get your car dynod at jmm.

wish i had bigger wheels.

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

SA, Australia

edfairmont4.0 wrote:
all ford 6's from ea-el have the same injectors 18lb mine are a bit bigger

They all have 19lb injectors. XR6's run higher fuel pressure (300kpa) and so get around 21lb of flow.

The stock 19lb injectors will be running flat out from around 140rwkw @ 275kpa and will get to around 155-160 with the higher pressure. At these power levels they are already beyond "safe" levels.

Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:56 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: ea 5 spd

SA, Australia

fritzz wrote:
um, nos isnt n/a.

and its going to be a real pig of an engine with only 8:1 comp and a cam that large

ya it was in the other shell which is now defected!! the reason 4 the com ratio is cos only way we could get enough saftey margin between pistons and valves!!

MooseMan wrote:
Not as much as you could get if you boosted it for the price those mods cost.

as 4 this i couldnt have cos i bought this car at a bargin price and wen i got it it was undefected!!!

ISQUIK wrote:
edfairmont4.0 wrote:
what would i need for 180rwkw +???

get your car dynod at jmm.

lol thats a bit harsh aint it! they have spent alot of time and money researchin all this stuff so give them a brake!!!

apparently ba xr6t injectors r a cheap up grade??? is this true? they r ment 2 b 24lbs???? rated 2 260rwkws in baxr6t's is this so...?

mods: pacemaker extractors, 2.5in red back ,lowered with pedders 17" rims, extreme h/d ceramic clutch, 3.45 ef lsd, and rear brakes, clear indicators, ef thermo's, stage 2 crow (daily)

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:18 pm 
Tyre Shredder

WA, Australia

xr6t injectors are directional multi orifice. these heads are designed for a standard multi orifice so the fuel hits the valve. I dont know how well it will work bvut it should still work though. Also, ive been told 32lb by many people.

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

SA, Australia

ea_5_spd wrote:
lol thats a bit harsh aint it! they have spent alot of time and money researchin all this stuff so give them a brake!!!

Not harsh, true. Doesnt matter how much work they put in when you see a 20rwkw difference between the same car on there dyno and another you are going to get a reputation as a generous dyno (and they are not the only ones around). It only really matters though if you are one of those people who like to brag about dyno numbers, for tuning purposes it doesnt matter.

ea_5_spd wrote:
apparently ba xr6t injectors r a cheap up grade??? is this true? they r ment 2 b 24lbs???? rated 2 260rwkws in baxr6t's is this so...?

the xr6t injectors are the same as the standard ba injectors, just run at a heap more fuel pressure (400kpa).

Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:37 pm 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

ok fair enough lol wat r ba injectors rated at?

mods: pacemaker extractors, 2.5in red back ,lowered with pedders 17" rims, extreme h/d ceramic clutch, 3.45 ef lsd, and rear brakes, clear indicators, ef thermo's, stage 2 crow (daily)

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: ED Fairmont Ghia

QLD, Australia

stockstandard wrote:
edfairmont4.0 wrote:
all ford 6's from ea-el have the same injectors 18lb mine are a bit bigger

They all have 19lb injectors. XR6's run higher fuel pressure (300kpa) and so get around 21lb of flow.

The stock 19lb injectors will be running flat out from around 140rwkw @ 275kpa and will get to around 155-160 with the higher pressure. At these power levels they are already beyond "safe" levels.

You rekon 24Lb Injectors will be up to the tast 180rwkw? with a 300KPA Reg

ED Fairmont, Ghia mock DOHC-T 11.6 @ 118 Trying to get back to the 1/4!

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: el falcon

Power: 608 rwkw

WA, Australia

ea_5_spd wrote:
fritzz wrote:
um, nos isnt n/a.

and its going to be a real pig of an engine with only 8:1 comp and a cam that large

ya it was in the other shell which is now defected!! the reason 4 the com ratio is cos only way we could get enough saftey margin between pistons and valves!!

um ok. doesnt sound right to me.

its not going to make any power with out nos.

there are plenty of 4l around with around 550 lift that are running comp in the 10's.

wat did u do to lower the comp that low?

# 1997 EL Falcon GLI - 600+rwkw

# 2008 FPV FG GTE - Xa Coilovers, 20x8/ 20x10 Fairladys

Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:35 pm 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

well its a 3.9 bottom end!! and the head is a 4.0l has only been squared up! dont know how the comp ratio was worked out thats wat a mate worked it out 2 b!

well with standard injectors and 2.5in zorst standard ef intake plumpin and pannel filter made 155rwkws on a respectable dyno! after the tune and due 2 the throttle cable it only was at 75% throttle yes... and no nos.... as kit was not fitted at the time! so yes with low comp a 3.9/4.0 can make respectable n/a power!!! hopefully with bigger injectors and the jmm (copy) 3in intake with pod filter in box!!!! it will make close 2 the target!!

... does any1 know wat the jmm ported heads flow @...? as the head is as ported as there top head!
im thinkin that this will b the only factor slowin it up! we r gunna try and rev it 2 6500 with heavier valve springs than is currently fitted

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2