VS - HSV GTS vs. EF XR6? Vote 

Page 5 of 5 [ 75 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 6:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: NC II Fairlane

NSW, Australia

i think the record is know 10.2sec @ about 130mph

9's are pretty close know :?

"Looking at cleavage is like looking at the sun. You don't stare at it. It's too risky. You get a sense of it and then you look away."

Now with el thermos fitted.

Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 7:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: ford au wagon 4.0 na

Power: 170 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Hyena wrote:
On the topic of 0-100 runs, this one suprised the hell out of me last night:

2 runs with a mates manual XR6 Turbo ute with APS phase II kit dyno'd at around 280rwkw.
We both babied it off the line - me because I didn't want wheelspin and him because of his nasty clutch (brass button maybe ? I can't remember)

The verdict ? 1st and 2nd I could hear his turbo whistling away in my ear at the door :) but he didn't pull infront until 3rd gear! He rapidly pulled a few car lengths ahead when I hit 3rd but after a few seconds he stopped pulling away. Shortly after we had to back off because of traffic but yeah, I was very suprised!! Both runs were the same with him not pulling ahead until over 100ks. I thought he would have demolished me with over 100rwkw more than I have. Surely the extra weight of the BA's can't swallow up that much power... :?

Mate I have said before it is the way power is delivered that makes the difference on the street.You obviously have good power coming on quickly. People tend to post the best times out of a car...but not average times. I think that you have got to be plenty happy with your setup...

14.77 @92.71mph July 06 14.52@95.68mph July 07 14.241 96.7 MPH in a shoebox/taxi au ford wagon!!Bwahahah still cant believe it!!!

Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:29 am 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

no chance how do u justify cam exaust and cold air intake capable of running 14-14.5 on the quarter especially when its an auto?????????

EF Futura 5-Speed 174rwks!!!

Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:19 am 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: EL II XR8

Power: 146 rwkw

SA, Australia

my money is on the Holden. And the EL GT would be a good match on the Holden I think. With say an exhaust and maybe a chip, or something, in auto form fords arn't that great.. Not even my EL 2 XR8 goes that hard.. i think an XR6 would keep me going :cry:

EL II XR8 - project powerdyne.
www.modfordclub.proboards101.com
www.mumbo.com.au

Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:50 am 
Smokin em up

Ride: Ed falcon

NSW, Australia

Done a few things useless :) getting dyno'd again next week should have a bit over 160 at the wheels now :)

Neil

HSV I JUST BEAT ONE !

AFF 05 NSW DYNO DAY STATE CHAMP

Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

the vt gts would get its a** whooped on a mountain pass. 215 kW with a s**t set of ratios is no match for a better gearbox with sensible ratios on the EL GT.

Beside, Holden V8's never sound as good as Ford's.

F*ck your couch nigger, I know when your rich motherf*cker.

Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

Hate to say it but you'd get cut down pretty bad. Yes the VS GTS is a 6 speed but its not the same moon shot wide ratio box as the current 6 speed. I've been for a ride in a VL that had VS GTS running gear and the amount of guts that thing had blew me away. Sure the VL was about 150 kgs lighter than a VS but this thing can break into the low 14's-high 13's on any given day.

And ex holden. I'm a fordman through and through but the best sounding modern V8 will always be the VN to VT1 commadore V8. The windsors are way too quiet. The new ford V8s just burble. They don't thump like a real mans V8 (unless you get a decent exhaust fitted then maybe, they might just qualify for a real mans V8 sound).

Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: MY06 REX

WA, Australia

exholden wrote:
Beside, Holden V8's never sound as good as Ford's.

Im with xcabbi - the firing order of the holden 5L makes it sound so much better than the ford v8.

The Evil Strawberry

Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF Typhoon

VIC, Australia

Agreed there, holden 5L v8's sound good to me, better than stock xr8's sporting windsor. The gt/fbt had better sounding zorst however they should have made it the stock exhaust imho, just brilliant.
New holdens seem to sound hot too whereas the new fords dont have the same sound, nice still but alot more muffled sound, as said more burble than anything else.

BF Typhoon, Dejavu - 6sp Auto, Leather, Sunroof, 19"s, Electric Pedals, Tint, FPV Sports Wheel, FPV Mats.

Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

quote xcab
"The new ford V8s just burble. They don't thump like a real mans V8 (unless you get a decent exhaust fitted then maybe, they might just qualify for a real mans V8 sound)."

xcab,this is a stock gt with stock exhaust and a gt with modified exhaust.

http://www.johnboweperformance.com.au/sr-exhaust.asp

if you are saying the BA's dont sound like a "real mans v8" then i think you belong on the dark side

"Looking at cleavage is like looking at the sun. You don't stare at it. It's too risky. You get a sense of it and then you look away."

Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

Not bad. But why does the turbo in the clip whistle more with a louder exhaust than a stock one? Did they remove the airfilter to get it to whistle?

As for the V8 yeah its not bad but the stocker sounds attrocious.

As a stocker nothing from the last 15 years punches you in the guts like an injected holden V8.
I'm not switching camps. I'm just trying to be non prejudiced in my view.

People that think that stock sounding barras are the best thing since sliced bread are like the wanker that thinks a BA looks like a Vr commo.

Post subject: F vs. H
Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:40 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EB Fairmont ll

VIC, Australia

im hoping the XR6, but id say close! very close!

f**k holdens

Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:14 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

The good old 308 doesn't sound too shabby at all... the holley double pumper equipped 308 in my boat, with twin 2 1/2 exhaust featuring f**k retriction, is in my mind the way a "real" V8 should sound. Offbeat idle, with a tiny bit of cam lump, and flat out roar when the foot goes down.

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

xcabbi wrote:
Not bad. But why does the turbo in the clip whistle more with a louder exhaust than a stock one? Did they remove the airfilter to get it to whistle?

in the stock xrt he just drives by,but with the xrt with exhaust he actually floors it

Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

oops my bad. I thought we were comparing the VT GTS, not the VS. In the case of the VS, yeah, the VS would be the pick coz it's way lighter than a VT.

Oh yeah, the holden VN V8 sounds mighty good, but I dunno, the EL GT has this throatyness that presses the right buttons for me and makes the hair on my arm stand up.

As for the BA V8, I love the sound. It's unbelievable they can get that sound with 2005 emmision laws and the like

Sort by  
 Page 5 of 5  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5