Fordmods Logo

viscus hub 

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

thanks guys. need to know cheap places for 38-40 mm hd radiators so i can email them for prices as supply only

Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:52 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AUXR6 HP With Ducati SupA Bike!

WA, Australia

no idea on the rad

who about u get the yellow pages and look???

RIP SCOTT

Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:03 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: 2021 Amarok V6

SA, Australia

relaxed_diplomacy wrote:
I would get a three core if i was buying a new radiator. I have done a thermo fan conversion and it's great. If you are stuck with too much heat in the short term one mechanic suggested to me to lock up the viscous hub by putting screws into it. It sounds like your thermostat isn't 100% at startup, and maybe after as well. A thermostat with a lower temp rating is a good idea, but no lower than 82deg, i think.

lol, we did that to the fan on my old VK, locked the hub with screws, sounded like a 747 taking off when i flattened it :lol:

2021 V6 Manual Amarok - 245kw/750nm - many goodies
1997 EL Fairmont Ghia 4.0 - Heritage Green & Cappa
2010 Suzuki GSX650F - when I want to be silly

Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:55 am 
Parts Gopher

WA, Australia

Any repco store can source you a 3 core radiator and the standard viscous hud will be fine, do not go with an aftermarket one as these often are incredibly inferior. Also get rid of the after market thermostat and go to ford and buy an original one. They work just fine but sometimes the after market ones can be dodgy. Chemi weld is the worst stuff in the while world to put in your engine it clogs up the head gasket problems and clogs up all the stuff you dont want clogged too. Is your water pump impellors working or are they coroded. If the water pump cant get water around efficiently maybe thats something to look at too. You can buy a piece of clear hose from bunnings and replace your top hose with it and see if the water is flowing fast (dont leave the clear hose on there for too long it cant stand the heat or pressure). Also check your radiator/overfloe cap. If thats not holding pressure that will also cause overheating.

Hope this helps if you want more info let me know, i have played with cooling systems alot as i used to live in the northwest WA and you had to have an efficient cooling system up there. There are more things you can try too but let me know if you want more after you try these things.

Oh and fix your head!! lol

Cheers Jamo

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2