Under Engine Hoses? WTF 

Page 3 of 3 [ 42 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:01 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: PX2 Ranger 4x4 XLT Dual CAB

VIC, Australia

ebjamie wrote:
Just found at the problem.....welsh plugs...all of them, oh and did I mention also the head gasket :)

Quote for fix the EB - $1500.

Cost of and ED - $2000

Next question:

Is crying over the phone when the mechanic gives you news like that make me any less of a man?

I was going to point out that your mechanic was not entirely correct in dismissing the head gasket. I thought I'd leave my comments until I had read the entire thread. As it turns out I would have been right.

The thing is head gaskets can leak in different ways, and not all will effect the performance of the motor. Many people have driven for months on failed head gaskets that only cause coolant loss!

By the way there are welsh plugs in the rear of the block! Tranny will need to come out to get to those. As if one or more is failing then they all should be changed.

She's meanness put to music and the b**ch is born to run!
Like the sign says, "speed's just a question of money. How fast can you go?"

Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:09 am 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BA XR6 Falcon

VIC, Australia

yeah he said that he would change them all, but by the time he takes all the plugs out, gets the head machined a little and everything else he said it would cost $1500......

Yeah he said the head gasket hasn't taken any power away from the engine at all but you might as well do a job properly.

I could have listen another 100 things that the car needs to fix to bring it back up to high standard...shocks, windscreen, joints things like that.

but as I said earlier you have to cut you loses and know when you are beat............*hint George Bush*

sorry to get political :) :) :)

Jesus Drove Fords

Proud Owner of a XR6 MkII

Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:31 am 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

hi

well i guess the whole decision is up to you..
if your eb is in good condition well you could put a low km au engine in for about $700 + 450-500 to get someone to fit it..and you wont get the old head gasket problem..

or you could update to a ef or el but unfortunatly sooner or later the head gasket will blow.. :(

i did it to my ea and i got a low km au engine .
i did the bbm conversion and fitted a el ecu all up it cost me about $1500
but i did the work my self! :D

Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:36 am 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Yeah but its time to get out of the big cars and into something a little lighter.

Now don't flame as me as I only need constructive criticism.

Im looking at getting a Yaris or Jazz or something along those small car lines.

I know there are a lot of cleaver people on here so I ask if anybody has dealt with them can they give me any heads up of area that are not that great and things that are good.

Im just doing some research on these little cars and real life exposure and experience would be appreciated.

Thanks

p.s..................still a huge ford fan

Jesus Drove Fords

Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:41 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 95 NF Fairlane

VIC, Australia

TROYMAN wrote:

or you could update to a ef or el but unfortunatly sooner or later the head gasket will blow.. :(

:D

he is right dude no matter what u get the head gasket will go soon .. ur better off just replacing the welsh plugs and that ur self ... and if its auto change to man if u want , thats if its auto still .. atleast when you change it u know that u have ages to go before it goes again .. i did welsh plugs and head gasket all in 1 hit and it cost me 400 including a second hand head place had it pressure tested and skimmed .. yes i am trying to get you away from the jass and yaris :D ... it doesnt matter waht car u have its just the price to repair that is different .. :( ... :D

93 EB 4 Speed auto , 2 1/2 sports from cat back , pod filter , LSD , super low suspenstion , mok tickford rims 15" , 7 colour changing led parker lights , led no plate lights and still want more .. allooootttttttttttt more ..

"Drive it , Like you stole it " ... so whats your excuse :D

Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:42 am 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Yeah but you have to stop throwing money into a car that you are not likely to keep for a long time.

The car has done roughly 220,000 km and things like the driveline would be worn and I know that with this car one thing just keeps on breaking.

Thats why I am after a small car now but I need to know about them from people who have dealt with them

Jesus Drove Fords

Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:47 am 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Yahoo......spoke to my financial adviser

I can get a XR6.....BA most likley but i can head down to the Auctions to pick a BF for my price range...$26k or so.

So can anyone tell what addition benifits I will be getting over a BA xt or BF xt?

Jesus Drove Fords

Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:59 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: E-Hybrid Falcon

NSW, Australia

i spent $360 on a davies craig thermo (new), $70 for controller ((new)not an issue with thermo equpied ecu's) and $350 on a 5ltr taxi radiator (new) and never had a problem other than actually trying to get it over half way.
in sydney traffic still never gets past 3/4 up the guage. unkown thermostat & radiator cap age.
what did you spend $700 dollars on ?

crow cam,cai,exaust,bbm,190 reg & el injectors,xr6 interior,guages,white cluster,pioneer/mtx stereo,big boot install w.i.p, 17"rims,koni/pedders shocks&springs with nolathane re-bush,ssv kit,stainless inserts,clear lights,t5 & short shifter,chardonay/pearl paint

Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:52 am 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

putting the radiator in, its a 3 core.

I got it from NATRAD so labour and stuff like that. I new thermostat and clamps and coolent.

I guess that 700??

Jesus Drove Fords

Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EB2

VIC, Australia

mine did the same thing would get hot the cool down it was dumping all the water i just took off the small hose on the thermostat and let it idle for a while so much air came out and now working perfectly .

Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:54 am 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

I have bought an BA XR6 mkII. Today.

I only paid $24,700 drive away with 60,000 on the clock. Im pretty pumped.

Now my new question is. How much does the CAPA flash tuners actually improve the car. I have searched al over and i cant find a thing on extra kw it will give.

If somebody has any info that would be great

BA XR6 BA XR6 BA XR6...........sorry cant stop saying it :)

Jesus Drove Fords

Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:59 am 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Ok my first weekend after getting my BA XR6 -

This car is truly great. The steering is so perfect that it gives you heaps and heaps of confidence. You can chuck it into a corner real hot to the point where you hold your breath and your palms get all sweaty. This things grips and bites and leaves you with a huge smile after the corner.

The old EB couldn't do that.

No regrets on selling my car at all.

Even when I drive past a window at a shop I still look at the reflection and cant believe im driving this car hahahaha.

I did a little race against my girlfriends brothers VX and the XR6 pulled about 4 car lengths in 100 from a rolling start.

Only gripe about the XR is the crappy handbrake, everything about the car is sporty and looks really well built, then the hand break is a flat metal bar with a bit of plastic wrapped around it. Looks a little ordinary.

Still one of the best cars I have ever driven and leaves the stock XT in ruins with its build, I think everyone should go and buy one hahahahaha :P :P

Jesus Drove Fords

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3