What a weekend 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: What a weekend
Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:28 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EBII Fairmont Ghia

VIC, Australia

Well instead of going on the cruise (I should have) i went and got a new steering wheel for my car.

Genuine MOMO :D

Now getting the old one off was easy, shifter and hammer. Had to go to the neighbours for socket big enough to get the new one on. After a couple of drives got it in the right position. Now I then looked under my car saw coolant :( OK it's coming out the overflow, all good hadn't happened before but i did just give it a bootful, also more trans fluid then normally leaks (already spent about $400+ trying to fix this :evil: ) And also it's sometimes not starting first time and then running rough for a few seconds.

Now yesterday I thought I'd buy some injector cleaner put the whole bottle in, and flame away some trans stop leak which is supposed to give smoother changes (which it does). Now after it running hotter then usual 'M' (See pic above) I thought i'd bite the bullet and do something I'd been putting off. I went to the auto store bought 3 new hoses 5 litres of coolant new thermostat and new diff oil cause my LSD is starting to become a single-spinner.

After 3 hrs lots of hissy-fits all was done, stupid bottom hose, in the process I'd broken a wire off the alternator, so it was dark by the time I got to drive it.

Well it's now running cooler between just before 'N' to 'O' but it wasn't hot outside, will wait for that day. So fingers crossed it keeps starting properly.

Next on list is new coil, leads plugs dizzy cap and rotor (after chrissy)

So that was my weekend, lots of driving and spent about $700 including the wheel :cry: but damn that wheel is sexy and feels friggin awesome!

Fun fun

Ben

Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:52 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Toyota Supra RZ

VIC, Australia

hey man nice wheel.. got the same in mine (factory)

nice buttons.. any ideas where to get em? mine are grey/shagged from the sun.. they look mint :P

I'm guessing they're gonna cost a packet cause they're for the momo wheel?

Image[/img]

Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:18 am 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Good luck Glenn...
They're NLA, and rare as f**k second hand.
Nice wheel benji.
You mind me asking how much you picked it up for?
They are generally mighty expensive...

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:41 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EBII Fairmont Ghia

VIC, Australia

Yeah expensive, off eBay $550 I was the only one that bid? Can't really afford it but no regrets now, there is one without cruise going now for less then $200.

I'm real happy with the condition and the cruise buttons rock, I've heard some people use baby oil on the buttons, don't know about the success of this.

Ben

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]