Fordmods Logo

Upgrading the Injectors on Your E-Series 

Page 2 of 3 [ 31 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:24 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EF XR6

VIC, Australia

I put AU injectors in my old EB a while back to see if my economy would improve. They were a straight fit. It didn't make any difference to my performance or economy. But if you need to replace your injectors then you might aswell go the newer ones. They have the same impedance and a similar flow rate!

Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Boxcar Love

QLD, Australia

I just got some from the wreckers out of a pretty low kay car, but i'm going to get them cleaned anyway just to be sure.

I'm pretty sure the problem my car has is the injectors, hopefully this will stop it.

Commodore australia's favorite car??? What a load of s**t

Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:13 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

I just put AU injectors in my car...felt much smoother and idles better. Not sure power wise, but it does feel like it has more oomph then before.

Fuel economy is worse though...due to my excess acceleration :lol:

I have better fuel economy on highway...dropped from 8-9L/100km to about 7-8L/100km

phong =P~

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:13 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: ef xr8 xcop

VIC, Australia

Sorry I know this is a 6 cyl thread but I'm just wondering does the same apply for XR8's? I was gonna put AU XR8 injectors in my EF XR8.

EF XR8 option 20 police interceptor :)

REPCO cars are our life too..........

Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:33 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF F6 Tornado - #0077

VIC, Australia

phongus wrote:
I just put AU injectors in my car...felt much smoother and idles better. Not sure power wise, but it does feel like it has more oomph then before.

Fuel economy is worse though...due to my excess acceleration :lol:

I have better fuel economy on highway...dropped from 8-9L/100km to about 7-8L/100km

phong =P~

wow, thats alright hey. cant wait for some open roads my self

** For Sale ** http://www.fordmods.com/ford-parts-for-sale-f17/assorted-e-series-parts-t124697.html

F6 Tornado 2006 Build

Is it about sex? The engine in my car? Or a cure for cancer?
No?

Then f**k off

Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:21 am 
Smokin em up

WA, Australia

AU injectors have a much better spray pattern (they atomise heaps better).

They will improve cold starts, idle, drivability and economy.

Now put 18- 20volts thru the coil+ via a step up transformer and you will see a similar improvement.

(caution with the volt mod. I use a VK Commode Electronic ignition coil which copes fine with the mod and has the coil characteristics I was looking for. I am not sure how the stock E series coil will cope. But the mod works well)

Also for a car running factory A/F ratios, you may not really notice alot. I am running very lean A/F ratios and it is here where you can really notice what makes a difference. I also run programmable EFI.

Turbo 6s rule

Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:52 am 
Getting Side Ways

Is this yet another "seat-of-the-pant" conclusion?

Its funny how people will play with the fuel system, and not even bother to stick it on a dyno to see what effect its had, but instead tell everyone how great it is instead, when it could be running rich as f**k !!

Im not saying its a bad mod, but tired of hearing everyone preach about them without any proper testing. Show me some backed up results, and im sold !! :)

Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:07 am 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: EL Falcon

Power: 146 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Right on FordFairmont.
The ef-el falcons run rich as they are that's why we inprove the intake. You have to understand that the richer a engine runs it looses HP/KW. You have to run the a engine as lean as possible with out leaning the engine to much to damage it.

FORD EL 4.0L. Crow cam, T.I Performance J3 Chip, Vernier cam gear, SPR ported head, 68mm TB, AU head gasket + ARP studs, AU injectors, Pacey 4480, High flow cat, Shift kit, Stallie, 3:73 TrueTrac.

Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:26 am 
Getting Side Ways

racer wrote:
You have to run the a engine as lean as possible with out leaning the engine to much to damage it.

i thought 12.7 was ideal for power when going n/a..... and the turbo fellas keep it a little richer?

Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF F6 Tornado - #0077

VIC, Australia

this mod has been varified by RPD in a thread not too long ago

** For Sale ** http://www.fordmods.com/ford-parts-for-sale-f17/assorted-e-series-parts-t124697.html

F6 Tornado 2006 Build

Is it about sex? The engine in my car? Or a cure for cancer?
No?

Then f**k off

Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:47 pm 
Oompa Loompa

SA, Australia

I wouldnt really say they are a worth while mod if you are chasing big power. I am making 165rwkw NA with AU injectors and i am starting to lean out up top with no more fuel available to put in. My tuner says that BA xr6 turbo injectors would be a good cheap upgrade and will support alot more.

Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:35 pm 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

WiggyMK2 wrote:
I wouldnt really say they are a worth while mod if you are chasing big power. I am making 165rwkw NA with AU injectors and i am starting to lean out up top with no more fuel available to put in. My tuner says that BA xr6 turbo injectors would be a good cheap upgrade and will support alot more.

how do u know it's leaning out? dyno?

Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:47 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

FordFairmont wrote:
Is this yet another "seat-of-the-pant" conclusion?

Its funny how people will play with the fuel system, and not even bother to stick it on a dyno to see what effect its had, but instead tell everyone how great it is instead, when it could be running rich as f**k !!

Im not saying its a bad mod, but tired of hearing everyone preach about them without any proper testing. Show me some backed up results, and im sold !! :)

Well I believe my car is running rich as f**k. Putting it on the dyno sometime between 17th October and 17th November (working afternoon shift so get time to get it dynoed). I will post up results comparing RWKW with the one from Dyno day, though they will be at different Dyno's. Can't give you A/F comparison because Dyno day print out didn't come with A/F.

I will also hold my distribution replacement (unless car dies on me) to make it a more close comparison between the injector mod. Had EL injectors in during Dyno day.

phong =P~

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: '07 LT XR5

Power: 133 rwkw

NSW, Australia

i put AU injectors in my el xr6, and honestly noticed F**k all difference.

people will say it has more power (placebo) and that it has given better economy, but i bet they just drove with a lighter foot

So much RAM the motherboard twisted off the POST.

I lost 3 cylinders... but gained a turbo...
Proud owner of an '07 XR5Turbo

Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:59 pm 
Oompa Loompa

SA, Australia

TK_vose wrote:
WiggyMK2 wrote:

how do u know it's leaning out? dyno?

yeah mate its got a custom dyno tuned capa chip. the aAFRs started going lean near the redline and my tuner couldnt give it more fuel.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next