what next? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Post subject: what next?
Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:59 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 2004 BA 6cyl

VIC, Australia

Hey all just looking for some advice.
Im not the smartest at all when it comes to cars but like everyone i love the thrill of flooring your car!

Ive got a 2004 BA 6 cyl non turbo (on my p's) with
-Wild cat headers
-2 inch cat back system
- Growler cold air intake

Im just wondering what i should go for next. Crow cams or Flash tuner? Or any other mods you guys could recomend?

cheers all. Rob :D

Post subject: Re: what next?
Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:10 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: BA XT '02

NT, Australia

if you love the thrill of flooring your car like i do :D
get atomic cams... most b series people get atomic stage two, but stage 3 shouldnt be a problem.... a few people with b series falcons have tried crow cams (even if theyre "the best") and said that it's a b**ch to get tuned and $$$$$ :(

once you get cams and all and i see youve already got a full exhaust system, maybe it's time to start thinking about a tune as well?

n/a falcons can get at least 180 rwkw - 200rwkw (assuming the products/modifications are descent quality)

Holden = Hope Our Luck Doesn't End Now

Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:10 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 07 BF XR6 Sedan

QLD, Australia

hey mate you will need flash tuner to run cams.. So do both hahaha

Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:27 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

great i checked out the atomic cams but there in sydney. Do you guys happen to know of any ones down in melb?

thanks

Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:34 am 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

Yer im running atomic gear in my n/a way better then anything out there.. Give Brad a call at atomic he will help you out. Stage 3 atomics would be perfect for a daily driver.

Check my build thread out on other things you can do.

Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:38 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Ride: 2013 Ford Focus ST

Power: 175 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Hey mate, i am in a similar position to you with my BF, done the basic mods but i want to do everything i need before i get a tune so i only need to tune once. The other thing is i dont want to go crazy with the mods, basically the best bang for buck is what i am after. I will be fitting an under drive pulley kit, they are only a few hundred bux and give you good high end torque, perhaps look into that as well? I heard changing the cams in the ba/bf isn't worth it as much as the e series cars due to the cost and the minimum gains

Trav - what do you think the atomic stage 3 cams are worth?

I will be keeping my eye on this thread to see what others suggest so i can pinch some ideas lol

Cheers
Phil

ps lol the stage 5 battle master cams sounds cool hahaha - http://www.atomicperformanceproducts.com/camshafts.html

I hate arriving at my destination as then I have to get out of my car!

New Build Thread
the-garage-f53/the-beast-v2-0-phil-s-2013-ford-focus-st-t122703.html

Old Build Thread
the-garage-f53/phil-s-bf-sr-gt-build-thread-lots-of-pics-t98705.html

Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: 03 BA Fairmont

QLD, Australia

phil545 wrote:
Hey mate, i am in a similar position to you with my BF, done the basic mods but i want to do everything i need before i get a tune so i only need to tune once. The other thing is i dont want to go crazy with the mods, basically the best bang for buck is what i am after. I will be fitting an under drive pulley kit, they are only a few hundred bux and give you good high end torque, perhaps look into that as well? I heard changing the cams in the ba/bf isn't worth it as much as the e series cars due to the cost and the minimum gains

Trav - what do you think the atomic stage 3 cams are worth?

I will be keeping my eye on this thread to see what others suggest so i can pinch some ideas lol

Cheers
Phil

ps lol the stage 5 battle master cams sounds cool hahaha - http://www.atomicperformanceproducts.com/camshafts.html

there is a price list on atomic cams website:
Quote:
306550-pr Cams, 257/257 DOHC 6 cyl $1,155.00 Stage 3 High performance inlet and exhaust cams suit DOHC For

+fitting + tune

Regards,
Punnisher_42

Favorite Quotes:
"Sportwagon = homo-erotic wank-fest." - downingj

Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:17 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

What I feel can be a problem when getting a n/a6 is that many tuners are not to bothered the chase the tune as much as if it was a turbo car.. I see many people only gain 10rwkw from a tune.. Now regardless of my overal power figure when I got my car first tuned is I got 21rwkw gain from the tune. And I know my tuner zain spent 5hrs on the tune trying to get the beat out of it..

Stage 3 atomic cams are $1150 a fair bit more then crow but I feel the setup is alot better. It can be expensive to fit and tune them but if you have a good tuner who will chase the tune good gains torque and power will be made..

Ohhh yes the battle masters lol massive!!!!!!!! Mine are a touch smaller then that haha man they would be a prick to tune

Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:39 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

im thinking bout getting the x3 flash tune.

like ive said ive got the growler, catback and extractors. What rwkw should i expect fro this tune? cheers

Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:57 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 2004 ba xr6 turbo

NSW, Australia

u will see a wayy better gain from a custom dyno tune.. like trav said before, ppl only see 10rwkw gains from generic tunes from capa, or were ever u get it from, which is what happened to me, but i spent the extra $$$ to get it custom dynoed tuned...what a good decision that was.. i made 151rwkw from generic tune and xaust (full system) but after custom tune was 166rwkw, which made such a difference to the feel of the car, alot more responsive, and threw me back into my seat alot harder and kept me there..lol

i reckon cams are great if u can afford them, it is true that they cost more than wat they put out, but if properly tuned with ur other mods, u will see MASSIVE torque gains from 40kmph - 100kmph

my mate put stage 3 crow cam in his na xr6 and actually LOST power from 0 - 40kmph, massive gains from 40 ++ then seemed pretty average (nothing changed) from 120++, but he went and got it custom tuned, and everything evened out nicely, he saw gains all the way through the rev range from0 all the way to 6000rpm...

but i would say expect between 150rwkw and 170rwkw DEPENDING on if u flash or dyno...and other circumstances aswell

Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:17 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

Great advice!!!^^^

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 11 posts ]