Fordmods Logo

VS SS commondore slow 

 

Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

 
 Post subject: VS SS commondore slow
Posted: Fri May 18, 2007 10:36 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline

Age: 30

Posts: 84

Joined: 21st Jan 2007

Ride: BA MK11 XR8

Location: Sunshine Coast, Kawana
QLD, Australia

Anyone know what sort of power a VS SS commonwhor has? had a bit of a run in with one the other night it was a manual not sure of the mods it had but it was loud as f@#k but didnt seem to go anywhere also had a bit of a run with a VR 5 lt ute it was auto, loud as but slow, had nothing on me haha, were these cars just duds or are they all loud and slow lol

 

_________________

BA MK11 XR8.....6 Speed
Stock, for now....

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri May 18, 2007 10:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 40

Posts: 1667

Joined: 23rd Dec 2004

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Boosted ED XR6, EBII Mont Wgn

Power: 252 rwkw

Location: Mildura
VIC, Australia

yeah thats what all the commodes around here are like..

 

_________________

Image
[SEXYR-6] ED XR6 T5 Turbo Build
[EBW-347] EB Wagon V8 Stroker Build
FordMods Member #1761

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri May 18, 2007 10:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 539

Joined: 30th Nov 2004

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

VR 5 litre's stock were around the 165kw mark
VS around the same
pretty sure near the end of the VS line up u could get a 215kw version.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri May 18, 2007 10:49 pm 
NSW Cruise Moderator
Offline
User avatar

Age: 39

Posts: 7331

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: TE50

Location: ɹǝpun uʍop
NSW, Australia

only in the HSV senator range, there was a stroker, 215i, 6 speed manual

 

_________________

Image

I have a car.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat May 19, 2007 12:08 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 36

Posts: 673

Joined: 29th Jan 2006

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: BA XR6 Turbo

Location: Canberra
ACT, Australia

Back in QLD when I used to cruise with a mate in his worked XF 250 xFlo he had a mate with a red VS SS auto. It sounded really nice, had extractors into 3" and a chip of some sort. It ran a 14.9 @ ??

The XF was worked 250, camtech cam, 600 then 465 Holley, pacemakers 2.5", T5 + VP SS LSD centre. It best managed a 15.24 @ 92? odd mph... BUT on the street the XF always won just!

I think there are some good examples, most would be thrashed and not maintened by knuckleheads..

Also some VS's were 185kw, such as Clubby's. Possibly some HSV enhanced (dealer option?) SS's? making the same power

 

_________________

I like boost
http://www.venomexhaustworks.com.au

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat May 19, 2007 12:43 am 
Stock as a Rock
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 172

Joined: 12th Apr 2006

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: BA Falcon

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

yeah both the old ford and holden v8's were 165kw.

an AU XR6 makes more than that easy.

 

_________________

2002 BA XT: Painted calipers, K&N pod filter, Pioneer head unit, Fusion sub and amp, driving lights, spoiler, 19" rims, twin 2.25" exhaust with quad tips.

Soon to come... Pacemaker Extractors, supercharger.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat May 19, 2007 1:09 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 1538

Joined: 4th May 2006

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: ef fairmont turbo

Power: 213 rwkw

Location: melbourne
VIC, Australia

vr ss 185 kw
vs ss 165kw(dont ask me why)
vs ss series 2 185kw
ive kept up to vs ss's with my au(stock) and beaten many statsman 5l's. many people find it hard to belive even now

 

_________________

96 EF FAIRMONT
Garrett gt40turbo, iceman plenum, ported head, turbo cam, double valvesprings, 023 fuel pump, 36lb injectors 4' cat, 4' dump, 2.5 exhaust, build bottom end, hypertonic pistons rods & rods, king bearings, j3. c10 3500 stall
232rwkw@4psi

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat May 19, 2007 1:17 am 
Smokin em up
Offline

Age: 27

Posts: 288

Joined: 30th Aug 2006

Ride: BA XR6 MKII

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

*EDIT*

VR SS Sedan 4dr Auto 4sp 5.0i = 165KW
VS SS Sedan 4dr Auto 4sp 5.0i = 168KW
VS II SS Sedan 4dr Auto 4sp 5.0i = 168KW
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat May 19, 2007 9:10 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 2983

Joined: 15th Apr 2006

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: Falcon

Location: Aberfoyle Park
SA, Australia

locknut wrote:
Back in QLD when I used to cruise with a mate in his worked XF 250 xFlo he had a mate with a red VS SS auto. It sounded really nice, had extractors into 3" and a chip of some sort. It ran a 14.9 @ ??

The XF was worked 250, camtech cam, 600 then 465 Holley, pacemakers 2.5", T5 + VP SS LSD centre. It best managed a 15.24 @ 92? odd mph... BUT on the street the XF always won just!

I think there are some good examples, most would be thrashed and not maintened by knuckleheads..

Also some VS's were 185kw, such as Clubby's. Possibly some HSV enhanced (dealer option?) SS's? making the same power


then again your comparing a 87 model ford tank against a 96 model tin can. Not reallya comparison. Its like my mate comparing his 5l V8 commy to my mates 84 astra

 

_________________

HOLDENS go like rockets. They fall apart in stages!!!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat May 19, 2007 2:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 36

Posts: 673

Joined: 29th Jan 2006

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: BA XR6 Turbo

Location: Canberra
ACT, Australia

stomper wrote:
locknut wrote:
Back in QLD when I used to cruise with a mate in his worked XF 250 xFlo he had a mate with a red VS SS auto. It sounded really nice, had extractors into 3" and a chip of some sort. It ran a 14.9 @ ??

The XF was worked 250, camtech cam, 600 then 465 Holley, pacemakers 2.5", T5 + VP SS LSD centre. It best managed a 15.24 @ 92? odd mph... BUT on the street the XF always won just!

I think there are some good examples, most would be thrashed and not maintened by knuckleheads..

Also some VS's were 185kw, such as Clubby's. Possibly some HSV enhanced (dealer option?) SS's? making the same power


then again your comparing a 87 model ford tank against a 96 model tin can. Not reallya comparison. Its like my mate comparing his 5l V8 commy to my mates 84 astra


I don't kno where you got that from. Nah not really, they weren't too different in power. My point being 1 was quicker on the street, and the other quicker on the strip.

Your comparison is very drastic, and the 5ltr wins in either scenario.

 

_________________

I like boost
http://www.venomexhaustworks.com.au

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun May 20, 2007 10:20 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 40

Posts: 1780

Joined: 31st Jan 2005

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 07 BF mk2 E-gas wagon + eb 5.0

Power: 174 rwkw

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

holden never released a 185kw motor. they were all hsv. as mentioned the vr/vs's were 165/168 and even the non gen3 vt's were only 179kw and just as easy pickings for a well tuned manual xr6 or modded ford 6.

the holden 5L do respond better to mods though as i've heard the stock heads and manifold are a lot better than the pre au ford v8's. not sure though.

i beat many a v8 driver in my xr6 wagon. that used to annoy them.

 

_________________

eb v8: low loud and fast. just how a v8 should be. i guess the big question is, is it fast enough...

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun May 20, 2007 1:22 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 31

Posts: 181

Joined: 7th Sep 2006

Ride: EF Mont

Location: Hobart
TAS, Australia

Most standard like Holden V8's seem to be slow as hell. I think the VS SS has the same quarter mile time on paper as my EF Mont does. Pretty f**k. They did have slow, f**k a** old motors in them tho.

 

_________________

Sanity is for the Weak!!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun May 20, 2007 5:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 34

Posts: 2351

Joined: 11th Nov 2004

Gallery: 30 images

Ride: Blown XR8

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Some are slow, and some a quick.
I used to kill a mates VS SS manual, but then my mates VS Stato just pipped me when the car was stock.

So they can vary...
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun May 20, 2007 5:25 pm 
Tyre Shredder
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 334

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Ride: Calais

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

ive seen a vn senator munch an xr8 sprint so they do vary alot

 

_________________

Black VZ Calais, 5.7Ltr

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun May 20, 2007 5:58 pm 
Fordmods Addict
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 7958

Joined: 1st Jun 2005

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

FairmontEL wrote:
ive seen a vn senator munch an xr8 sprint so they do vary alot

Was a VP... you C*** :P

 

_________________

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 36 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:23 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names