Fordmods Logo

Troy's 96 EL Fairmont. Bodykit in the process! 

Page 8 of 8 [ 114 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post subject: Re: Troy's 96 EL Fairmont.
Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:36 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: XG

VIC, Australia

Pretty sure a pack of welch plugs brass is $35 or so at least that how much supercheap auto sell them for and yeah both sides need to be done has it's best to do all at the same time like most things on a car, but also there is one at the rear that needs to be done too, think engine has to be remove for the one though not 100% sure on that.

XG Ute - 3 Seater - Auto - Dual Fuel

Post subject: Re: Troy's 96 EL Fairmont.
Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:46 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: 2010 G6E

VIC, Australia

so i was lucky enough to pick up some genuine side skirts and a rear skirt for next to nothing yesterday through a friend of a friend, unfortunately no front, so yesterday arvo and this arvo i got stuck into sanding down the clear coat and some of the paint, enough to spray and have it hold, without having to prime.
i got carried away yesterday and got the door fins done and a couple coats on them, today i gave them a 1500 wet sand followed by 2 more coats and they are yet to be cleared got the 2000g for then, have also just laid my second coat on the skirt ends. also got into starting to sand the rear lip.
now when it comes to sanding and painting, i'm an impatient person, so i'd call this a decent effort, although my only concern is that i've painted the fins with color natched "touch up" paint i already had.
i'm considering doing the rest in it, with alot of prep first, and seeing as i'm guessing it'll be a bit before i have a front lip, i'll be able to weather them abit and see how it all holds up, worst case i'll head down the panel beaters and get them to spray it all properly when i get the front.
here's some progress pics, any feedback whether good or bad is welcomed.
aforementioned paint.
untouched, sanded and yet to be cleared.
being that it was cheap, it was also damaged, hence no front lip, i'm tossing up whether i should give fibreglassing a go to re create the mounting holes, as i've always wanted to give it a go.

Now when it comes to fitting, what can you tell me? all i'm going on it the ol' faithful measure twice cut/drill once rule, and will be picking up some sikaflex. anyone wanna give me a quick run through?
cheers.

be good or be good at it.

Post subject: Re: Troy's 96 EL Fairmont. Bodykit in the process!
Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:26 pm 
Tyre Shredder

VIC, Australia

so just discovered the HUUUUGGGEEE compressor we have at work today, that we use, in fact, to paint! :D
shouldn't be too much persuasion to get the boss to let me have my way with it, so i'll be looking into getting some paint mixed up in the next week or so.
car is currently at the mechanics, dropped in before and he'd just got it on the hoist, green coolant has absolutely stained the block and starter motor :oops: , and my heater tap has shat itself again, i assume it's from my over tightening when i changed it.
he mentioned only changing two, but when he calls i'll be re assuring that he changes all, for peace of mind.
cbf on the sanding today, heat kept me up all nigh and drained from work.

Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:04 pm 
Tyre Shredder

VIC, Australia

leak fixed last week, turned out to be two hoses had somehow pinched and leaked all voer the black, $120 later and all better.
stopped by at the wreckers after getting new wheels today to find a el falcon with a near brand new coolant reservoir, which i've been looking at puchasing off ebay, lol.
$20 later and it was mine, drilled out the sensor plug hole and fitted. much nicer than the brown one i had. lol.
also got bored and chopped up my grill to fit some mesh in, lost interest once i found that it was cracked in a few places and looked terrible, still finished the job, looks nice, but detail was absent due to grill condition deteriorating.
currently still sanding and varnishing the woodgrain here and there when i can be bothered, nothing special, just a freshen up.

Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: EF XR8

NSW, Australia

teeroy wrote:

Grille looks good man,
too bad about the cracks.

I should give that a go :P

Blue blooded.

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:00 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: FG G6E/EF Fairmont

VIC, Australia

teeroy wrote:

I want it!!! Looks awesome :mrgreen:

"Build" Thread: the-garage-f53/jesse-s-g6e-and-ef-fairmont-t103265.html

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:44 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 22 images

Ride: NF Fairlane

VIC, Australia

yeh mate that is looking good,top job with the grill,and how lucky are you to find that reservoir bottle man,i need ome too mine is a shocker.Hey Troy you comin down to all ford day Sunday i know your name isnt on the the list but i thought maby you would pop in anywayif you aint doin nothin else of course.

*NF FAIRLANE RIDING ON KING SPRING ULTRAS AND 20 INCH BSA CUSTOMS*
(Watching out for speed humps and steep driveways) ;-?

Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:56 pm 
Tyre Shredder

VIC, Australia

cheers goi's.
yeah nah not sure still on sunday, keen though, just having a big one saturday night.
hoping to arrange the sunroof after work tomorrow, hopefully can get it looked at and possibly fixed on saturday. i procrastinate alot but have a bit of motivation lately so yeah, works a drainer though.
need a skyhigh cruise or something before summer ends true. :?: :idea:

Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:20 am 
Tyre Shredder

VIC, Australia

finally have the sunroof fixed, turns out the fuse blew but it still managed to fry the power wire, F**k knows how or why but all better now, and my roof lining is back at a horizontal level. :D
will have to get some happy snaps, especially once i get the new suspension in, maybe this week/weekend.
now it's time to hunt for some passenger doors, rear is still giving me grief with the locking mechanism mount being dented and i noticed a small patch of rust on the bottom o the front, being a door, easier to replace than repair, being a arctic blue fairmont, problem is patience. or a falcon one will suit.

Sort by  
 Page 8 of 8  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8