Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Wanted: good f**k mechanic
Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:36 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: WRX

Power: 132 rwkw

VIC, Australia

A Few months ago i shat an idler pulley on my ed, so i went out and bought another one, when i tried to fix it it turns out the big nut on the pulley bracket was rounded and i had to get a new bracket.

This f**k up my power steering, and i ended up s**t 7 new belts in about 3 months, now i finally got off my a*** to get the power steering fixed and now it works fine.

But now, due to my friggin mechanic, my alternator belts keep frying themselves and busting off, leaving me with a useless overheated car.

When i took the car to the mechanics (Gardener motors Frankston) i said can you fix my power steering and he said yes, then he saw the alternator belt and said ooh better fix that too, i said nah its fine just a bit frayed from having the power steering belts hit it. Low and behold when i got the car back monday he had fitted a new bracket, and new bolts and readjusted my alternator position and fitted a new belt.

I got the car to canadian bay (20k's from frankston) and all you could hear was the worst belt squeel ive ever heard, so i drove the car to karginal cause i had to drop off friends, and on the way all you could smell was burnt rubber, half way there the belt snaps, i lose alternator charge and the car gets hotter than a priest in a playground, i let it cool and took it to my g/f's house and had it towed to the mechanic and they "fixed" it, they blamed it on the fan pulley and charged me $55 to change that and a new alternator belt, which was almost Double the price of the first belt they put on, and they took out my coolant level sensor. (because it wasnt in the bottle, i had just got it from wreckers)

So i abused the almighty s**t out of them and theyre looking at it now, but now ive payed almost $200 for them to create more problems with my car and they stole my coolant sensor and charge varying prices for the same belt.

f**k.

Car Killer.

Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:05 am 
Parts Gopher

WA, Australia

That's some string of bad luck there buddy! I will continue not going to mechanics...never have, never will. Its hard to find one that will just do the work and charge you fairly, they always find other things to fix and never contact you beforehand.

Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:12 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: Falcon

SA, Australia

Damn that sucks sooo much. Nothing worse then having a problem and then they f**k you over because of it. I prefer to do all my work to prevent all this BS.

HOLDENS go like rockets. They fall apart in stages!!!

Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:30 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Futura

WA, Australia

I took my car to lynford motors (perth) for a service cuz sometimes i just dont have the time and i get it back with all the radiator hoses leaking and the thermo housing leaking like a sob. Then i had a sump replaced cuz someone dicided to put a helicoil in there before i got to it and then i take it back for the serivice i just talked about.and then the other day i done a service and found another bloody helicoil in there and that sump cost $900 from what i hear the only people that work on your car these days are apprentices and t/a's. so i aint goin near a mechanic if my life depended on it and i feel i have more knowledge then them and they do this stuff for a living! no disrespect to the honest mechanics out there.

Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Ive only ever been to mechanics if its something major, like a head, or gasket, but for the most part i do all my work myself.

To be fair to the mechanic, the alternator did need new botls, cause one of the ones i had in there was completely wrong, cause the other one rounded. But ffs, make sureit works when you give it back.

They also told me i need a new engine mount and the timings out, but they didnt tell me i need the front and rear mains done, or some rear bushes or that my rear shocks are f**k...

I was going to go 2 doors up, cause i sorta know the guy there cause he's mates with my mate, but he was closed that day... shoulda f**k waited.

Car Killer.

Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:34 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BA XR6 Falcon

VIC, Australia

I highly recommend Pringles in North Melbourne. I also part time live in Frankston and whilst it would be convenient to find a good machanic there, its no point, the place is dodgy enough already hahaha.

The will call you if they find anything else, then quote you and if you cant afford the work they will tell you how much longer you have until you absolutly need one. Never had a problem and the price is excellent.

Also they are located across the road from the best parma in Victoria acording t super parma.com, although the Palmerston is the bomb.

Jesus Drove Fords

Proud Owner of a XR6 MkII

Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 5 Star Boxcar

NSW, Australia

stomper wrote:
Damn that sucks sooo much. Nothing worse then having a problem and then they f**k you over because of it. I prefer to do all my work to prevent all this BS.

lol and at least you know you f**k it up yourself and have no one else to blame!

Kezz's 5sp Box Car ---> RPD enhanced with a bunch of other stuff

Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:01 pm 
Technical Contributor

Ride: Shockwave BA XR6

Power: 152 rwkw

VIC, Australia

eb jamie,

i used to work for Pringles a few years ago (i did my Apprenticeship there)
good people to work for .

you are right about the parma it is pretty good from there but the palmerston still gets my vote

Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:32 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: BF XR6 Ute

NSW, Australia

hey mate, i was having the same dramas with my ED and it was cause I wasn't tightening the alternator tensioner properly. i did like 4 belts in a row until that point, too. it was embarrassing. Maybe the mechanic is a peanut and doesn't know he needs two spanners to tighten it properly. i just bought one from repco and did it myself.

BF XR6 Ute,ED XR6 Manual (SOLD),XD 4V 351 toploader 9in

Zoom and Extreme magazines Production Editor

Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:21 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

QLD, Australia

i would find out, who in your area services the ford taxi's. They should know all ford falcon models back too front.....

97 EL Fairmont 4l OHC .Silver.
Exhaust: Pacemaker's, 2.5" exhaust and Hiflow cat
Intake: FRAM AIRHOG , EL GT snorkel
XR6 300kpa fuel reg Stg 2 Auto Shift Kit.6DJA ECU
PM in Qld looking too buy Toyota 4*4 SR5 Dualcab Hilux 91-97 with 2.8l diesel engine/5spd manual

Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

back again, this f**k peanut screwed it again, i got it back 5 days ago, and its f**k again... half tempted to take it to another bloke but then ill have to pay again.

Car Killer.

Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Soarer 2.5GT-T

VIC, Australia

my servicing is done by welby automotive in bayswater.
little one man operation, top bloke.
not the cheapest, but by no means a ripoff merchant.
most honest mechanic i've dealt with, tells you what's wrong, how bad it is, and how badly and soon you need to fix it.
And if he's not too busy can normally lend you his ea if you need a runaround. Tell him daniel with the EL mont sent you and he will look after you as much as possible.

Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon EB-s

WA, Australia

I had the same problem with my eb, kept throwing belts, i replaced the tensioner as it was stripped, and can now get the belts tight so they arent continually coming off. Havent lost one in months now.almost a year.

The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 03 BA XR6

VIC, Australia

Reklaw Automotive in Cranbourne...Its at the back of a united servo near codrington(corrington) street..

top blokes, honest, and dont f**k you around...

2003 BA Ford Falcon XR6 | BF Typhoon Intake + K&N Filter | Lukey 2.5" catback zorst | More mods coming soon....

Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: XHII pano, Landau

VIC, Australia

I use amberly automotive in dande south. Bit higher in price than joe shmo down the road but at least i know my car is in good hands there and its safe after hours

Automatics only come in assult riffles
---------------------------------------
www.aussiecoupes.net

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next