15.1 still 0.1 behind my friend


Mate, I love my 4.0 litres (more so than the 5.0 litre) but show me a STOCK 4.0 litre e-series that will pull 15.0 down the quarter........

Everyone is well aware that the sixes are quicker than the eights, but lets get serious here bud :)
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 34

Posts: 2351

Joined: 11th Nov 2004

Gallery: 30 images

Ride: Blown XR8

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

and the quoted time of your what EL XR6? wouldn't be anywhere the low 15's. So quoted times mean jack s**t, everyone knows that. Some cars are quicker than their quoted times, others will never get near them.
Any Tom d**k or harry could get an EL XR8 series 2 down the quarter in less than 15.6.
My car is average with average km's and with exhaust and extractors ran 15.2. A Series two with GT headers, GT40 Heads, Explorer manifold and 3.45 diff gears will go well.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 6449

Joined: 11th Nov 2004

downingj wrote:
tickford_6 wrote:
how much do you think it cost to redesign an engine??
and for what?? they would have been working on the twincam motor befor the AU was ever on sale. the gasket was cheap effective answer and kept the cost of the AU down
i'd call the twincamer the solution wouldn't you


and about the S2xr8 sorry mate ford quoted 400m 15.6, a little lacking there

and the ED sprint 15.1 still 0.1 behind my friend


Mate, I love my 4.0 litres (more so than the 5.0 litre) but show me a STOCK 4.0 litre e-series that will pull 15.0 down the quarter........

Everyone is well aware that the sixes are quicker than the eights, but lets get serious here bud :)

Quote:
sub 14 seconds out of a stock E-Series XR6. I'm calling anyone to prove that.


Steady ED wrote:


I'll even let you keep your extractors, exhaust and bigger CAI.



the 15.0 is what i ran with these mods.

and since the offer was there to keep them i went with that.

i never said my stock XR6 did 15 flat.. helps to read all the posts

 

_________________

PERMANENTLY BANNED

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 3025

Joined: 28th Oct 2005

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA MKII XR8

Location: Caroline Springs
VIC, Australia

Oh well, from what I read, it came across as you talkin "stock". My bad.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 34

Posts: 2351

Joined: 11th Nov 2004

Gallery: 30 images

Ride: Blown XR8

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Hahaha, so in your own mind you quote the times of your modified 6 to a stock 8. If you really want to win whats turning into a little argument, I'm sure you could beat us all with a turbo kit, and numerous other mods, cause anyone's stock 8's are too slow to compete.
Well i read all the other posts, and i didn't see anywhere that you were now comparing modified 6's to stock 8's.
So stock you could take another half a second off that time at least.
Compare apples with apples.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 6449

Joined: 11th Nov 2004

it's cool man.

not like there is much to it any way. i just love the way anyone with an E series XR8 gets all upset when the topic of the FACT that the XR6 is fatser get bought up. with the exception of the sprint all 356 of them, i'll give you that

i mean really this topic shouldn't exist.
the XR8 should have been faster, the fact the topic is here proves there is some thing to it

 

_________________

PERMANENTLY BANNED

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 6449

Joined: 11th Nov 2004

EL XR8 wrote:
Hahaha, so in your own mind you quote the times of your modified 6 to a stock 8. If you really want to win whats turning into a little argument, I'm sure you could beat us all with a turbo kit, and numerous other mods, cause anyone's stock 8's are too slow to compete.
Well i read all the other posts, and i didn't see anywhere that you were now comparing modified 6's to stock 8's.
So stock you could take another half a second off that time at least.
Compare apples with apples.


hey dude the offer was there. go have a read of the posts and find out where them comment was made

hang on i'll do it for


tickford_6 wrote:
Steady ED wrote:
tickford_6 wrote:
and as for an 8 being as quick..i chalange any one with a stock e series XR8
to race. I'll put all the stock parts back on my XR6. we'll see who's faster.


I'll take those odds :lol:
I'll even let you keep your extractors, exhaust and bigger CAI.



if thats the case. show me a stock XR8 that can run in the high 14s
cos that what you'll need :wink:


are you blind??

 

_________________

PERMANENTLY BANNED

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 34

Posts: 2351

Joined: 11th Nov 2004

Gallery: 30 images

Ride: Blown XR8

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

The offer from SteadyED was there, but you never said you were then taking him up on it. Downingj as well as myself didn't know this.
I don't get upset about the 6 being quicker, so i'm not one of them.
I know they are quicker than a Series 1 EL XR8, cause my mates was, until i got a cold air induction setup going. Then we were neck for neck, with exactly the same 3 mods, exhuast, cold air, extractors.
A Series 2 would go harder than mine again, because it has the performance parts, that hinder the Series 1's.

To go back to the topic anyway, the V8 in a Fairy would be line and ball with the 6, because they are a lot closer in comparison than the XR6 and XR8, re diff ratios being equal now.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 6449

Joined: 11th Nov 2004

blind and stupid??

when i said IF THATS THE CASE SHOW ME A STOCK XR8 THAT RUNS HIGH 14s.


does if thats the case class as taking up the offer???

and like i said read all the post you find it helps keep up with the topic

 

_________________

PERMANENTLY BANNED

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 34

Posts: 2351

Joined: 11th Nov 2004

Gallery: 30 images

Ride: Blown XR8

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

No i means we are supposed to assume your car runs low or flat 15's stock. As for the whole point we were comparing STOCK cars, so a stock XR8 would have to run high 14's to beat your STOCK XR6 which we assume does low or flat 15's. How the f**k are we supposed to know.
So read the damn thing yourself. I'm not a f**k mind reader.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 6449

Joined: 11th Nov 2004

because it's writen there in plain english. i really dont see how it's that hard to get your head around.

right there he is saying keep the mods the stock XR8 will win any way
does that not put forward the chalange you claim to not exist??



Steady ED wrote:
tickford_6 wrote:
and as for an 8 being as quick..i chalange any one with a stock e series XR8
to race. I'll put all the stock parts back on my XR6. we'll see who's faster.


I'll take those odds :lol:
I'll even let you keep your extractors, exhaust and bigger CAI.



if thats the case. show me a stock XR8 that can run in the high 14s
cos that what you'll need :wink:



ok i'll assume you read the above..
and after reading it do you see the the stock XR8 vs. the moded XR6???
because my self and every one els can.



yeah teh 185kw xr8 closed the gap a little but it needed the AU XR8 to get ahead.

 

_________________

PERMANENTLY BANNED

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 6449

Joined: 11th Nov 2004

you could have just left it with oh my bad i didn't that. but no you have to call me lier

i wont be called lier sorry mate

 

_________________

PERMANENTLY BANNED

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 3 of 7  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 18 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:07 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names