Wanting a deeper exhaust note 

Page 7 of 8 [ 112 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post subject: Re: Wanting a deeper exhaust note
Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:14 am 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: Ford Falcon FG F6

WA, Australia

Well im just writing from my experiences. Also I thought my analogy was pretty damn good, yes it sounded a bit harsh sorry for that but I was just trying to get my point across. But in the case of the ecu learning yes you guys are correct there should be a slight increase in performance but however once the ecu adjusts or "fine tunes" the mods the car will be quicker by far. Every mod I have done I felt a little power increase initially yes but after a couple of weeks the car just kept gradually getting quicker and more powerful!

Sorry guys I don't want to sound like I know everything because I don't but this is what my understanding is and its what ive noticed on my own car, but like they say every car is different. Even if my assumptions are wrong, I will still feel very strongly about my opinion. It is good to see everyone passionate about their cars :D

08 FG F6 #326. 4" Xforce exhaust turbo back with mid muffler delete, 1000cc injectors, 20% Underdrives, Stage 2 intercooler and piping, Stage 2 gear box, Upgraded flex plate, upgraded transcooler, upgraded fuel pump, Streetfighter air intake, cooler thermostate, SCT tune at 20psi at 406rwkw

Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:35 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EL Falcon

NSW, Australia

Are you saying If you put a new air intake on a car it will keep gaining power?

Mr. Xpressionz wrote:
Well im just writing from my experiences. Also I thought my analogy was pretty damn good, yes it sounded a bit harsh sorry for that but I was just trying to get my point across. But in the case of the ecu learning yes you guys are correct there should be a slight increase in performance but however once the ecu adjusts or "fine tunes" the mods the car will be quicker by far. Every mod I have done I felt a little power increase initially yes but after a couple of weeks the car just kept gradually getting quicker and more powerful!

Sorry guys I don't want to sound like I know everything because I don't but this is what my understanding is and its what ive noticed on my own car, but like they say every car is different. Even if my assumptions are wrong, I will still feel very strongly about my opinion. It is good to see everyone passionate about their cars :D

Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:57 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BA XR6

NSW, Australia

best way to put it in simple terms.
with in 5mins of a new mod your ecu is 90% adjusted.
the car is loaded with sensors that continually relay new information to the ecu. if your ecu is having a slow learning curve something aint right.
when i did my exhaust system i noticed the power right from the word go, its the reason why i had a big smile on my face right after leaving the shop.
same when i did my intake.
the only thing i can think of that really takes time (couple hundred K's) to learn is your auto in standard mode, but that's because its always learning and adapting to your driving style.

BA XR6
Performance mods: typhoon + territory pipe with K&N filter, full exhaust, BPR generic tune, lowered, xr6t front brakes, territory rear brakes
Visual mods: 19" rim, lower grill mesh, oil pressure and vacuum gauges, engine bay lighting, foot well lights
some of my main mods

Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:18 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BF XT Falcon

VIC, Australia

hey all, havnt been on here in a while!

I havnt got around to getting anything changed yet, been a bit tight for cash while trying to find a new job. the bastards sacked me for catching a chest infection and i had 2 days off work (with certificate) while on my 3 month probation. crunts! anyhoo finally got another job, so hopefully soon things will be a go!

So ive been doing a little research and what not.. deciding im not getting a hotdog, dont want the drone, but i think im going to try a lukey glasspack, or race muffler for the rear.

Anyone have any experience with these? ive heard full lukey systems and they sound great! so im thinking by adding a rear lukey to my existing difilippo system, it would probably sounds not bad :)

tossing up between saving up for a new set of 19 inch rims, or getting the exhaust done first.. ahh decisions decisions... :)

Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:21 pm 
VIC Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: ed

VIC, Australia

hey ive got lukey headers and a no name hi flow car and 2.5 cat back and its has a nice lumpy idel and its a low growl not a scream and thats in a wagon.

94 White ED Wagon
eaton M112 supercharger, lowered a tad, extractors, 2.5" exhaust, T5 , custom SureCam supercharger cam, 3.45 lokka, 2 piece tailshaft, poyair bags in the back, TSS front Skirt, Sprint skirts, XR wagon spoiler.
soon to get: AU diff, upc 330mm brakes, Vapor LPG injection.

Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:54 pm 
Parts Gopher

WA, Australia

Yea I have a Lukey exhaust system with pacemaker headers and high flow cat and it sounds beautiful has very nice growl. Hate when I hear people going 40-60 k/h down the road and their car is screaming as if they were going a 130..

08 FG F6 #326. 4" Xforce exhaust turbo back with mid muffler delete, 1000cc injectors, 20% Underdrives, Stage 2 intercooler and piping, Stage 2 gear box, Upgraded flex plate, upgraded transcooler, upgraded fuel pump, Streetfighter air intake, cooler thermostate, SCT tune at 20psi at 406rwkw

Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:01 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: BF XT Falcon

VIC, Australia

Mr. Xpressionz wrote:
Yea I have a Lukey exhaust system with pacemaker headers and high flow cat and it sounds beautiful has very nice growl. Hate when I hear people going 40-60 k/h down the road and their car is screaming as if they were going a 130..

What type of lukey muffler are you using? they have so many different options!

Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:50 pm 
Parts Gopher

WA, Australia

I went to Carline Mufflers and they just put two Lukey Performance mufflers and a pacemaker High flow cat on. Not sure if there is certain types or not, i know they make hot dogs but didnt get that I like the mufflers better.

Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Ba XR6 mk2 n/a

NSW, Australia

Yea and the mufflers sound meaner anyway!

BANNED USER

Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:19 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

Atleast this thread seems to be a magnet for all the posts. Bionic arms, Ford mechanics, cars losing their s**t with a pod fitted...ffs.

*edit: insert "focked/retarded/cumfelching" before posts.

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Last edited by skidder on Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:15 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Whats wrong with pods?

BANNED USER

Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:23 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Nothing wrong with pods, it's the expectation of the owner that's the problem.

EL Fairmont Ghia - Manual - Supercharged
- The Car
- The Headlights

Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:55 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 1994 falcon

New Zealand

Troy wrote:
i'm running no cat (beacuse it's legal here) and a catback, and its deep. i would change the rear res with a small hotdog, thinking about doing it myself.

serious question, what is a catback?
cheers

RIP XS7261

Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Cat back is the part which comes after the headers. Lol

BANNED USER

Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:50 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: AUII XR8 Pursuit & EF XR6

NSW, Australia

A "catback" exhaust is bought from the rear of the cat through to the tail pipe, thats what people are talking about when they are installing a catback, the cat is normally an added expense ontop.

- 1994 EF XR6, Auto, EL XR wheels. Clean and close to original ( Missus' Kiddie Chariot )
- 2001 AUII XR8 Pursuit ute, 5 speed, 18" alloys, custom tray. Goes alright!! lol

Sort by  
 Page 7 of 8  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next