Fordmods Logo

VN SS VS EL XR6 Whos quicker?? 

Page 5 of 10 [ 145 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next

Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:02 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

It's easy for me :D
I got Calder 20 minutes away (have never run there but..) and Heathcote about 40 away...

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Listen, just organize a Holden Vs Ford drag day. that'll answer all the s**t!.
legal street driven only.

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Falcon 95

VIC, Australia

how about we just say yes, the VN SS is quicker, wow. big deal. a blown big clock camaro is quicker again. But whats to say the quicker car is a better car?

I dont know how many of you have been in a VN SS, but they are not comfortable, then dont have any creature comforts at all, and they drive rough as guts. The interior trim is dogs guts aswell.

On the other hand, get in our falcons (EF/EL) nice light airy interior, power windows etc etc, nice trim, smoother drive, no where near as prone to getting canarys as VN SS's are cop bait.

an EL XR6 may not be as quick, but a much much nicer looking, and driving car, with a much nicer interior.

edit: and i dont think a VN SS 5.0L is gonna last out 1 million + km's like EF,EL taxi 6 cylinders do.

Cougar Zero makes my pants fit nice.

Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: 1994 ED Ricer

WA, Australia

mrnasty wrote:
I dont know how many of you have been in a VN SS, but they are not comfortable, then dont have any creature comforts at all, and they drive rough as guts. The interior trim is dogs guts aswell.

damn straight.
mates vnss 304 is so harsh in the high revs.the seats are hard as f**k and the dash is so plain!!

Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EL XR6

WA, Australia

Funny you should bring this up. My mate (if you can call him that) just bought a VP SS and has managed a best time of 15.3 with extractors and exhaust. I did a 15.4 completely stock in my manual el xr6 and my mate did a 15.3 in his manual el xr6 with an exhaust. Go figure :D

5spd Heritage Green EL XR6. Wheels by ROH. Stereo by Clarion. Exhaust by Pacemaker & Lukey. Suspension by Whiteline, Durashock and K-Mac.

Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XT, BA XR6T, ED Ghia 5.0

WA, Australia

eed-250 wrote:
vn is lighter and more powerful plus commodores always have the better driver ;)

What, yobs in baseball caps on the wrong way round with the seat set like a reclining bed?

What's the difference between a Holden and a sheep? It's less embarrasing getting out of the back of a sheep..

Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

yep
thats there technique and it works
when i lose to stock VN V6's i just put it down to the commmmmmmmmmmodore driver!!

Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: EB

VIC, Australia

is your car stock

Lukey Extractors 2.5" Exhaust 3.23:1 Diff 17" BA XR8 Alloys

Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:08 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA MKII XR8

VIC, Australia

4.9 EF Futura wrote:
downingj wrote:
ATTENTION VOXACE: If a thread does not interest you, or you are sick of the topic posted. DON'T READ IT or DON'T POST IN IT. Too easy, I would have thought.......

Voxace wouldnt be the only person who gets sick and tired of the same old questions coming up year after year. Where a theoretical question is asked, people describe their personal experiences, people argue about why the result was what it was etc etc

Feel free to continue the discussion (hell, i'll continue to throw my 2c in), but dont be suprised if other people on the site get frustrated with the repetitous banter.

In summary:

a) the question will never be answered
b) the thread will go on forever
c) who gives a s**t?

Yeah sure, I can understand that. I guess my point was, if you aren't interested in a topic, then why would you go to all the bother of reading it all and then posting in it, only to bag it and it's posters?

I've read plenty of threads that don't interest me, doesn't mean I'm going to post "this thread is s**t, it's been done before and you guys are all stupid for talking about it...".

Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:28 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Kingkezza wrote:
Funny you should bring this up. My mate (if you can call him that) just bought a VP SS and has managed a best time of 15.3 with extractors and exhaust. I did a 15.4 completely stock in my manual el xr6 and my mate did a 15.3 in his manual el xr6 with an exhaust. Go figure :D

Thanks for that mate :) Nice! Good to see some times posted and mods listed :)

Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:46 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

4.9 EF Futura wrote:
voxace wrote:
To make them more enjoyable to drive.

^ what he said.

I didnt supercharge my car so i could drive around blowing away 15 year old commodores at traffic lights. I havent even taken mine to the drags.

What i do know is that is has a meaty power curve and when i put my foot down on a nice, windy road - i get a nice kick in the backside.

I know people who will give you a kick in the backside for free. (if thats your thing) I wouldnt be spending $6-8k on a supercharger to cop a kick up my own a**. Id wanna kick someone elses a** (straight line drag).

EL Fairmont Ghia, extractors, 2.5 inch system, high flow cat, K&N panel filter, AUXR Snorkel, 3.45diff 0-100km/h 6.9secs

SS COMMODORE LS1 282rwkw, awesome power

Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

I think i speak for everyone on this forum when i say, "4.9 EF sez no abusive language please".

*edited by 4.9 EF

Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:15 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

eed-250 wrote:
I think i speak for everyone on this forum when i say, "dont quote abusive posts!".

Ha ha ha ha ha....
EB V8, if you want to 'kick the a**' of other drivers, and want to find out how fast your car actually is, not just timed with a stopwatch, go to the drags already!

*editied by 4.9 EF

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 37 images

Ride: V8 EF Futura

SA, Australia

EB V8 wrote:

I know people who will give you a kick in the backside for free. (if thats your thing) I wouldnt be spending $6-8k on a supercharger to cop a kick up my own a**. Id wanna kick someone elses a** (straight line drag).

I guess that's the difference between you and I. I supercharged the car because i wanted a s**t of power/torque. I sure as hell didnt do it to impress the VN patrol.

Are you sure you werent a commodore driver in a former life?

I promise..... I will never die.

Fordmods Administration Group MINOR PUNKED

Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

4.9 EF Futura wrote:
EB V8 wrote:

I guess that's the difference between you and I. I supercharged the car because i wanted a s**t of power/torque. I sure as hell didnt do it to impress the VN patrol.

Are you sure you werent a commodore driver in a former life?

Yeeeowtch!!! :lol:

Harsh, but funny call :lol:

Sort by  
 Page 5 of 10  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next