Fordmods Logo

Troy's 96 EL Fairmont. Bodykit in the process! 

Page 3 of 8 [ 114 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

Post subject: Re: 96 EL Fairmont, where to start.
Posted: Wed May 18, 2011 8:00 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: 2010 G6E

VIC, Australia

phongus wrote:
teeroy wrote:
nah, as said above, i chopped most of the doorcard away so none of it is protruding onto the speaker. the speakers a six inch, but needed a spacer.

Weak, my 6" speaker is held in place by one screw and the door trimp :P

By the way, I have an EF XR body kit if you're interested. Front and rear skirts and door moulds are genuine, side skirt is fibreglass (that is being fixed). PM me if you're interested.

PM sent.

guys, another question.
the screen of my climate control bulb died a while back and a day off today(birthday yay :D ) gave me an oppurtunity to replace all the globes i needed, although with this one, i found that it just wouldn't light, new globe and all, so i've spliced it onto the other bulb wire for the climate control.
that was all fine and dandy until whilst trial fitting, i shorted it due to not taping the wire splice.
my problem now is that with new globes, the climate control will not light up at all, i suspect a fuse but fuse box fuses are all fine, and i can't seem to find the climate control fuse, any help would be appreciated.

be good or be good at it.

Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:30 pm 
Tyre Shredder

VIC, Australia

well, been a while and with the cruise coming up on the weekend, i thought i'd neaten up the car a bit, seeing as nothing else really has been done.
so today i started on stripping the paint on a door mould the panel beater painted on, just on the section where it's meant to stay grey, thought i'd do it as the hopeless double sided tape was coming oiff and the chrome tape was ruined so i'm re-doing that.
atm it's all stripped and looked a bit pale from the strippers, i tried cut and polish but no luck, so i randomly decided to spray a light coat of clear, try and get a wetlook going. lol. :roll:
excuse failed pics, i don't think to take photos til it's usually too late, if at all.

Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:37 pm 
Tyre Shredder

VIC, Australia

start.

progress

and the other day i decided to take the front stage amp out and just go back to running off h/u. amp was only running one channel and sound quality was failing it.
gave a good clean too while i was at it, wire brushed the rust off seat bottoms and re sprayed them.

once the clear coat dries and i chrome the strip i'll put a pic up, just cos i can..

Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:32 am 
Tyre Shredder

VIC, Australia

and last but not least, i know it's not the greatest, but i get excited and impatient, so i coudnt help myself.
before it goes onto the door i got clean the old tape residue off and get some wax and grease remover onto it, make sure it's all ready for a clean adhesion surface, hopefully it holds out for longer then a month or two.

Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:11 am 
Tyre Shredder

VIC, Australia

while i've gotten proactive about it, i'm on a mission for tomorrow to go and pick up some long sockets, take my grill off sand and re paint it, decided it's getting car colored as i've still got a can of color coded paint left and i'll give the black a fresh look and clear them with non cheap stuff.
that and i'll have a bit of a go at some cut and polish on the touched up dull spots.

oh and if anyone with a fairmont is keen, i've got an ef fairmont grill in arctic blue for sale, good condition, i bought it ages ago impulsively. $40.

Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:17 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL xr6

VIC, Australia

hahaaha man money is always the problem.one thing i can tell ya.the forsales section on this site is my best friend and so is stoj.lowerd the a*** end of my car for $60 and rear shocks cost me $1 from pick apart (sports ryders) they are way better then standard.i picked up high tech extractors and a high flow cat both for $80 lmaoo rims $700 and all the rest find heaps of bargains man.and as for stripping the paint off the chrome CARBY CLEANER from super roo would of gottten it off without even scraping it lmaoo.car looks awesome slowly, slowly and it gets better.one thing i found is when im savng up for something someother sh*t comes up and cant get what i was saving for.i swear if i had a run around car and had this thing sitting and didnt spend any money on my run around car my car would have the works on it.lmao slowly slowly.lol make sure its ready for the cruise.dont be like one of my mates.starts pulling apart his diff to fit a mini spool the night before a burnout comp hahaha didnt have his car done for 3 days lol had to get a new center lol

EL xr6,standard a** au motor,hi-tech headers, 2 1/2inch red back,,Tikky kitted and wingless,Black GT-P's,on ultra lows and still too high

My Build: the-garage-f53/daniels-el-xr6-build-t100586.html

Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

o yeah and teeroy if you still havnt got any extractors yet i can help ya with that.ive got a mate thats selliing a set of wild cat extractors for $100.was going to buy them for mine but see no point if im going to turbo it lmaoo

EL xr6,standard a** au motor,hi-tech headers, 2 1/2inch red back,,Tikky kitted and wingless,Black GT-P's,on ultra lows and still too high

Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Turbo EL

VIC, Australia

I am jealous of that sunroof mate ! Keen to see what else you do :D

Build Thread:
1998 Turbo EL Futura Sapphire

Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

yeah im creaming over that bloody sunroof too.am spewing mine doesnt have one!!!

Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: EF XR8

NSW, Australia

Looking at this is giving me heaps of ideas for my 96 mont too,
Im interested in getting some Alpine 6" splits for the front,
just I have f**k all knowledge when it comes to it...

Do they hook up to the amp,
or can you just put them in the OEM loom?
I sound like an idiot,
but how else am I supposed to learn? Haha

Being a fellow P Plater,
I understand the money issue,
It's going to take me forever to save for
a set of superlows, rims and a fairmont/typhoon kit

But it'll eventually get there.

Cheers,
Russ.

Blue blooded.

Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:05 pm 
Tyre Shredder

VIC, Australia

wild-el wrote:
o yeah and teeroy if you still havnt got any extractors yet i can help ya with that.ive got a mate thats selliing a set of wild cat extractors for $100.was going to buy them for mine but see no point if im going to turbo it lmaoo

i'll take them if he's still got them after i get shocks out the way.
seeing as your on the hnt for a sunroof, keep an eye open for a motor fr one for me. :wink:

REW93N wrote:

I sound like an idiot,

Being a fellow P Plater,

Cheers,
Russ.

lol as you notice at the start of my thread, yuo gotta start somewhere, and all those "seemingly silly" questons, all add up to help you out so, don't be scared to ask.
with splits, they are best hooked up to an amp for better sound and clarity, but i've recently got rid of an amp and wired them back onto the factory speaker loom, just instead of going straight to speaker, the loom is connected to the crossover. sound quality hasn't dropped that much, mainly notice when you turn it up.
yeah i know what you mean with money, i'm a maccas biatch too with a decently unnecesesary social life, so car isn't usually first priority as much as i'd like it to be.
that and recently i've forked out for a new alternator, gas service and tyres luckily second hand ones, that and i'm currently on the hunt for a new sunroof motor as mine shat itself.

Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: EF XR8

NSW, Australia

teeroy wrote:
wild-el wrote:

seeing as your on the hnt for a sunroof, keep an eye open for a motor fr one for me. :wink:

REW93N wrote:

I sound like an idiot,

Being a fellow P Plater,

Cheers,
Russ.

lol as you notice at the start of my thread, yuo gotta start somewhere, and all those "seemingly silly" questons, all add up to help you out so, don't be scared to ask.
with splits, they are best hooked up to an amp for better sound and clarity, but i've recently got rid of an amp and wired them back onto the factory speaker loom, just instead of going straight to speaker, the loom is connected to the crossover. sound quality hasn't dropped that much, mainly notice when you turn it up.
yeah i know what you mean with money, i'm a maccas biatch too with a decently unnecesesary social life, so car isn't usually first priority as much as i'd like it to be.
that and recently i've forked out for a new alternator, gas service and tyres luckily second hand ones, that and i'm currently on the hunt for a new sunroof motor as mine shat itself.

Good stuff man,
I'm always edgy about doing new things
but everything is always easier when you know how.
I think my next mod job will be getting some BA Fairlane "Ghia" badges
to replace the EL Ghia ones and two EL Fairmont Badges so I can
stick them down the side of the car in an "XR6-like" style

Oh,
and to reattach my tailpipe...

Thanks for the help man,
no doubt i'll be sticking around on this thread and
asking for the odd "stupid question" every now and again.

Like, "Where can I find some cheap NL Concorde wheels bro, I need em because they look sik n s**t"

Haha,
Cheers.

Blue blooded.

Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

teeroy wrote:
wild-el wrote:

no worries mate.let me know when you have some cash together and ill organise em for ya.and with the sun roof motor ill have a sniff around the wreckers for ya when i get a chance.bbq for my sisters bday today so am busy today lol

Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:38 am 
Tyre Shredder

VIC, Australia

wild-el wrote:
teeroy wrote:
wild-el wrote:

no worries mate.let me know when you have some cash together and ill organise em for ya.and with the sun roof motor ill have a sniff around the wreckers for ya when i get a chance.bbq for my sisters bday today so am busy today lol

lol no worries, catchya tomorrow anyway, don't forget the brake pads. 8-)

Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:26 pm 
Tyre Shredder

VIC, Australia

so i picked up a sunroof motor out of an au today, same motor, tested it, it works, fits up fine although won't operate, now on the hunt for a fuse, anyone know where it's located?

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 8  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next