Fordmods Logo

VN SS VS EL XR6 Whos quicker?? 

 

Page 7 of 10 [ 145 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

 
Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 1013

Joined: 12th Nov 2004

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: MY06 REX

Location: Perthoslavakia
WA, Australia

Yeah well my ute had bulk money spent on it by the previous owners and myself and the best I got out of it was 13.5... so I was a bit sceptical at first, but I have heard it quite a few times (about stock 304's)

 

_________________

The Evil Strawberry

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 3025

Joined: 28th Oct 2005

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA MKII XR8

Location: Caroline Springs
VIC, Australia

KTASTRPHE wrote:
Yeah well my ute had bulk money spent on it by the previous owners and myself and the best I got out of it was 13.5... so I was a bit sceptical at first, but I have heard it quite a few times (about stock 304's)


Just noticed that you have an XR6T in your gallery. NICE!!! I'm assuming it's yours?......

Good stuff mate :)
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 1687

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: 1994 ED Ricer

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

Kurt thats s**t.
Obviously the previous owner had mods done to it or something. I dont see how people can run a 15.3 in an VN SS with exhaust and shift kit
and other people can run over a second quicker with the same mods but a diff ratio change.... I would beleive a 14.5 would be about right for a VN SS with histall, 3.9's and exhaust....


You can s**t on a forum its quite easy if ur good at it :)
Some people talk there cars down to make htem quicker for what they are.. Nah man it dont have a cam, yet it idles alot lumpier then standard.. etc.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:06 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 6449

Joined: 11th Nov 2004

KTASTRPHE wrote:
Heres a quote off a perth forum, where a VN SS driver just ran down the drags on wednesday night
Quote:
HAHA !!!! 13.976 @ 96.56mph with a dead stock 5 oh !!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Plus Twas runnin like s**t ( feul pump shat its self )


He does have a high stall and 3.9 gears though... but other than that bog stock.

I dont think there are any n/a 4.0L in the 13's is there? Even highly modded ones.



MPH is too high for it to a stock 165kw VNSS it just is not going to happen.
that sort of power will get you in the high 80s

oh and high stall and 3.9 gears when did holden option that from the factory??? not stock is it.

 

_________________

PERMANENTLY BANNED

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:43 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 1013

Joined: 12th Nov 2004

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: MY06 REX

Location: Perthoslavakia
WA, Australia

downingj wrote:
KTASTRPHE wrote:
Yeah well my ute had bulk money spent on it by the previous owners and myself and the best I got out of it was 13.5... so I was a bit sceptical at first, but I have heard it quite a few times (about stock 304's)


Just noticed that you have an XR6T in your gallery. NICE!!! I'm assuming it's yours?......

Good stuff mate :)


Yep... had it for a few weeks now.

Like I said... if that VN has stock internals and no NOS I would be pretty p****d, as I spent shytloads getting my car into the 13's (and probably 12's, but never got to race it down the strip after the work).

 

_________________

The Evil Strawberry

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 1687

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: 1994 ED Ricer

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

KTASTRPHE wrote:
Heres a quote off a perth forum, where a VN SS driver just ran down the drags on wednesday night
Quote:
HAHA !!!! 13.976 @ 96.56mph with a dead stock 5 oh !!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Plus Twas runnin like s**t ( feul pump shat its self )


He does have a high stall and 3.9 gears though... but other than that bog stock.

I dont think there are any n/a 4.0L in the 13's is there? Even highly modded ones.


lol
thats whiplash right? he is one of the biggest s**t talkers i know.
i have been in his car ages ago and it ran a 14.8.. and it felt quick but there is no f**k way he did a 13.9 with just a hi-stall.... lol
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 1013

Joined: 12th Nov 2004

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: MY06 REX

Location: Perthoslavakia
WA, Australia

yep... thats him!

I dont think I have seen a picture of his car without smoke coming from his back tyres either - seems like a hero to me.

 

_________________

The Evil Strawberry

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 1687

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: 1994 ED Ricer

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

nice enough guy tho, but just talks s**t.
if he DID run a 13.9 he must of done more then a histall...
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 37

Posts: 1056

Joined: 14th Feb 2005

Gallery: 26 images

Ride: '97 EL XR6

Location: Cairns
QLD, Australia

These are a mates best 2 times down the strip. His car is a VR Clubsport and has just exhaust and filter mods. So I wouldn't beleive a VN SS doing 13's
Image
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 1687

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: 1994 ED Ricer

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

^^ those are really bad 60foot times..
has alot of potential!! 14.6 14.7 with a good launch. Bit of a freak for a VR clubby with just those mods.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:03 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 3025

Joined: 28th Oct 2005

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA MKII XR8

Location: Caroline Springs
VIC, Australia

80crm wrote:
These are a mates best 2 times down the strip. His car is a VR Clubsport and has just exhaust and filter mods. So I wouldn't beleive a VN SS doing 13's
Image


What did he loose to? An XR6? :lol:
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed May 24, 2006 11:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 1001

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 19 images

Ride: EL Fairmont Ghia

Power: 132 rwkw

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

80crm my mate dayle has a vs manual and it does high 15's its a manual v6 with vr engine. thats with exhaust and k&n filter. Townsville dragway too.

ok then, what about VX fronted (whats that model vu isnt it) ute - ss automatic.. 10 grand spent on bits and no s/carger with slicks on the back does 10 second 1/4's kind of eye opening for a ute to be doing that. that was at the ipswich willowbank i think raceway

 

_________________

175.7hp 15.5 @ 374,000km
Team I have two E-Series AND all my teeth.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed May 24, 2006 11:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 1001

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 19 images

Ride: EL Fairmont Ghia

Power: 132 rwkw

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

15.8 was my best 1/4 mile in the commodore he said.
mods: just filter and exhaust.


I just noticed the date on the time slips, and in townsville at that time of the year its FEKCN hot and humid. which certainly wouldnt have helped the times

 

_________________

175.7hp 15.5 @ 374,000km
Team I have two E-Series AND all my teeth.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu May 25, 2006 12:57 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 4323

Joined: 17th Jan 2006

Ride: Soarer 2.5GT-T

Location: Cranbourne
VIC, Australia

samftr wrote:
80crm my mate dayle has a vs manual and it does high 15's its a manual v6 with vr engine. thats with exhaust and k&n filter. Townsville dragway too.

ok then, what about VX fronted (whats that model vu isnt it) ute - ss automatic.. 10 grand spent on bits and no s/carger with slicks on the back does 10 second 1/4's kind of eye opening for a ute to be doing that. that was at the ipswich willowbank i think raceway


VU SS has an LS1, so with a blower it'd do 10s no worries.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu May 25, 2006 9:56 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 3025

Joined: 28th Oct 2005

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA MKII XR8

Location: Caroline Springs
VIC, Australia

soulfire wrote:
samftr wrote:
80crm my mate dayle has a vs manual and it does high 15's its a manual v6 with vr engine. thats with exhaust and k&n filter. Townsville dragway too.

ok then, what about VX fronted (whats that model vu isnt it) ute - ss automatic.. 10 grand spent on bits and no s/carger with slicks on the back does 10 second 1/4's kind of eye opening for a ute to be doing that. that was at the ipswich willowbank i think raceway


VU SS has an LS1, so with a blower it'd do 10s no worries.


Just noticed too 80crm, what's up with your mate who has a "VS" with a dirty old "VR" motor in it??? That would be like me putting a 4.1 litre XF motor in my XR6...
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 7 of 10  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:32 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names