Fordmods Logo

Upgrades 

Page 3 of 3 [ 36 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:13 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: NL Fairlane

WA, Australia

will standard ecu run late model injectors??what the cam cost?i am looking at swapping my xr cam to something BIGGER and getting an adjustable vernier gear for it too

NL fairlane soon to be blown :)

Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

VIC, Australia

i think the cms stage 3 cam sounds just right, very niiiiice on idle will be looking forward to purchasing mine in the next few weeks

EL Fairmont - GT steering wheel -3.45 lsd - superlows - white line sway bars - xr kit - au11 xr8 engine - 3500 convertor -BA XR8 leather interior - ltd woodgrain - di filippo extractors - trick flow track heat manifold - tfs1 camshaft - twin 2.5 inch system venom cats hooker mufflers - 187rwk

Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:33 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

fezagero wrote:
will standard ecu run late model injectors??

yep....... will run AU i6 injectors, as they flow more & spray better, I've got cars out there with them in & running with the factory ECU

Joe

Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:57 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Modified EA-S Falcon

Power: 142 rwkw

NSW, Australia

fezagero wrote:
will standard ecu run late model injectors??what the cam cost?i am looking at swapping my xr cam to something BIGGER and getting an adjustable vernier gear for it too

thx guys, that is off course after she has warmed up. otherwise its even more cranky.

as joe said standard ecu will run the au injectors without a problem, also with joes stge 3 cam it needs an upgrade to springs and valves

Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: ford au wagon 4.0 na

Power: 170 rwkw

NSW, Australia

FordFairmont wrote:
can someone please explain to me why leaning out at 170kph is such a bad thing? lol

I mean, hes gonna get to a little over 150kph on the 1/4 mile so it should be right? Or am i missing something here

I suggested it to keep the car in a safer state and avoid detonation. The au injectors will be fine in the car but may need a tune..I am not sure.
170kmph isnt too bad but better injectors may see the power climb slightly. Good going Joe. Kenwood Maverick your car may hit 150 rwkws yet but who cares? The track tells the real story. As our friend says...horsepower wins dyno days and torque wins races!!

14.77 @92.71mph July 06 14.52@95.68mph July 07 14.241 96.7 MPH in a shoebox/taxi au ford wagon!!Bwahahah still cant believe it!!!

Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Kenwood Maverick wrote:
good to hear and it will make a difference champ, can change where the power curve starts and finishes.

i set my cam at the recommended lift and whilst im not sure what improvement it has, i can say that there was a measurable difference in the vernier change....... ended up having to retard the cam timing by 1 degree to dial it in which goes to show the cam gear mark cant be trusted.

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3