Fordmods Logo

Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: .
Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:32 am 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

Last edited by falcon4litreOHC on Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:13 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: AU Fairmont Ghia

WA, Australia

different temps either time (second time it was cooler or night?)

I find it hard to belive that someone would pay $120 for a K&N filter then ditch it for a $30 low cleaning ability pod :shock:

Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:40 am 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

Last edited by falcon4litreOHC on Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:13 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

the earths magnetic field {south pole} was acting against your automobile as you were heading north. As you head back south the force was pulling your vehicle towards it. :lol:

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

[self-deleted]

Last edited by blackjack_original on Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XT, BA XR6T, ED Ghia 5.0

WA, Australia

Don't believe your trip computer. It's more accurate to brim the tank, got for a drive and record how far you went, brim the tank again and work out your economy that way.

What's the difference between a Holden and a sheep? It's less embarrasing getting out of the back of a sheep..

Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 3:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: GTHO PH 1 EF ex chaser

QLD, Australia

ead right there don't believe the trip computers they LIE (sometimes)

Rotten Old Revhead!!! XW GTHO + EF ex cop car (exractors 2.5 cat back zorst !6" Simmons K&N +airbox mods Lowered with Bilstein shocks+Whiteline Bars NEXT THING Swap HO for GTP or Ferrari!

Post subject: know this one
Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:37 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: holden

NSW, Australia

Have a AU falcon friend with a pod filter and he is getting excellent figures both power (feel) and economy (comp) been running it for nearly 4 months now think i may have a few answers.

1 opens large air supply directly under the bonnet , simmilar to stationary air box on motor cylces if you can draw from large air you get instasnt throttle response

2 air can be considered to be slightly colder in this sense drafting from low in the engine bay

3 free flow filters will increase outputs over a range of readings we all know this

4 if it works it works so long as you are not pulling hot aitr into the intake from high in the engine bay the mod should improve performance and economy

their you go try it you may like the results and for $30 bucks whats the loss
i know im goin to put a SS cold intake on my recently purchased XR6

ouch both a ford and a holden interesting

Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:14 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: ED Falcon

SA, Australia

You could have had a headwind going or there was more uphill travelling on your outbound trip.

Then again if your engine is breathing better, economy can be better.

I post here cos the russian tank driver doesn't

Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:26 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ED V8

WA, Australia

You may have had a faulty K&N or it may simply have been really, really dirty, reducing the flow.

That would be the only reason that your fuel figures would improve with a POS filter like the one you bought for $30.

ED XR8 Spri-mitatio-nt

Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:41 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

The ECU stores your driving habits, eg: stop & go in traffic. on your way up, it was calculating the distance you'll use according to your normal daily driving habits.

when I fill right up before a long trip, the DTE meter says 560km for that full tank. but once I'm 100 to 130km away at a constant speed of 100kpm, the DTE will read a peak predicted distance of 690- 710km.

we all know that the further you drive at steady speed, its more economical.

maybe unclewoja was right about the theory, cause I myself have driven around for a while without the snorkel attached. the tail pipe was cleared of black silt.

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:

Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:15 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: 98 DL LTD | 71 XY

WA, Australia

Slick wrote:
The ECU stores your driving habits

when I fill right up before a long trip, the DTE meter says 560km for that full tank. but once I'm 100 to 130km away at a constant speed of 100kpm, the DTE will read a peak predicted distance of 690- 710km.

Maybe I need to reset my ecu.. My range will hardly ever go over 500 anymore i dont know what happened to it, usally by the time your back from paying for ya fuel its well over 500. Ill try that tomorrow

RIP Scotty
Still Doin It For Ya Mate

Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:56 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

SIM wrote:
Slick wrote:
The ECU stores your driving habits

Maybe I need to reset my ecu.. My range will hardly ever go over 500 anymore i dont know what happened to it, usally by the time your back from paying for ya fuel its well over 500. Ill try that tomorrow

I have a 82 litre tank, don't get much distance if I'm working around Hobart area. only if I got work out side Hobart{ country driving}, then I'll see some descent economy. for instence, if I'm working 100km away for the next couple of days. my range will increase.

Pakrat wrote:

Post subject: Re: Better fuel economy with pod filter! what the?
Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: Ford FPV FG F6 310

Power: 149 rwkw

QLD, Australia

falcon4litreOHC wrote:
Just did a 2800km trip in the el falcon this week. Drove from brisbane too townsville and back again.

Anyway with a k&n panel filter and Au XR8 snorkel(intake mods) i managed 11.7l/100km on the trip computer.(only fueled up with caltex vortex).

On the way home i stopped at Supercheap and got a TFI racing pod filter for $30 and a universal mounting braket for $8 and mounted it directly off the EL strut tower pipe. (which is exactly like my mate payed a shop to do a few weeks back, except different looking pod filters).

When i got back too brissy the trip meter showed an average of 9.5l/100km. I also only used caltex vortex fuel and had cruise set at 105km/hr the whole way.........

Can someone please explain why i got better fuel economy with an exposed pod filter in the engine bay?

It feels like the car has better throttle response in 1st,2nd gear manually shifting and overtaking speed feels the same.

From the results of the trip meter, i am going to keep the pod attached and leave the airbox in the cupboard.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you did reset the trip meter each time?
that still don't sound right though.

NEW RIDE - FPV FG F6 6spd Auto. 12.26@114MPH, 1.88 60FT on Cheapy Tyres with 38PSI - Stock except K&N filter!

R.I.P. BF XR6 Turbo - You will not be forgotten :( 12.06@120MPH

Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL FAIRMONT GHIA 97

WA, Australia

I jsut drove to adelaide this weekend well on thursday and i got 745km out of a full tank and had 5L left..

Now on the way back i got 815km out of a tank of mobile 8000. and had enough to drive to work this morning.

now dont get me wrong but thats 8.7L / 100kms

thats economical
oh its a EL FAIRMONT GHIA AS WELL.

cheers kyle

-------EL Fairmont Ghia with CUstome BA XR body kit-------

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next