Fordmods Logo

What does a police pack contain on a Ba xt i6 auto? 

 

Page 2 of 2 [ 30 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

 
Posted: Sun May 14, 2006 1:32 pm 
Tyre Shredder
Offline
User avatar

Age: 29

Posts: 334

Joined: 7th May 2005

Ride: BA Falcon

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

woulda blended in better if it had rims and an exhaust :P

personally i think cops should get a range of cars, i mean you wouldn't know what car was a cop and what wasn't so you would be less inclined to speed in traffic.

Rhyso

 

_________________

BA XT, typhoon intake, K&N filter, XR 17" wheels, red/black brakes, Ford scuff plates

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun May 14, 2006 9:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 33

Posts: 11791

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Holden VF Calais / NL FBT

Location: SE Melb
VIC, Australia

id never pick a taxi as a cop car!
that way they could get away with having all the antennas etc

I just look for the antenna on the back and the lights on the rear parcel or front dash

 

_________________

Nicko

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun May 14, 2006 9:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 5889

Joined: 2nd Mar 2006

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: '14 Grand Cherokee

Location: Port Lincoln
SA, Australia

well were i live the cop cars are all VZ Executives with all the usuals (checkerd things, massive aerials, big lights etc). and its easy to pick the unmarked ones. they r all VZ Execs in Martini Green with Massive aerials and SA Government plates lol

 

_________________

11/93 ED OPT20 GLi | Full Boat Spec

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun May 14, 2006 9:42 pm 
Fordmods Addict
Offline

Age: 32

Posts: 2245

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Ride: BA XR6T

Location: Bayswater
VIC, Australia

yeah and all the commodores have the fatter wheels/tyres on em, dead give away

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon May 15, 2006 8:42 am 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 38

Posts: 117

Joined: 3rd May 2006

Location: melbourne
VIC, Australia

DA S PAK wrote:
Uprated suspension
Uprated alternator
Chasers
LSD differential


Thats the main things on the BA... also the drill holes left from all there equipment.


Thanks for your information on the specs on the ba police pack.

Just wondering if you no anyone on here who has a specs sheet on a ba police pack.

Cheers
Mark.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon May 15, 2006 9:32 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 46

Posts: 1040

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EA Fairmont Ghia

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

They also have a different shifter in them, I am not sure exactley whats different, but I know that a police shifter is manufactured as opposed to an ordinary one.

 

_________________

Full working BA Shifter now upgraded to BF Shifter.
BA headlight inserts in my EA headlights.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon May 15, 2006 7:14 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 33

Posts: 18

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Ride: BA XR6

Location: perth
WA, Australia

i know in WA theres not much diff in the ex cop cars than the std model.
maybe lowered suspension and a 3:45 diff but thats it.
no fancy chips or gearbox's or anything, would cost the police department way too much considering how often they change their cars.

In WA a few years ago the cops had coloured XR8's and Gen3 executives
and even a couple of wrx's on trial but that is all gone now.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon May 15, 2006 7:36 pm 
Tyre Shredder
Offline

Age: 30

Posts: 376

Joined: 9th Feb 2006

Location: melbourne
VIC, Australia

leezels wrote:
i know in WA theres not much diff in the ex cop cars than the std model.
maybe lowered suspension and a 3:45 diff but thats it.
no fancy chips or gearbox's or anything, would cost the police department way too much considering how often they change their cars.

In WA a few years ago the cops had coloured XR8's and Gen3 executives
and even a couple of wrx's on trial but that is all gone now.


all manual and auto falcons (XT or XR's) come out with 3.45 diffs

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Ba police pack
Posted: Mon May 15, 2006 10:39 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 38

Posts: 117

Joined: 3rd May 2006

Location: melbourne
VIC, Australia

Dellboy999 wrote:
They also have a different shifter in them, I am not sure exactley whats different, but I know that a police shifter is manufactured as opposed to an ordinary one.


Thanks dellboy i think they would have a similar shifter to the commodore's were you can go from drive to second with out pushing the button on the t/bar.But thanks for ya info.

Cheers
Mark.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Ba ploice pack
Posted: Mon May 15, 2006 10:41 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 38

Posts: 117

Joined: 3rd May 2006

Location: melbourne
VIC, Australia

MYLO_XR6 wrote:
leezels wrote:
i know in WA theres not much diff in the ex cop cars than the std model.
maybe lowered suspension and a 3:45 diff but thats it.
no fancy chips or gearbox's or anything, would cost the police department way too much considering how often they change their cars.

In WA a few years ago the cops had coloured XR8's and Gen3 executives
and even a couple of wrx's on trial but that is all gone now.


all manual and auto falcons (XT or XR's) come out with 3.45 diffs


Thanks dude thats a good ratio to have the 3.45 and im guessing all police cars come with the lsd diff as well.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: unmarked
Posted: Mon May 15, 2006 10:54 pm 
Oompa Loompa
Offline
User avatar

Age: 40

Posts: 45

Joined: 15th Nov 2004

Ride: ba xr8 falcon

Location: panania
NSW, Australia

the best one i've seen is near drummoyne in sydney, silver ba xt copper trying to get me to race him or be an idiot ( sorry more of an idiot) pulls up next to me at the lights, sorta gave himself away with the "no smoking" label on the dash next to the radio hand peice. if they scream up your a*** quicker than a p plater in a ricer tis a good chance its a cop eh

 

_________________

http://www.bossv8dragracing.net
BOSS V8 Drag Racing. Proudly sponsored by Pole Position Images,Autobarn Bankstown BA XR8

S/F 1943
Street fighter winner, round 3 Sydney Dragway track championship 2009/10
3rd place overall in Street Fighter class Sydney Dragway track championship 2009/10

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue May 16, 2006 1:52 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 33

Posts: 18

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Ride: BA XR6

Location: perth
WA, Australia

the XT's didnt come std with a 3:45 diff. only a 3.23 single spinner. [/quote]
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Ba police pack
Posted: Tue May 16, 2006 2:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 46

Posts: 1040

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EA Fairmont Ghia

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

effalcon6 wrote:
Dellboy999 wrote:
They also have a different shifter in them, I am not sure exactley whats different, but I know that a police shifter is manufactured as opposed to an ordinary one.


Thanks dellboy i think they would have a similar shifter to the commodore's were you can go from drive to second with out pushing the button on the t/bar.But thanks for ya info.

Cheers
Mark.


The BA/BF only have P R N D thats it, I would guess they are made of slightly stronger material given the p[olice abuse, i think they have also had + and - swapped around to make everything consistent within the fleet.

 

_________________

Full working BA Shifter now upgraded to BF Shifter.
BA headlight inserts in my EA headlights.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue May 16, 2006 7:43 pm 
Tyre Shredder
Offline

Age: 31

Posts: 331

Joined: 2nd Dec 2004

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

hey smiley235
which auctions did u pick up ur ba?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: option 20
Posted: Wed May 17, 2006 10:51 pm 
Oompa Loompa
Offline
User avatar

Age: 40

Posts: 45

Joined: 15th Nov 2004

Ride: ba xr8 falcon

Location: panania
NSW, Australia

hey guys while were talking bout ex police cars, ive got an ef x copper 6 pack, does the option 20 include suspension on that model and is it the tickford suspension, because it has been lowered (not by the previous owner though because they were in their 70's) thanx

 

_________________

http://www.bossv8dragracing.net
BOSS V8 Drag Racing. Proudly sponsored by Pole Position Images,Autobarn Bankstown BA XR8

S/F 1943
Street fighter winner, round 3 Sydney Dragway track championship 2009/10
3rd place overall in Street Fighter class Sydney Dragway track championship 2009/10

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 29 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:10 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names