Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

twr7cx wrote:
phongus wrote:
well mate if u want to go louder get an 8

that comment is stupid, whats the loudest thing you hear on the road? My answer would be Harleys and such, and they sure arn't 8 cylinders. In otherwords it doesn't have to be a V8 to be loud!

yeah...i mean any car can have a loud note...but as dan said i was meant to say a nice note....not a loud and ugly note....i started the engine with the exhaust off though that thing sounded loud...but extremely ear hurtful...so calm down cowboy.

btw on that note....why are harleys allowed to be that loud and cars not?

Quote:
phongus wrote:
Big Kev wrote:
and if ya serious and couldnt care about rules n regulations then ya may as well have it modified to have no rear resonator and instead of a straight thru pipe have it dump at the diff

why do u always post twice icon_razz.gif edit the top one of urs hahah

anyways back on topic.

well mate if u want to go louder get an 8 or as kev said...it will be droney and sound pretty ugly....i have a 2.5" lukey exhaust with 2 mufflers....that seems fine tbh....what is it with louder exhaustS?

why u worried mate im trying to catch your post whore count icon_razz.gif well dont be ... icon_biggrin.gif

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

EL__Fairmont wrote:
The muffler on the car has entry and exits at opposite ends of the muffler. the pipe inside must run diagonal across it.

Are you running a lukey race muffler? How much do they cost?

Well to start with a center to centre is going to flow better and be louder due to less restriction as there's no bend/curve in the flow.
I'm running a Lukey Ultraflow in my Falcon. Had a racemuffler in the Valiant. There much heavier duty design and are stainless steel. You can also get Lukey Ultraflow Stainless Steels, which have a mirror finish on the body, look cool.

Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

phongus wrote:
btw on that note....why are harleys allowed to be that loud and cars not?

My theory, either because cops are scared of them and so don't pull them up for it.
Or they just figure soon a rival gang will knock em off and so leave it.
Or maybe just because there arn't that many of themm, so they leaave it, were if there were more and it was a bigger deal they pick em up.
Or maybe because they've been doing it for decades so they just leavee emm.
I dunno.

Speaking of Harleys, came outt of the deli the other day to see the leader of some gang (so I'm told) hop onto his,, the thing had like hydrolic suspesion or something, as when it was sitting there it was sitting on the bottom of the frame (not a stand), and then lifted up, also had a supercharger on it and a NOS bottle. psyco - death on two wheels!!!

Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:24 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: Falcon EA S

NSW, Australia

I have an EA SPAC II and i got a straight through CAT with a small front resinator that goes to a hotodog then a mandrel bend and out. I don't have a 2.5" i think, just the standard that come out on those. My exhaust used to sound s**t. Then i got a new accelerator cable and now she's the best I6 falcon i've heard.

Once it ran on five cylinders after the lead broke down and definatly sounded like an old rough and tough V8.

Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:27 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

ooops forgot my post off...well kev...i think i have slowed down my post whoring....so ull catch up :P

EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.

Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

QLD, Australia

twr7cx wrote:
EL__Fairmont wrote:
The muffler on the car has entry and exits at opposite ends of the muffler. the pipe inside must run diagonal across it.

Are you running a lukey race muffler? How much do they cost?

Well to start with a center to centre is going to flow better and be louder due to less restriction as there's no bend/curve in the flow.
I'm running a Lukey Ultraflow in my Falcon. Had a racemuffler in the Valiant. There much heavier duty design and are stainless steel. You can also get Lukey Ultraflow Stainless Steels, which have a mirror finish on the body, look cool.

I still have the rear muffler off my redback system that was removed about 1 year ago and replaced with a straight through tail pipe. This muffler (resinator) is rectangular in shape and is straight through. ( I can look straight through it.)

So a cheap way out, would be chop the main redback muffler off and install the straight through smaller muffler from the previous tailpipe section.'

does that sound plausiable? any opinions?

97 EL Fairmont 4l OHC .Silver.
Exhaust: Pacemaker's, 2.5" exhaust and Hiflow cat
Intake: FRAM AIRHOG , EL GT snorkel
XR6 300kpa fuel reg Stg 2 Auto Shift Kit.6DJA ECU
PM in Qld looking too buy Toyota 4*4 SR5 Dualcab Hilux 91-97 with 2.8l diesel engine/5spd manual

Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Yeah it sounds doable to me.

Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

QLD, Australia

Whats Louder!!!!!!!

2.5in Redback cat back exhaust with 1 muffler or 2.5in Lukey cat back exhaust with 1 muffler.

Rang around and a lukey ultraflow muffler is $250 fitted and a lukey cat back exhaust fitted with 1 muffler is $260.

Mmmmm My exhaust is about 2 years old now so might just get a lukey system put on if someone can verify that it is louder over the redback.

97 EL Fairmont 4l OHC .Silver.
Exhaust: Pacemaker's, 2.5" exhaust and Hiflow cat
Intake: FRAM AIRHOG , EL GT snorkel
XR6 300kpa fuel reg Stg 2 Auto Shift Kit.6DJA ECU
PM in Qld looking too buy Toyota 4*4 SR5 Dualcab Hilux 91-97 with 2.8l diesel engine/5spd manual

Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:36 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

EL__Fairmont wrote:
Whats Louder!!!!!!!

2.5in Redback cat back exhaust with 1 muffler or 2.5in Lukey cat back exhaust with 1 muffler.

Rang around and a lukey ultraflow muffler is $250 fitted and a lukey cat back exhaust fitted with 1 muffler is $260.

Mmmmm My exhaust is about 2 years old now so might just get a lukey system put on if someone can verify that it is louder over the redback.

well supposedly no matter what...lukey has a better note but the quality build is lower then that of redback.

lose lose situation.

but yeah lukey sounds better....not sure of louder but better note for the 6

Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Soarer 2.5GT-T

VIC, Australia

pfft lukey doesnt' sound as good as redback, it's just louder.

Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:34 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

YTMONT wrote:

it does sound better then redback :P i had half a redback in my old system (didn't know until i pulled it out) and it didn't sound all that great..and in the end i didn't even find that hole that was meant to be there....so :P

then again i could be biased because i have a lukey exhaust

Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Soarer 2.5GT-T

VIC, Australia

phongus wrote:
YTMONT wrote:

it does sound better then redback :P i had half a redback in my old system (didn't know until i pulled it out) and it didn't sound all that great..and in the end i didn't even find that hole that was meant to be there....so :P

then again i could be biased because i have a lukey exhaust

nah, the redback sounds awesome, sounded tough as on the xr6, don't like my lukey exhuast.

Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:53 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

i guess everyone to their own.

so back to the topic....it depends what kinda sound you want out of the exhaust.....ask some of the boys here if u want to have a listen to how they sound.

mine is not in the greatest condition to listen to....its got a leak at the gasket...me and an asian job never goes together well.

Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:22 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EF Mont

TAS, Australia

YTMONT wrote:

If you want it fairly tame get a redback 2.5" with a rear resonator, will have a nice note, but will be fairly quiet and flow pretty well.

Thats what I was thinkin about getting. Where's that sit in the scheme of performance tho? With the mods I've got in mind the exhausts is probably the thing that'll make the most performance gain. I can deal with a fair amount of noise after the cackling XF I had previous, I just don't want the b**ch to drone its a** off when I'm drivin down the highway.

Sanity is for the Weak!!

Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 5 Star Boxcar

NSW, Australia

someone told me bikes are considered farm equipment or something so they can be as loud as they want...

Kezz's 5sp Box Car ---> RPD enhanced with a bunch of other stuff

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next