Fordmods Logo

twin cam engine in2 ef 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: twin cam engine in2 ef
Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:06 pm 
Oompa Loompa
Offline

Age: 34

Posts: 28

Joined: 26th Mar 2009

Ride: ef futura / 94 camry

Location: brisbane
QLD, Australia

can any1 tell me if the twin cam engine an auto out of a ba/bf has been installed in2 an ef b4? if so wat mods do i need 2 make 2 make it fit ive been sent some details on installin the auto shifter but i really wanna know about the engine an trans install

cheers

 

_________________

2 live is 2 b sideways an clouded in smoke an listenin 2 the roar of a screaminv8
after all only milk an juice comes in 2 litres

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: twin cam engine in2 ef
Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 26

Posts: 416

Joined: 19th Mar 2009

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EF11 Fairmont Ghia

Location: Mebourne
VIC, Australia

do a search. theres many...

 

_________________

It really is true you can sell anything....just look at holden, selling s**t with a badge on it.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: twin cam engine in2 ef
Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 2563

Joined: 19th Feb 2007

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: 98 EL Futura

Power: 199 rwkw

Location: Lilydale
VIC, Australia

Theres an EL fairmont ghia with the BA6 on here for sale and the car is awesome. I forgot his name but yeah have a look in the for sale thing.

 

_________________

EL Futura: CVE head, Wolf V500, ICE Ignition and Coil, 36lb injectors, Walbro 255lb, Paci comps, 3" exhaust, T5, Harrop Truetrac with 3.9s. Now with 198.9rwkw, (~185rwkw and 13.80 @99.1mph) with more power to come

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: twin cam engine in2 ef
Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 5889

Joined: 2nd Mar 2006

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: '14 Grand Cherokee

Location: Port Lincoln
SA, Australia

Fordman351's the one youre looking for.

 

_________________

11/93 ED OPT20 GLi | Full Boat Spec

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: twin cam engine in2 ef
Posted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:06 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 5582

Joined: 20th May 2005

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EB1 Fairmont Ghia T5 Wagon

Location: Seven Hills, Sydney
NSW, Australia

tufffordfan wrote:
can any1 tell me if the twin cam engine an auto out of a ba/bf has been installed in2 an ef b4? if so wat mods do i need 2 make 2 make it fit ive been sent some details on installin the auto shifter but i really wanna know about the engine an trans install

cheers


The answer is YES, it will bolt in.

Getting it to run correctly seems to be the problem.

And you will need deep pockets.

The couple that have done this conversion successfully, have spent near on 8 - 10 thousand dollars, if not more for a finished product, which is driveable and reliable.

I think you will find that if this conversion was as easy as the AU conversion, then many of the members here, myself included, would have already done it.

Good luck to you if you choose to go ahead with it.

Cheers
BenJ

 

_________________

BenJ's EB T5 DOHC Ghia Wagon - Current Ride
BenJ's EB GL Sedan - Previous Ride
My respect and thanks go to - snap0964, Paulmac, SWC and MRE-50L

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: twin cam engine in2 ef
Posted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:16 pm 
Oompa Loompa
Offline

Age: 34

Posts: 28

Joined: 26th Mar 2009

Ride: ef futura / 94 camry

Location: brisbane
QLD, Australia

do u know wat sorta problems would i b lookin at cause if i could probably get the same sorta power out of an 8 but im only goin 4 a 6 cause of pricin on rego an fuel an all the rest of it an 2 upstage me brother lol if its doable i think it would b worth it if its gunna work but if its not ill probably go 4 the 8 off wat u say

chers

 

_________________

2 live is 2 b sideways an clouded in smoke an listenin 2 the roar of a screaminv8
after all only milk an juice comes in 2 litres

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: twin cam engine in2 ef
Posted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 30

Posts: 3737

Joined: 22nd May 2006

Ride: BF F6 Tornado - #0077

Location: Bendigo
VIC, Australia

commercial-sponsors-forum-f53/51yda-the-build-of-the-ef-begins-t80582.html

pls note my last post there

 

_________________

** For Sale ** http://www.fordmods.com/ford-parts-for-sale-f17/assorted-e-series-parts-t124697.html

F6 Tornado 2006 Build

Is it about sex? The engine in my car? Or a cure for cancer?
No?

Then f**k off

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: twin cam engine in2 ef
Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 2515

Joined: 27th Mar 2006

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

tufffordfan wrote:
do u know wat sorta problems would i b lookin at cause if i could probably get the same sorta power out of an 8 but im only goin 4 a 6 cause of pricin on rego an fuel an all the rest of it an 2 upstage me brother lol if its doable i think it would b worth it if its gunna work but if its not ill probably go 4 the 8 off wat u say

chers


You wanna spend thousands fitting an engine to save money?

 

_________________

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: twin cam engine in2 ef
Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:05 pm 
Oompa Loompa
Offline

Age: 34

Posts: 28

Joined: 26th Mar 2009

Ride: ef futura / 94 camry

Location: brisbane
QLD, Australia

if its gunna b cost affective in the long run yes cause there is more potential wit the twin camthan the single cam.....well i beleive anyway

 

_________________

2 live is 2 b sideways an clouded in smoke an listenin 2 the roar of a screaminv8
after all only milk an juice comes in 2 litres

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: twin cam engine in2 ef
Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 30

Posts: 3737

Joined: 22nd May 2006

Ride: BF F6 Tornado - #0077

Location: Bendigo
VIC, Australia

why not tweak a twin cam in a ba? or bf? at least you know the engine fits.

besides, its all computer control now

 

_________________

** For Sale ** http://www.fordmods.com/ford-parts-for-sale-f17/assorted-e-series-parts-t124697.html

F6 Tornado 2006 Build

Is it about sex? The engine in my car? Or a cure for cancer?
No?

Then f**k off

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: twin cam engine in2 ef
Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 4182

Joined: 30th May 2005

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

Location: BrisVegas
QLD, Australia

BenJ wrote:
tufffordfan wrote:
can any1 tell me if the twin cam engine an auto out of a ba/bf has been installed in2 an ef b4? if so wat mods do i need 2 make 2 make it fit ive been sent some details on installin the auto shifter but i really wanna know about the engine an trans install

cheers


The answer is YES, it will bolt in.

Getting it to run correctly seems to be the problem.

And you will need deep pockets.

The couple that have done this conversion successfully, have spent near on 8 - 10 thousand dollars, if not more for a finished product, which is driveable and reliable.

I think you will find that if this conversion was as easy as the AU conversion, then many of the members here, myself included, would have already done it.

Good luck to you if you choose to go ahead with it.

Cheers
BenJ


Not quite 100% correct BenJ, there is one member who does not wish to be named, who has completed a BA conversion into an EB. He did it for under what everyone else has, all at home. If he wishes to be known, I'm sure he will pop his head up.

 

_________________

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

51TER - DL LTD. Stock.

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 11 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alexa [Bot] and 19 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:22 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names