Posted: Mon May 23, 2005 2:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: PX2 Ranger 4x4 XLT Dual CAB

VIC, Australia

I wouldn't be touching one of those $35 waterpumps

Check out this thread

http://www.fordmods.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9133

She's meanness put to music and the b**ch is born to run!
Like the sign says, "speed's just a question of money. How fast can you go?"

Posted: Tue May 24, 2005 5:24 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: '98 EL XR8

NT, Australia

All I can say is the small drip which tends to fall from the middle of the car as it runs down the chassis, is a green coolant drip. It runs past the fuel filter... I'm pretty sure its coming from one of the two clamped hoses which lead into the firewall below the fuel pressure regulator.

But as I have only noticed the drip inbetween taking deliveries, I wouldn't know if it really is pissing out during regular driving.

Could a small drip every 2 seconds waste 3 litres of water over 2 days??? Obviously it only drips when the cooling system is pressurised.

If a drip is say 10ml, every 2 seconds, then thats 300ml of water lost in a minute right!??!?

I have noticed a oil like skin/appearance on the water inside the reserve tank, but it is nothing excessive... oil is not watery.

I think I may check the thermostat out again. (bought it from supercrap in Bundeburg on a trip out there).

"...we can rebuild him, we have the technology... we just dont want to spend a lot of money."
SIX MILLION PESO FALCON

Posted: Tue May 24, 2005 6:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: GTHO PH 1 EF ex chaser

QLD, Australia

This sounds like a possible leaking heater tap an they are VERY prone to leak :roll: :twisted:

Rotten Old Revhead!!! XW GTHO + EF ex cop car (exractors 2.5 cat back zorst !6" Simmons K&N +airbox mods Lowered with Bilstein shocks+Whiteline Bars NEXT THING Swap HO for GTP or Ferrari!

Posted: Tue May 24, 2005 7:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Lukieman wrote:
All I can say is the small drip which tends to fall from the middle of the car as it runs down the chassis, is a green coolant drip. It runs past the fuel filter... I'm pretty sure its coming from one of the two clamped hoses which lead into the firewall below the fuel pressure regulator.

Sorry, yes with the water being green then it is likely to be one of your heater hoses leaking or the heater tap. You may be able to just tighten the clamps up, but ultimately you need to change the hoses if they are weak then they can burst.

Posted: Tue May 24, 2005 7:38 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EB XR8 manual

NSW, Australia

When the gland died in my water pump, THAT was why i replaced it, when i did, i had discovered my fins were gone, but i had previously never had a problem overheating, even when going up steep hills in the mountains, meaning, i doubt to much that the water pump effects circulation too much. Convection will always work in such a large cooling system.

I have the genuine ford thermostate - 91 degree one - and i have noticed it warms quicker (good for the LPG) but the needle stays pretty much level all the time, just below the L on normal.

Also, has anyone else noticed on there EB on gas that the gas runs MUCH MUCH better (along with better economy) when they have the heater on? im guessing it has a tap in the heater box to stop flow when the heater isnt on. maybe a connecting line between the heater hoses before they get the heater core inside, but just after the Gas vaporiser.

Cheers
Ben

meh.

Posted: Tue May 24, 2005 11:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Foulcoon wrote:
Also, has anyone else noticed on there EB on gas that the gas runs MUCH MUCH better (along with better economy) when they have the heater on? im guessing it has a tap in the heater box to stop flow when the heater isnt on. maybe a connecting line between the heater hoses before they get the heater core inside, but just after the Gas vaporiser.

Cheers
Ben

There is a heater tap, though its not inside the heater box it sits inline the heater hose that runs from the bottom of the thermostat housing.
LPG systems should be branched off the heater hose before this tap otherwise water wont flow through the convertor when the heater tap is closed.

Posted: Wed May 25, 2005 12:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BA MkII XR6 Ute

VIC, Australia

Lukieman wrote:
Could a small drip every 2 seconds waste 3 litres of water over 2 days??? Obviously it only drips when the cooling system is pressurised.

If a drip is say 10ml, every 2 seconds, then thats 300ml of water lost in a minute right!??!?

10ml might be a little over the top, remember a shot glass is only 30ml so you are talking a third of that, which is a massive drip. id say closer to 1 or 2 ml at most.

We'll keep our cow s**t in the country, you keep your bull s**t in the city.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2