Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Vacume leak EB I6
Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:40 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

Hey all,

My climate isn't working on anything other than the demister in my EB II I6. Been told it's probably a vacume leak.

I have 2 issues with this, 1st one is i can't seem to find the leak, and 2nd is i can't fit the vacume tank under the drivers side guard, it keeps getting broken by my wheel and tyre combo. 235/45 R17x8 XR6 copy mages. I'm also sitting on kings low springs, now sure how much lower, but a lot over std.

My climate was working before i had LPG installed to the car, without the vacume tank under the guard. Since the LPG install, it hasn't worked, and it's really starting to $hit me. The LPG did have a piggy back ECU installed under the dash near the steering column, is there a vacume hose near there that could have been damaged?

My I6 seems to idle pretty good, around 700 in gear and 900 in park, on either petrol or lpg. It also has good power for something running on lpg ( lpg injection :-) ) and leaks a fair bit of oil.

Any hints on where to find the vacume leak, or the most common vacume hose to leak. My cruise still works, but that has a seperate vacume pump iirc.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:31 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EA Fairmont Ghia

VIC, Australia

there is a black hose that runs through the car to that vaccuum tank you mentioned one side to the other and it is black, the vaccumm tank as long as it is attached to that line can pretty much go anywhere you want to shove it as well.

Full working BA Shifter now upgraded to BF Shifter.
BA headlight inserts in my EA headlights.

Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:50 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: PX2 Ranger 4x4 XLT Dual CAB

VIC, Australia

I don't see how the vacuum tank is getting damaged by your wheels :?: Unless its been moved from where it should be mounted. The vacuum tank is normally mounted up high in the rear end of the front right guard.

The vacuum leak doesn't have to be in the dash to cause the climate control to fail. Mine failed when I had a split on the vacuum line going to the heater tap.

Is there a vacuum line going to the LPG convertor? Check that.

Most of the Manifold Vacuum lines come through the firewall on the passenger side. There is one that runs across behind the dash, up fairly high usually behind the cluster. This one goes to the vacuum tank in the RH guard.

You are correct about the cruise control. EB cruise has a seperate vacuum pump and therefore will have no affect on this problem. You will find a cruise control vacuum line going down to the brake light switch.

She's meanness put to music and the b**ch is born to run!
Like the sign says, "speed's just a question of money. How fast can you go?"

Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

Well, i was baffled about the vacume tank getting damaged by my wheel and tyre combo, so i did a test, put the car up on stands, and jacked the RHF rim & tyre up, and it hit the tank when the suspension bottomed out. Maybe i've got super low springs in? I dunno. It is in the stock possy, up high under the guard.

Teh lpg doesn't have a vacume line to the converter, the converter is fully electronic, so is the pressure reg. I've got an LPG INJECTION setup, from Parnell LPG on my EB. It runs pretty sweat. With a heavy foot, atleast 415kms to 60ltrs, and i've got over 235k kms on the clcok now. :)

I'll start to check the vacume fittings under in the bay again. My inlet manifold had to be removed to fit the LPG, to drill more injector holes, and my climate no workie since then. :-(

I will have a go at seeing if i can mount a vacume tank of some sort under the dashboard, to keep it from getting damaged. I don't think i can mount the stock fond one up under the dash, it's too big. But maybe a tank from a 4cyl car of some sorts.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Ps: I do own an Torana as well, not forgetting my Hz Panel Van in resto atm, and a Suzuki Mighty Boy ute. My g/f drives the Mighty Boy ( road rego'd esky lol ) Only the Panel van is not rego'd.

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]