Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Post subject: Tuning shop?
Posted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: BFII Turbo

Power: 253 rwkw

VIC, Australia

goinig to get the new cam put in the AU shortly. Need some advice on where to go out the west here. Keep in mind that its going to need a flash tune pretty much straight up so the shop will need to have capa flash tuning ability.

Please dont mention JMM because I dint want to ever have to speak with brendan mock in my life. I dont want to hear hours of him trying to persaude me to get rid of my paccies and wade cam for his gear. I dont trust him, he is a salesman, not a auto engineer.

so yeah, need a place that can be trusted to put in a cam, tune it up on flash tune, and do a good price.

enough isn't enough

Post subject: Re: Tuning shop?
Posted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL XR6, Blueprint, Turbo

VIC, Australia

stay away from Perfect Tune in Werribee.
regret ever going there, bad service and they take forever to do anything and they still f**k it up.

Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:55 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

thanks for the reply luke, ill steer clear of them.

surely someone has a workshop they can recomend form experience?

plenty of cammed and tuned 6's on these forums.

enough isn't enough

Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:40 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

bump

cmon guys i cant get any answer out of capa either.

enough isn't enough

Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: VY Commodore Wagon Accli

VIC, Australia

A few from the Geelong Phone book.

Rally Motors - 5222 1777 - 36 Mercer St, Geelong
TDR Engines & Race Parts - 5277 1003 - 2/ 14-16 Enmore ST North Geelong
Dalton Automotive - 5224 2708 - 10 Wood St Geelong South

These guy's have Dyno's, which is what I aimed for, TDR Engines & Race Parts I think would be your best bet, as long as you supply the cam, vernier gear (and shims if needed), you should be set.

Pre AU Adapters for sale

Successful Trades with: John_XR6 (John_LS1), Private9, Schmee, Manari, Kyle_Bardell, Greenhorn (Boostedfalcon.net), FTG AUTO SALVAGE, EVL098, Gogetta, EFIII, Krytox, Blue, Smik-EL, TP351.

Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: 98 EL Futura

Power: 199 rwkw

VIC, Australia

I dont of any places in Bannockburn, but theres plenty on this side of victoria. Are you willing to travel? Dandenong has quite a few places and if you want to travel even more lol. Bayswater Dynomotive is good place.

EL Futura: CVE head, Wolf V500, ICE Ignition and Coil, 36lb injectors, Walbro 255lb, Paci comps, 3" exhaust, T5, Harrop Truetrac with 3.9s. Now with 198.9rwkw, (~185rwkw and 13.80 @99.1mph) with more power to come

Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

No one in Bannockburn are Suitable, there are 2 mechanics here that I know of (total of 2 in Bannockburn), one is Bannockburn Motors, that place has had at least 5+ Owner Changes, the current guy has a sign up on the shed saying "Bannockburn Performance", not exactly sure what he has there.

The other bloke is J&B Automotive, in my eye's I don't see them as being suitable, however they do get alot of customers, and at the end of the day, it's who YOU think is best suited for the Job at hand.

Both are litrally 40 seconds drive from where I live, if you use any of those blokes make sure you stop by and say hello!!!!

Pre AU Adapters for sale

Successful Trades with: John_XR6 (John_LS1), Private9, Schmee, Manari, Kyle_Bardell, Greenhorn (Boostedfalcon.net), FTG AUTO SALVAGE, EVL098, Gogetta, EFIII, Krytox, Blue, Smik-EL, TP351.

Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

SpeedyED wrote:
No one in Bannockburn are Suitable, there are 2 mechanics here that I know of (total of 2 in Bannockburn), one is Bannockburn Motors, that place has had at least 5+ Owner Changes, the current guy has a sign up on the shed saying "Bannockburn Performance", not exactly sure what he has there.

The other bloke is J&B Automotive, in my eye's I don't see them as being suitable, however they do get alot of customers, and at the end of the day, it's who YOU think is best suited for the Job at hand.

Both are litrally 40 seconds drive from where I live, if you use any of those blokes make sure you stop by and say hello!!!!

After a quick chat to mum, J&B Automotive might be the guy's to speak to. 5281 1375, they are right next to the Caltex Safeway's Survo, you can't miss it.

Mum has heard from her guy/girl contacts that Bannockburn Motor's isn't crash hot, same goes to Teesdale Motors.

Pre AU Adapters for sale

Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

thanks speedy, ill talk to the guys you mentioned. IM not sure if its the place but a guy i used to be friends with works at a shop with a name like J&B automotive.. cant remember exactly. If im correct and it is the one im thinking of kaines a good mechanic but a complete wanker. went there to get a dyno reading but they didnt know how to do it properly. 50 bucks to them, no reading for me, plus waste of several hours. Is it on or near greaves st just off the princes freeway??

theres a bit of s**t going down with capa flash tuning, i believe they lost the contract with SCT, and now herrod motorsport has landed the deal.

its mostly this thats causing trouble, as its hard to find places with SCT flash tune software, at least it is out this side lol.

enough isn't enough

Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:26 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

GeZza200 wrote:
I dont of any places in Bannockburn, but theres plenty on this side of victoria. Are you willing to travel? Dandenong has quite a few places and if you want to travel even more lol. Bayswater Dynomotive is good place.

agreed, Status tuning in dande has done great work on all my 3 cars, but the issue is you'll have to travel.

Good luck getting it all sorted :D

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ]