What Mods do i need fit 6 speed to Ba ute 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: What Mods do i need fit 6 speed to Ba ute
Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:05 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: FG 2010 XR8 Ute

WA, Australia

Hi guys i tried searching but gave up trying to find the infomation i want

i can get my hands on a BF typhon 6 speed gearbox with bell housing. now i know it will bolt into my BA XR6 Ute (5 speed non turbo) but i need to get a tail shaft for a 6 speed and what mods do i need to do to it to make it fit the ute
also do i need to change the fly wheel? coz i see there are 3 listings for different ring gear, non turbo/ turbo under270kw and turbo over 270kw
what clutch would you use as i'm going to supercharge or turbo (havent decided yet but moving towards turbo as i can get more power out of a turbo) was thinking just get typhon clutch or good aftermarket one
are the master cylinder and slave cylinders the same or do i need to replace them also
umm is there anything else i need to worry about
cheers

Post subject: Re: What Mods do i need fit 6 speed to Ba ute
Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

comagutsa wrote:
Hi guys i tried searching but gave up trying to find the infomation i want

i can get my hands on a BF typhon 6 speed gearbox with bell housing. now i know it will bolt into my BA XR6 Ute (5 speed non turbo) but i need to get a tail shaft for a 6 speed and what mods do i need to do to it to make it fit the ute
also do i need to change the fly wheel? coz i see there are 3 listings for different ring gear, non turbo/ turbo under270kw and turbo over 270kw
what clutch would you use as i'm going to supercharge or turbo (havent decided yet but moving towards turbo as i can get more power out of a turbo) was thinking just get typhon clutch or good aftermarket one
are the master cylinder and slave cylinders the same or do i need to replace them also
umm is there anything else i need to worry about
cheers

Master Cylinder is the same, Slave is different. 5spd cutches can be used, flywheel is slightly different for the 6spd clutch as it is 0.5" larger. Gearbox mount and crossmember are different, as well as the tailshaft. The box will bolt up to your existing clutch (done it, so don't say it can't be done) you will need to get a 6spd tailshaft or do what my mate did and get a custom tailshaft with a Uni at the front instead of the rubber thing.

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]