Weird jerking feeling from the car on the weekend ??? >>>> 

Page 1 of 4 [ 46 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Weird jerking feeling from the car on the weekend ??? >&g
Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:55 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

On the weekend was just coasting along and when on a down hill slope i just slowly backed my fot off the accelarator to let it roll....and while rolling a second later there was a weird jolt feeling sorta like it had quicked down. Only it didnt feel like your normal quick down and at 100km/h i wouldnt have thought it would try and kick down.

Also i swear after it happened that my accelerator pedal felt slightly firmer like the cable was tenser then normal.....but im still not sure if it was i was pretty tired.

Now when im driving anything under 60km/h and around the 1000-2100rpm the car seems to hcup frquently....will just get these really quick jerks where the car backs down then speeds up suddenly but really quickly so the rev guage barely moves.....like the car is struggling for fuel or something.

All the guages are fine.

Only other thing that has ahhapened is on the same day the right driing light (low beam) blew....whetehr thats also just bad luck or coincidence i dunno ???

Ive had the cluster out but drove it that morning and it was fine ?

Any help or ideas would be much appreciated.

Kev

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:32 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EBII Fairmont Ghia

VIC, Australia

Mine will like sometimes change to 3rd around town on a hot day with the A/C on. That probably doesn't help you though.

Ben

Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:18 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 2003 BA XT

WA, Australia

Hey Big Kev i am getting the same thing happening to my EF at the mo but mine is under power, coasting and idling it's like it's misfiring type of thing.

I am stumped as to why it's doing it, if anyone can add some USEFULL infomation then it would help out.

Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: MY06 REX

WA, Australia

If it feels like it is kicking down when it shouldnt be, or not changing gear when it should, your kick down cable could be sticking or on its way out. Also check your tranny fluid.
But sounds like its something to do with your coil pack/dissy... Take it to a mechanic and describe the symptons, Im sure they could help identify it (I dont understand the term "quick down" though)

The Evil Strawberry

Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

How olds your tranny fluid? I had my tranny completely flushed when I installed it a year ago and the other day I serviced it (changed filter and as much fluid as I could) and the difference in shifts and that is unbelievable, like new again, and that fluid and filter was only a year old!

Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

KTASTRPHE wrote:
If it feels like it is kicking down when it shouldnt be, or not changing gear when it should, your kick down cable could be sticking or on its way out. Also check your tranny fluid.
But sounds like its something to do with your coil pack/dissy... Take it to a mechanic and describe the symptons, Im sure they could help identify it (I dont understand the term "quick down" though)

sorry mate meant kick down

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

twr7cx wrote:
How olds your tranny fluid? I had my tranny completely flushed when I installed it a year ago and the other day I serviced it (changed filter and as much fluid as I could) and the difference in shifts and that is unbelievable, like new again, and that fluid and filter was only a year old!

Yeah i think thats what im gonna have to do....going through the whole drain and refill the EL XR8 and from what im told its like $200 in fluid to completely fill....just didnt wanna have to do this to the 6 too :( same as i didnt wanna pay for a mechanic to tell me i need to top up the transfluid.

Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ef fairmont

NSW, Australia

i would also check trany oil may need a sevice. or you might have brokern the gearbox mount

Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Taken it too a good family friends workshop hopefully it isnt to serious

Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Big Kev wrote:
Taken it too a good family friends workshop hopefully it isnt to serious

Let us know about the prognosis. need to add it to the checklist in case we encounter the same symptoms.

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:52 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: 98 DL LTD | 71 XY

WA, Australia

Thats wot mines doin!.. the lil hicups really noticable when under 3000 and everynow and then even if ya foot stays in the same place on the pedel it might just decide to go fast for a bit n then it will slow again.

Idles like a dog aswell.. anyone else's prob like this?

RIP Scotty
Still Doin It For Ya Mate

Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:56 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EF2 Futura

VIC, Australia

Yup my ef does this to! Only when its running on petrol i must add. Doesnt do it on Lpg.... but i think it is something with the fuel system cause when i hold the accelerator at one point as someone said it either goes faster or it will jerk, then you push it abit further and it jumps and revs up quickly. Also idles like pos on both fuels :P

EF Fairmont - King Spring Lows, Monroe GT shocks, Avanti 17" Racing wheels, Sony CDX-GT500 HU, Kicker 6.2 splits, 2x 12inch Kickers, Powered by sweet gas injection!
Wrecking EF2 Futura

Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: 98 DL LTD | 71 XY

WA, Australia

defnitly the same problem that im having.. only thing is my motors only done almost 5000k's so i know that parts fine. I reckon its gotta be somethin on the inlet or something like that 2.. if some1 cant help me soon im gonna get it tuned its a real piss off

RIP Scotty
Still Doin It For Ya Mate

Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: WRX

Power: 132 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Big Kev arent you dead?

Car Killer.

Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:50 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EF2 Futura

VIC, Australia

Well my elder is a mechanic, i purchased the car from there company so im gonna get them on to it and see what they can come up with. If and what i find out ill let ya's know it seems that its happening to alot of ef's..... its bloody annoying we need to figure it out ;) im sick of gas it has no go! lol ill keep ya's posted on what they come up with

EF Fairmont - King Spring Lows, Monroe GT shocks, Avanti 17" Racing wheels, Sony CDX-GT500 HU, Kicker 6.2 splits, 2x 12inch Kickers, Powered by sweet gas injection!
Wrecking EF2 Futura

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 4  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next