Fordmods Logo

Warranty for BA 2002 XT, dodgy... 

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Post subject: Warranty for BA 2002 XT, dodgy...
Posted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:05 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: BA XT '02

NT, Australia

So i went down to the dealer that i bought this ford xt from (wasn't ford dealer, Honda used vehicles) and they gave me a 3 month warranty with it...

i put the car in today because there was noise like a squeeky noise coming from somewhere around the car and the car had a lumpy idle.. as if it was about to turn off. the next issue was that the handbrake SOMETIMES would not fully release and im left with a handbrake touching the wheel or something and i hear a "ch-ch-ch-ch" noise.

At the end of today.. they gave me back a report saying nothing was wrong with it... last time i gave it to them they said "if we replace your spark plugs, we never want to see this car again" and that's kinda unfair since it's under warranty, so what to do? since they said nothings wrong with it... i really want it fixed under the warranty, and the warranty finishes in 30 days from today (so 28th of october)
should i call MVR (motor vehicle registry) and get them to look at the car and get an official report... call ombudsman or what? :(

Holden = Hope Our Luck Doesn't End Now

Post subject: Re: Warranty for BA 2002 XT, dodgy...
Posted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:11 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: falcon ED,EF,EL

ACT, Australia

from personal experience i would say let them(dealer) know in a STRONG BUT RESPECTABLE language that you will take the matter to the office of fair trading and that should be enough for them to take care of the car and fix it up. if not i would suggest go to the office of fair trading and put in an application and they will take care of the rest

Posted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:34 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NT, Australia

thanks guys, will do tomorrow! calling the ombudsman and seeing what they can do.

Posted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:45 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 98 Fairlane Concorde 4.0

QLD, Australia

Take it for an RAC(Q)(V) NRMA type inspection (whatever it is in NT), get a full report from them on issues and condition, hit the dealer up with that after lodging a complaint with the Dept of Fair Trading.

Damn, my eyesights getting dodgy, I was typing this in the report post page. Glad I noticed the warez heading before hitting submit.

Silver NL Fairlane Concorde 98 4.0

1978 XC Fairmont GXL Update 5.8 with 218 Cam @ 50

Posted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:50 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NT, Australia

Another Gary wrote:
Take it for an RAC(Q)(V) NRMA type inspection (whatever it is in NT), get a full report from them on issues and condition, hit the dealer up with that after lodging a complaint with the Dept of Fair Trading.

Damn, my eyesights getting dodgy, I was typing this in the report post page. Glad I noticed the warez heading before hitting submit.

haha warez heading.. thanks gary. will do,

Posted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:35 pm 
QLD Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EF Ford Falcon Wagon

QLD, Australia

Go to the Ombudsman they seem to work better than office of fair trading but try both you have nothing to lose.

Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:00 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 2002 Au Ford Falcon Ute

QLD, Australia

When I bought my XLS ute from a used car dealer.. I took it straight to my mechanic who did a road worth report on it... then I went back to my dealer who then.... replaced my windscreen, replaced my hood liner, machined the breaks, adjusted the fuel filler neck, replaced a gasket!

I also printed out the QLD Transport Road Worth Specs sheet... which outlined what is deemed a road worthy car.. they can't argue with that.. So I suggest to do the same with NT Transport...

Most places especially a car dealer don't want to loose there licence...

Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:49 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Sounds like a voluntary warranty.

Hey dude, did you read the fine print terms and conditions of the warranty at all?
read it again if it says full coverage for all mechanical faults or if it specifically says the dealer offers a warranty and a guarantee that the car is not stolen or has an outstanding debt.

What you need to do is document the problem and note every step you've done to sort out the issue with the dealer first. if nothing is done or they are just buying time within the next 5 working days, then contact the industry body such as the motor trades association for assistance http://www.accc.gov.au/content/index.ph ... hType/org#

At the same time contact the ombudsman to follow up just in case your claim ends up in the round file. LOL

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:57 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NT, Australia

so i just got off the phone with the ombudsman and MTA and they redirected me to the ... persons that manage the car dealerships in darwin.

he got a mouthfull of what i said and answered "a squeeky noise isnt covered under warranty..." and i said "well if the car is supposed to make a squeeky noise.. then it isnt covered. if it ISNT supposed to make a squeeky noise, then it is."

then he was out of words, trying to make me wrong by saying other s**t... but now he's finally come to it and is following it up and will let me know...

will update!

Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:21 pm 
QLD Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EF Ford Falcon Wagon

QLD, Australia

Good onya follow it up to your satisfaction not theirs

Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:54 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NT, Australia

MTA (motor trades association) got back to me and they said that since my car is booked in for next week to be looked at,( because this week they failed to find the 3 problems i said..) they wont do anything about anything. f**k. im just going to goto mvr and get it inspected and get the issues or even all issues on paper, then slam it in honda's f**k face and say since you guys gave me a warranty and cant find the problems.. MVR has found every problem YOU need to fix.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 12 posts ]