Fordmods Logo

WADE 977b specs, anyone know them? What wade to use? 

Page 3 of 5 [ 68 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 19 images

Ride: SERIES 2 FAIRMONT GHIA

WA, Australia

well all i know is since i got the 1636 put in it made the engine come alive.. it matched with the other mods and did More than i was expecting..

no probs here....yet

15 PSI OF BOOSTED GHIA GOODNESS!!!

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 2011 Kia Optima Platinum

VIC, Australia

Tickford_6....I've turned a blind eye to the "bagging" that you've directed at WADE CAMS over the last 12 months, but when you defame our Company as was the case yesterday, l consider it my duty to respond.

The 1004, despite your experience, HAS worked successfully for hundreds of our customers, most of whom are Fordmods members. That is a fact.

Your comment that we said "it's bigger, it has to be faster" is not the same as what we actually stated..."The 1004 puts out more kilowatts than the standard cam". We stand by that remark.

Now, the question about the noisy timing chain. You can't be serious. You stated yourself in respect to this, and l quote "I'm pretty sure it's just my engine showing it's age" and "I'm pretty sure it's just because every thing is old and worn". Now we have the inference from you that we're responsible for that too. What a joke.

Finally, on to our after sales service. We pride ourselves on the effort we make to look after our clients. We bent over backwards to try and make amends with you. We even came to an arrangement with you while you were trying to sell the 1004 and again, l quote your words "the cam is no longer for sale. I have been talking with Wade for a few days and we have come to an agreement". The next thing we know, you've replaced the cam with another and you've been sticking the knife in ever since.

We'll let the members of Fordmods who've dealt with us make up their own minds about WADE CAMS based on their own experience, not yours.

Have a nice day.

Chris
WADE CAMS

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: EF Falcon XT-T

VIC, Australia

my 1004 is great :)
thumbs up to wade!

as for tickford_6: GET SOME RESULTS FOR YOUR RPD CAM!

FALCN6 - EF GLi Turbo, 20" Rims, Air Bag Suspension, Straight LPG, 225rwkw
DTHWGN - EA GL Wagon, LTD Interior, Satin Black, 5.0, Turbo
RACER - EF Futura , 5.0, 5 Speed
PROJECT - 83 Thunderbird, Lowered, 18" Billet Wheels
DAILY - BA Fairmont Ghia 5.4 3V

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

SA, Australia

My 1004 was great as well. I was very happy with wades service that when it came time to go bigger I went right back.

Ive run a regrind 1004-110 and billet 1521a now and neither has caused any rattle's or noise. Both were ground spot on and dispite having a vernier cam gear both dialed in at 0 degrees.

I only wish they had something bigger than the 1521a now (let me know if you have anything in the works you would like tested :D).

Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

tensixty6 wrote:
Tickford_6....I've turned a blind eye to the "bagging" that you've directed at WADE CAMS over the last 12 months, but when you defame our Company as was the case yesterday, l consider it my duty to respond.

The 1004, despite your experience, HAS worked successfully for hundreds of our customers, most of whom are Fordmods members. That is a fact.

Your comment that we said "it's bigger, it has to be faster" is not the same as what we actually stated..."The 1004 puts out more kilowatts than the standard cam". We stand by that remark.

Now, the question about the noisy timing chain. You can't be serious. You stated yourself in respect to this, and l quote "I'm pretty sure it's just my engine showing it's age" and "I'm pretty sure it's just because every thing is old and worn". Now we have the inference from you that we're responsible for that too. What a joke.

Finally, on to our after sales service. We pride ourselves on the effort we make to look after our clients. We bent over backwards to try and make amends with you. We even came to an arrangement with you while you were trying to sell the 1004 and again, l quote your words "the cam is no longer for sale. I have been talking with Wade for a few days and we have come to an agreement". The next thing we know, you've replaced the cam with another and you've been sticking the knife in ever since.

We'll let the members of Fordmods who've dealt with us make up their own minds about WADE CAMS based on their own experience, not yours.

Have a nice day.

Chris
WADE CAMS

i would have left it at the fact my engine was worn and that was the problem. but since fitting the RPD stg1 cam in the same engine with the same timing chain and guides, the timing chain noise is not there.
if that doesn't point directly at the cam, then nothing ever would.

I know the cam works but thats the problem. it works in other cars but not in mine. the cam was set up to YOUR specs, i even went to the point of finding out if the TDC mark on the pully was correct, it wasn't and i made a new mark. and the car was slower and got the noise. when i contacted WADECAMS for help i got none,
other then now ,you have corrected me, ."The 1004 puts out more kilowatts than the standard cam". You tell me what am i meant to think??
am i meant to be happy about it?? you win some you loose some. and you have to cop it when you loose. more so when you can't, will nott?, help the customer.

people can make up there own minds about the cam but it's not fair to hide it from them, they need to know it can happen.

i'm in bussines my self and i've had the same thing happen to me. same model car same mods but for some reason different result. yet i will work on the car until it's fixed, for free, unless an other problem that existed with the car was causing it. you wanted me to pay to send the cam back,

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

EFFalcon wrote:
thumbs up to wade!

i'm sure both you and the guys at wadecams would think it unfair to post times from my car with the RPD cam while my car as problems like a stuffed coil pack and stuffed trailing arm bushes. I will once the the problems have been fixed and the comparison been made fair, post up the times.

on one hand though. the RPD cam doesn't have the timing chain noise

Last edited by tickford_6 on Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
EFFalcon wrote:
thumbs up to wade!

i'm sure both you and the guys at wadecams would think it unfar to post times from my car with the RPD cam while my car as problems like a stuffed coil pack and stuffed trailing arm bushes. I will once the the problems have been fixed and the comparison been made fair, post up the times.

I cannot believe that you would continue to suggest the we have done something in grinding the lobes on the cam that could cause timing chain noise. It is incomprehensible.

Last edited by Wade Cams on Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:07 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: ef falcon

VIC, Australia

i have spoken to chris at wade cams and he was really helpfull with any questions i had, he got back to me within 10 minutes with information i needed and i was first recomended wade cams by a guy who has a 10 second ea falcon so they have to be good!!!!!!!!

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

tensixty6 wrote:
tickford_6 wrote:
EFFalcon wrote:
thumbs up to wade!

i'm sure both you and the guys at wadecams would think it unfar to post times from my car with the RPD cam while my car as problems like a stuffed coil pack and stuffed trailing arm bushes. I will once the the problems have been fixed and the comparison been made fair, post up the times.

I cannot believe that you would continue to suggest the we have something in grinding the lobes on the cam that could cause timing chain noise. It is incomprehensible.

i've been asked by the mods to drop it and i will.
but maybe you should call JMM and ask them about the timing chain noises they get with the dev5 cam.

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

VIC, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
Felony wrote:
tickford_6 wrote:
tensixty6 wrote:
10,000_Fists wrote:
Why wade? why not try a Jay's RPD stage 2 or 3

Why not a Wade Cam.......hmmmmm?

because jays cams work better. yes i have used both yours and jays in my car.

You just simply cant beat wade on what you get for a mere $122.50, not everyone can afford between 300-500 on a cam, so dont bag them dood......
Cheers

well if when you fit this wade cam your car is now SLOWER it gives you every right to bag them. dood

Mate to explain it simply without getting right back into it, your a poof...
WADE CAMS ROCK!!!!

Succesful trades with bentles_eb, Pane, chunkz, xr8_dismantler, OBS35N, mrnasty, Steady ED, voxace, Mash85, ovo616, ef biff, lukey, dazza2924, Seannyb, gunit18, jkk, Tocchi,

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Felony wrote:
tickford_6 wrote:
Felony wrote:
tickford_6 wrote:
tensixty6 wrote:
10,000_Fists wrote:
Why wade? why not try a Jay's RPD stage 2 or 3

Why not a Wade Cam.......hmmmmm?

because jays cams work better. yes i have used both yours and jays in my car.

You just simply cant beat wade on what you get for a mere $122.50, not everyone can afford between 300-500 on a cam, so dont bag them dood......
Cheers

well if when you fit this wade cam your car is now SLOWER it gives you every right to bag them. dood

Mate to explain it simply without getting right back into it, your a poof...
WADE CAMS ROCK!!!!

Now now guys....be nice.
In any case, to be grammatically correct....it's you are a poof, not your a poof. One must always use proper english.

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL Fairmont

SA, Australia

I'm in the same position as Stockstandard.

I've used a 1004/110 regrind and a 1521a/114 billet. Not one hint of chain back lash and grinding has been spot on both times. Like Mark, I'm also on the outlook for a bigger cam, something that doesnt taper off like the 1521a does. Any 235deg 110LSA 550thou camshafts on the way from wade????

On another note I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who values propper use of the Queens English. (I'm sure people remember my "SMS" thread)

Soo many idiots. So few bullets

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Walkinshaw wrote:

I've used a 1004/110 regrind and a 1521a/114 billet. Not one hint of chain back lash and grinding has been spot on both times. Like Mark, I'm also on the outlook for a bigger cam, something that doesnt taper off like the 1521a does. Any 235deg 110LSA 550thou camshafts on the way from wade????

On another note I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who values propper use of the Queens English. (I'm sure people remember my "SMS" thread)

I'll talk to our tech guy, Keith, on Monday. By the way, everyone knows propper is spelt "proppu" Geeez.

Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Walkinshaw wrote:

We've got a profile with 234deg 110LSA 562thou specs.....a bit more lift than you mentioned.

Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:29 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 29 images

Ride: VU SS

NSW, Australia

What profile is that? Is it billet only too?

EF Fairmont now Sold!
Guides: Polishing|Modifications |Manual Conversion

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 5  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next