Fordmods Logo

wats the best extractors. plz help 

Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:03 pm 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

I got Pacemakers Ph4480's and am very happy with them. posted up the beforea nd after dyno runs in my gallery to prove it.

They work they are well made pity about the painting though.

Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:37 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: EF Fairmont

WA, Australia

just got some 4480's and a new catted to my EF, they made quite a difference. BTW anyone know if you can buy heatproof paint the same colour as them? mine have a few scrathes on em and wanted to touch em up a tad.

EF XR8 - 5speed, Extractors & Exhaust

Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

The_Jackal wrote:
just got some 4480's and a new catted to my EF, they made quite a difference. BTW anyone know if you can buy heatproof paint the same colour as them? mine have a few scrathes on em and wanted to touch em up a tad.

i saw at my local carline they had a spray can of paint and the label said "Pacemaker blue". Think it might of been VHT brand too!

Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 12:36 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XT, BA XR6T, ED Ghia 5.0

WA, Australia

XRCIST wrote:
Far out fnp acceleration to 120 is awesome. Thats good shove in the back material :D :wink: From watchin that vid i think it boils down to pacies or jmm extractors. The pacmakers would be alot cheaper, how much did u get yours for fnp? Do u have any more vids?

I think it came up to about a grand for the pacies with a 2.5" exhuast, ss cold air intake and a pod with filter. I'd like to get a new diff for it though. If you stall it up the car will inconsistently spin either the right or left rear, an lsd should help launches. It could also use a higher ratio, it feels a bit doughy off the line but starts to pull from about 3000rpm onwards. Are the JMM extractors noticably superior to the pacemakers? What else does that JMM XT have done to it for a 14.2 second quarter mile?

There is one more 0 - 100 run http://members.iinet.net.au/~fnp/pics/car but it's basically identical to the other one.

What's the difference between a Holden and a sheep? It's less embarrasing getting out of the back of a sheep..

Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:32 pm 
Commercial Sponsor

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: BA XR6

VIC, Australia

fnp wrote:
XRCIST wrote:
Far out fnp acceleration to 120 is awesome. Thats good shove in the back material :D :wink: From watchin that vid i think it boils down to pacies or jmm extractors. The pacmakers would be alot cheaper, how much did u get yours for fnp? Do u have any more vids?

I think it came up to about a grand for the pacies with a 2.5" exhuast, ss cold air intake and a pod with filter. I'd like to get a new diff for it though. If you stall it up the car will inconsistently spin either the right or left rear, an lsd should help launches. It could also use a higher ratio, it feels a bit doughy off the line but starts to pull from about 3000rpm onwards. Are the JMM extractors noticably superior to the pacemakers? What else does that JMM XT have done to it for a 14.2 second quarter mile?

There is one more 0 - 100 run http://members.iinet.net.au/~fnp/pics/car but it's basically identical to the other one.

A grand all up for those mods is awesome. When did u get the ss intake done, i thought you had the 2nd xr8 snorkel on it?
Yeah a higher ratio would be good for your car. If i were you, id get a 3.45 lsd and a JMM stall convertor. This would improve your take off GREATLY. I think this combo is better than getting just a 3.73 lsd because it will cost about the same or less (3.73 lsd fitted costs around 1700 from what i heard), you will get much better take off and u still retain decent fuel economy. The way petrol prices are going i wouldnt look at 3.73s. The 3.45s and convertor will send ur car straight into the high 13s.

2003 BA XR6 - Intercooled Vortech Supercharger 243rwkw @ 8psi - 13.09 @ 109.6mph

Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:15 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

I got a mate whos selling his EB falcon, he wants to sell me his 17" CSA wheels, his king springs and his headers for $1000 if i give him the wheels of my ED Fairmont Ghia. Hes taking $200 of the price without the headers, but the reason im asking is will it even be worth paying the extra $200 for them?
My car is stock, and they are Hitech headers, what are the pro's/cons of the Hitechs?
I havent really heard too much about them. Any help will be fine.

Cheers boys/girls, men/women.

Gill.

And I Kept Thinking... "How Can I Tell Her She Is F**king Hot Without Ruining The Conversation With My Pervertedness?"

Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: EF Fairmont Station Wagon.

Power: 150 rwkw

WA, Australia

Aparently from what I've read in other posts the HI-Tech headers are what JMM used to use. DUNNIE got a set over here in W.A. for $228 cost price, I got a quote a couple of months ago of $540 fitted.

4.0L EF Fairmont Station Wagon. EL GT Snorkel. K&N Pod in air box. 3" Intake piping.
Home port job. 1636 Wade cam. Wildcat Extractors, 2 1/2" cat and exhaust.
2200/2400rpm Dominator More Stall. Stage two mechanical shift kit. 3.73 4 pinion LSD. 15.078 @ 92mph.

Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:09 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Thanks for the pricing info mate. Do you happen to know anything about their performance in comparison to pacies or JMM headers? Or does anyone for that matter?

Thanks, Gill.

And I Kept Thinking... "How Can I Tell Her She Is F**king Hot Without Ruining The Conversation With My Pervertedness?"

Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: EF Fairmont Station Wagon.

Power: 150 rwkw

WA, Australia

Hey Gill, dont know about there performance compared to Pacie's but JMM used them on all there DEV Kits except DEV 6, they now offer a race series set which by all accounts are some of the best. Check out this article, picture #12 these should be the same as the HI-Tech's. http://carpoint.ninemsn.com.au/Tig/Mini ... au&id=6540 .For $200 I dont think you can go wrong.

4.0L EF Fairmont Station Wagon. EL GT Snorkel. K&N Pod in air box. 3" Intake piping.
Home port job. 1636 Wade cam. Wildcat Extractors, 2 1/2" cat and exhaust.
2200/2400rpm Dominator More Stall. Stage two mechanical shift kit. 3.73 4 pinion LSD. 15.078 @ 92mph.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2