Fordmods Logo

Wade Billet Cams and RPD Cams 

Page 2 of 4 [ 57 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

SA, Australia

So you would be fine with somebody posting that you only consider customers as numbers dispite your support to the forums and its users?

And I know of instances where both wade and crow have accepted returns of cams because the customer was not happy (and in both cases it turned out to be incorrect installation). I guess its not an official policy of theirs because they would rather sell you the right cam in the first place.

Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas

Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:29 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 7 images

NSW, Australia

All Im saying is, competition is competition. If dc_todd feels strongly about these cams, thats his opinion, and I agree with him.

This forum is a place of opinion, and if he thinks that wade treat you as numbers then so be it, you don't have to agree.

Im sure they can take cams back, but we make sure the customer is happy, and garauntee that 100%.

Ofcourse everything has ups and downs, so in the end its up the customer to decide what he/she really wants.

Cheers

;++JustForDimSim++;

Cheap, fast and reliable.. choose 2.

Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:03 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

lol - of course you agree with him :)

Ill express one more opinion - The wade 1004 has been shown several times to be good for mid 130rwkw and pushes a falcon well into the 14's down the 1/4. So far I cant say Ive seen results from any RPD product that matches this. Money back guarentee or not - the 1004 is a safe bet!

Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:18 am 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

your point on wades has been made clear several times, seems like your as stubborn as me lol.

In your argument, you say that RPD don't have results to match this.. first of all dc_todd ran a 14.7 on the old stage1 cam, and cam only. Secondly, if we didn't make results, why are so many people happy? How is it that my car is pulling the same numbers as yours on the dyno (close enough to, according to your sig), and I don't have headwork or 24# injectors. And it was untuned... not to mention Kezzas dyno results, I can go on and on.. but at the end of the day, our customer are happy, and feel good about their cars... they don't go around comparing d**k sizes, we're not about that. We try and make people happy, thats our goal, something that some people on here don't understand.

If you want to race dynos, then play with jim mock instead of arguing with us all the time, if you want to be happy with your car and customer satisfaction, then come to us. Simple as that.

Cheers

;++JustForDimSim++;

Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:29 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

justfordima wrote:
In your argument, you say that RPD don't have results to match this.. first of all dc_todd ran a 14.7 on the old stage1 cam, and cam only.

Not bad, hadn't seen that time before. For reference quickcorty ran a 14.6 with cam and exhaust (in an ea with a 2.XX diff)

justfordima wrote:
How is it that my car is pulling the same numbers as yours on the dyno (close enough to, according to your sig), and I don't have headwork or 24# injectors. And it was untuned...

Not sure how this is relevant but I guess we have about the same power because although you dont have headwork you have a cam with 80thou more lift, a 6TB intake vs my stock BBM, you have a untuned MS2 vs the off the shelf chiptorque I was running (sorry if these are not the specs of your car, just trying to remember what was posted a while back).

Also bigger injectors just means lower/safer duty cycles, no power gains there

justfordima wrote:
they don't go around comparing d**k sizes, we're not about that. We try and make people happy, thats our goal, something that some people on here don't understand.

For some people, this comes from getting a good timeslip or winning dyno comps. It is not a less valid reason for buying a product than 'happiness'

justfordima wrote:
If you want to race dynos, then play with jim mock instead of arguing with us all the time, if you want to be happy with your car and customer satisfaction, then come to us. Simple as that.

I dont want to argue, just offering an opinion - thats what forums are for remember :)

And dont get me wrong, I do think you will be getting some nice numbers from your products. I just believe that other companies (not just wade) also have good products that are worth looking at.

Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:34 am 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

I completely agree that the customer should do their research, and that includes looking at other companies, and part of that research is to get people like you and me to argue about it lol.

And Im sure other companies have great products too, otherwise they'd be out of business, Im just outlining the differences.

And by the way, backing up customers is part of after sales support :lol:

Cheers

;++JustForDimSim++;

Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:58 pm 
NSW Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: TE50

NSW, Australia

man that got blown out of proportion... simple statment pretty much of I am happy with what I got and happy to recommend it to people, perhaps not one eyed tools that are looking to pick your bloody thread to bits to try and constude some ½ baked retatrded argument that it is my intention to trash the crap out of another product. not even on my map dude. sorry. and grow up.

I have a car.

Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Think you need to calm down a bit. No need to resort to personal insults just because we dont agree.

Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:10 pm 
NSW Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: TE50

NSW, Australia

no personal insults have been lodged, no names mentioned from this end. :) besides I am not the one who is looking stoopid.

I have a car.

Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: egas bf xt

NSW, Australia

stockstandard raises some good points...

dc_todd you just sound like an advertisment going from thread to thread...

I can see through wooden doors.

Last edited by haggis on Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Falcon

VIC, Australia

whoooooooooo weeeeee
you boys are getting pritty hyped about this

sooooo much tension you could cut it with a butter knife

EFBIGNIK 145.9 RWKW Falcon / 16.27 @ 86.72mph (Stock)
http://s60.photobucket.com/albums/h38/e ... urnout.flv

Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:19 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

no tension from this end.. just discussing :D

Cheers

;++JustForDimSim++;

Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

haggis wrote:

you just sound like an advertisment going from thread to thread...

so wat tho....he's happy with a product that so many threads get raised about why not let ppl know....like myself I'll soon be looking for a performance cam....honestly tho who gives a f**k whether someone voices there opinion in multiple places or not ... it doesnt really matter..no huge deal

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: egas bf xt

NSW, Australia

Big Kev wrote:
haggis wrote:

so wat tho....he's happy with a product that so many threads get raised about why not let ppl know....like myself I'll soon be looking for a performance cam....honestly tho who gives a f**k whether someone voices there opinion in multiple places or not ... it doesnt really matter..no huge deal

I have no problem with people spreading a good word about a product, i too will be going to RPD to spend as much as i can, but stockstandard is right, dc_todd is basically saying "go to RPD, they're the only ones who care" And that's what i have a problem with. Maybe i'm just too opinionated - i always end up in this kind of s**t :P

The difference in service i would imagine, is that RPD are relying on good customer satisfaction (which they are evidently giving), where as with wade you are no doubt dealing with someone who's income doesn't change regardless of how many camshafts they sell. This doesn't change who has the better product for your needs.

I can see through wooden doors.

Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

haggis wrote:
Big Kev wrote:
haggis wrote:

I have no problem with people spreading a good word about a product, i too will be going to RPD to spend as much as i can, but stockstandard is right, dc_todd is basically saying "go to RPD, they're the only ones who care" And that's what i have a problem with. Maybe i'm just too opinionated - i always end up in this kind of s**t :P

The difference in service i would imagine, is that RPD are relying on good customer satisfaction (which they are evidently giving), where as with wade you are no doubt dealing with someone who's income doesn't change regardless of how many camshafts they sell. This doesn't change who has the better product for your needs.

yeh no probs i understand where ya comin from ... but stockstandard has practically done the same thing only more from an almost wade bias...just how it looks thats all....you got todd and dimsim vouching for RPD with stocks pusihin the competition....either way both are great options and with proven results ...and also the difference in choosing brand differing cams in the same class is gonna end up with minimal differewnce ...couple extra or less kw improveents for slightly higher or less $$$ Both companies have proven to be great with their fordmods customer based either way

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 4  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next