Fordmods Logo

Tunning my AU 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: Tunning my AU
Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:18 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: ford falcon

ACT, Australia

Hi guys new to this site have an AUXR6 manual usall mods inlet & zorst comming into Sydney in feb for work looking at getting it tuned with the capa edit any recomendations.....??? also being hearing good news from cms with there head & cams

Jeff

Post subject: Re: Tunning my AU
Posted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: TS40

VIC, Australia

welcome to fms... it sound like you know what your after and i have no arguments... as far as recommendation id speak to joe at CMS and he will most likely give you a package (cam with tune to suit) :D good luck with the AU

Cheers Cam

Was - 2001 AUIII Ford Falcon Forte
Genuine T2 TS50 bodykit, 18" BF Cobras, Boge and Eibach Suspension and Complete AU2 Fairmont Ghia Interior

Now - 2012 FG Mk2 Ford Falcon XR6
Swift Green,6 Speed Auto, Stock... and a Fuel Card :)

Posted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:48 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

ACT, Australia

thanks Cam, I spoke to joe today & he said that they had just finished an AUXR6 with a stage 3 head & a 2a cam then tuned it with the sct gear & made 158rwkw with 470nm that impressed me enough so I'm booking it with the in Feb plus the fact that he spent time with me which in my book means something, I also rang another 2 places & as soon as I said it was an AU & what I wanted they bascily said its not worth it...........well then, you other guys don't get my money

cheers Jeff

Posted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: TS40

VIC, Australia

thats the exact same as a EL with a standard BA DOHC and BA Auto made(158rwkw)... any idea what trans it had? (auto or manual) sounds like you'll be pretty safe with CMS... let us know how you go

Cheers Cam

Was - 2001 AUIII Ford Falcon Forte
Genuine T2 TS50 bodykit, 18" BF Cobras, Boge and Eibach Suspension and Complete AU2 Fairmont Ghia Interior

Now - 2012 FG Mk2 Ford Falcon XR6
Swift Green,6 Speed Auto, Stock... and a Fuel Card :)

Posted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:02 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

ACT, Australia

thanks Cam, I spoke to joe today & he said that they had just finished an AUXR6 with a stage 3 head & a 2a cam then tuned it with the sct gear & made 158rwkw with 470nm that impressed me enough so I'm booking it with the in Feb plus the fact that he spent time with me which in my book means something, I also rang another 2 places & as soon as I said it was an AU & what I wanted they bascily said its not worth it...........well then, you other guys don't get my money

cheers Jeff

Posted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:49 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

fourL6 wrote:
thats the exact same as a EL with a standard BA DOHC and BA Auto made(158rwkw)... any idea what trans it had? (auto or manual) sounds like you'll be pretty safe with CMS... let us know how you go

Cheers Cam

that AU is a auto & I have to say it did impress me to & it idled like a stocker, I have at least 5 emails from the F/F guys that are intrested with this head & cam combo so it look like I'l be busy when I get back.....also we'll see you in Feb Jeff

cheers

Joe

Posted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:49 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: AU1 VCT & AU2 XL

NSW, Australia

AUXR8 2 wrote:
fourL6 wrote:

Cheers Cam

that AU is a auto & I have to say it did impress me to & it idled like a stocker, I have at least 5 emails from the F/F guys that are intrested with this head & cam combo so it look like I'l be busy when I get back.....also we'll see you in Feb Jeff

cheers

Joe
Hi Joe. 158rwkw and idling like a stocker sounds terrific!

Questioning the huge torque figure of 470Nm though. Does that take into account the torque multiplication of the automatic transmission? Most i've ever seen is 410-420Nm from an N/A 4.0 i6.

Enjoy the break.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]