Fordmods Logo

VN SS VS EL XR6 Whos quicker?? 

Page 6 of 10 [ 145 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: 1994 ED Ricer

WA, Australia

Steady ED wrote:
eed-250 wrote:
I think i speak for everyone on this forum when i say, "dont quote abusive posts!".

Ha ha ha ha ha....
EB V8, if you want to 'kick the a**' of other drivers, and want to find out how fast your car actually is, not just timed with a stopwatch, go to the drags already!

*editied by 4.9 EF

lol yeah. stop watch time spec.

Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:20 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: '95 EF's

WA, Australia

4.9 EF Futura wrote:
Are you sure you werent a commodore driver in a former life?

in another thread he quoted that his VN was the best car he's ever owned! so yes, he is a commonwhore driver lol

R.I.P. Scotty

Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 37 images

Ride: V8 EF Futura

SA, Australia

uglybob wrote:
4.9 EF Futura wrote:
Are you sure you werent a commodore driver in a former life?

in another thread he quoted that his VN was the best car he's ever owned! so yes, he is a commonwhore driver lol

Probably explains why his primary concern is showing off to his mates then??

I promise..... I will never die.

Fordmods Administration Group MINOR PUNKED

Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:42 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

Hey, calling me a commodore lover has got to be the lowest form of insult known to man.

Dont worry about the good ol EB V8. Ive dragged more than a few in my time....

Left a few LS1's flapping in the wind. Dont worry I could hear the LS1 manual (with exhaust) bouncing on the rev limiter so I know it was using every kw it could.

The good ol eb is an old car now, I modified it many yrs ago but ill tell you it feels real fresh. I reckon its probably the best condition EB in Australia (only 62,000km). Feels like everything is brand new and tight. If I parked it in a new car yard they would sell it as new. I reckon it would punish most cars on this forum.

EL Fairmont Ghia, extractors, 2.5 inch system, high flow cat, K&N panel filter, AUXR Snorkel, 3.45diff 0-100km/h 6.9secs

SS COMMODORE LS1 282rwkw, awesome power

Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

That is extremely low kms. And yes... the ol' windsor should outlast most cars that they are bolted in to :)

Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:49 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

No insult is intended to Mr Futura 4.9. He is probably most knowledgable person about ford here.

Just trying to make point that people modify for their own pleasure BUT if there is no benchmark how do you know what real performance is?

In 1960 someone probably bought a V8 that doesn 19s down the quarter and thought to themselves "can life get better than this". He would have thought his s**t didnt stink. But due to the benchmarks we now acknowledge an acceptable level of power/torque in a motor car. Maybe in 2015 they will laugh at us with "only" 150rwkw.

Do we see my point. No insult to MR Futura 4.9. Supercharger. I fully respect his words.

EL Fairmont Ghia, extractors, 2.5 inch system, high flow cat, K&N panel filter, AUXR Snorkel, 3.45diff 0-100km/h 6.9secs

SS COMMODORE LS1 282rwkw, awesome power

Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

EB V8 wrote:
No insult is intended to Mr Futura 4.9. He is probably most knowledgable person about ford here.

That's a damn lie and you know it :)

Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Falcon 95

VIC, Australia

Quote:
Hey, calling me a commodore lover has got to be the lowest form of insult known to man.

Dont worry about the good ol EB V8. Ive dragged more than a few in my time....

Left a few LS1's flapping in the wind. Dont worry I could hear the LS1 manual (with exhaust) bouncing on the rev limiter so I know it was using every kw it could.

The good ol eb is an old car now, I modified it many yrs ago but ill tell you it feels real fresh. I reckon its probably the best condition EB in Australia (only 62,000km). Feels like everything is brand new and tight. If I parked it in a new car yard they would sell it as new. I reckon it would punish most cars on this forum.

you got any pics of your car mate? sounds like a ripper. Also if your punishing LS1's thats awsome, they dont have huge KW's but they move. my mates genIII manual SS pulled 13.9 stock, so if you can kick it to LS1's you have a seriously quick 5.0L! pics, pics!

Cougar Zero makes my pants fit nice.

Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ED V8

WA, Australia

soulfire wrote:
..........Whoever said an xr6 would beat a vn ss on a track is dreaming. they're lighter body with some good suspension mods, and a decent exhaust, will produce more power anywhere in the rev range and will handle better in the end. as much as it pains me to say it's a better performance car.

Ummmmmm - nope!

The stock EL will beat the stock VN around almost any track, especially over a few laps. The VN's almost don't handle (some very weird suspensionn geometry and whoever thought of narrowing the front wheel track ........ wtf were they thinking?) Just because a car rides like it has conrete shock absorbers does not mean that it handles well.

VN's also have some of the most awful brakes ever put on a road car in Australia, period. Throw in the extra terminal speeds generated by the v8 and you have some serious stopping problems!

Remember....we are talking about bog stock vehicles here.

ED XR8 Spri-mitatio-nt

Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: MY06 REX

WA, Australia

Heres a quote off a perth forum, where a VN SS driver just ran down the drags on wednesday night
Quote:
HAHA !!!! 13.976 @ 96.56mph with a dead stock 5 oh !!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Plus Twas runnin like s**t ( feul pump shat its self )

He does have a high stall and 3.9 gears though... but other than that bog stock.

I dont think there are any n/a 4.0L in the 13's is there? Even highly modded ones.

The Evil Strawberry

Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

KTASTRPHE wrote:
Heres a quote off a perth forum, where a VN SS driver just ran down the drags on wednesday night
Quote:
HAHA !!!! 13.976 @ 96.56mph with a dead stock 5 oh !!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Plus Twas runnin like s**t ( feul pump shat its self )

He does have a high stall and 3.9 gears though... but other than that bog stock.

I dont think there are any n/a 4.0L in the 13's is there? Even highly modded ones.

There are a couple of 13s NA 4.0s out there (2 i know of, both highly modified)

BTW: Those times for the 'stock' VN SS are BS - needs at least 40kw more than stock to get that MPH. MPH doesnt lie!

Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas

Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA MKII XR8

VIC, Australia

KTASTRPHE wrote:
Quote:

Sorry, I'm finding it VERY hard to believe this motor is "stock". Sorry...

Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: MY06 REX

WA, Australia

When I used to live on the commie forums it was a pretty common thing for 304's to be getting into 13's without the motors being opened up.

He reckons it his stock motor, and he is in the process of getting a beast of a motor built to go in to replace it.

The Evil Strawberry

Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA MKII XR8

VIC, Australia

I've never heard or seen of a "stock" 5.0 litre ducking under 15 second quarters, let alone getting into the 13's.

VN SS Group A (215kw against an SS's 165kw, that's a 50kw difference) was a mid 14 second car........

Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Falcon 95

VIC, Australia

my mates VN runs almost 13 flat, 13.3 to be exact.

mind you its heavily modified. alot of time spent porting the heads, monster cam, big injecors, ACL race internals, manual, exhaust, extractors, big fuel pump... i've drivin it, goes slightly hard! ;)

Cougar Zero makes my pants fit nice.

Sort by  
 Page 6 of 10  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next