Fordmods Logo

What valve springs do I have? 

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: What valve springs do I have?
Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:28 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

of course, dont always stick to a brand because its popular, find something that works well in your engine and stick to that...

our other au has less km then mine and runs quieter and smoother on valvoline durablend 10w 40.. so thats whats used in that.

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Ef Fairmont

NSW, Australia

TROYMAN wrote:
of course, dont always stick to a brand because its popular, find something that works well in your engine and stick to that...

our other au has less km then mine and runs quieter and smoother on valvoline durablend 10w 40.. so thats whats used in that.

Another for the individual engine point, I put Valvoline engine Armour in the ef before the head was done and about 500km into driving after the change and I could smell s**t cooking inside the engine and some weird noises. Dropped the Valvoline for Nulon and it all went away. Just think my Ef likes Nulon, thought Penrite would be better oil and a " spoil" after the head got done but obviously being a true female the b**ch don't like to be spoilt. Treat em mean maybe lol, Ill give the b**ch some No frills stuff and she might love me forever.
Is that Lucas engine oil stabilizer any good?

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: ef falcon futura

Power: 154 rwkw

VIC, Australia

79raven wrote:
TROYMAN wrote:

Another for the individual engine point, I put Valvoline engine Armour in the ef before the head was done and about 500km into driving after the change and I could smell s**t cooking inside the engine and some weird noises. Dropped the Valvoline for Nulon and it all went away. Just think my Ef likes Nulon, thought Penrite would be better oil and a " spoil" after the head got done but obviously being a true female the b**ch don't like to be spoilt. Treat em mean maybe lol, Ill give the b**ch some No frills stuff and she might love me forever.
Is that Lucas engine oil stabilizer any good?

i'd only use a stabilizer ( and my engine builder says the same and he is a seller of it) if you have no other option but to use cheap s**t oil. otherwise you'll be better off just paying for the oil that the car likes, even if it is more expensive

ef futura, pacemakers, 2.5inch catback, k&n panel filter and 3.45 lsd. extractors/cat, ticky head, custom cam grind, t5. now onto cosmetics.

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I was joking about the no frills sorry. I am looking at a cleaner, then drop a new filter with Nulon 15/40 oil with maybe some stabilizer stuff in it. WOuld the Lucas stuff be worth using or just stick with the oil the car likes and forget the Lucas stuff? Sorry, really dont want to drop the oil again in 1000km lol, so is the Lucas stuff any good?

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: ef falcon futura

Power: 154 rwkw

VIC, Australia

im not sure what its like. as i said my engine bloke said its ok but there is no need to use it if you are running a good oil. my advice is if the car liked nulon before, run that and if still happens drop some stabiliser in until the next service. dont drop the oil after 1000ks

ef futura, pacemakers, 2.5inch catback, k&n panel filter and 3.45 lsd. extractors/cat, ticky head, custom cam grind, t5. now onto cosmetics.

Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:51 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: S1 eb 5speed

NSW, Australia

I've found the only way to shush em up is to get the oil up there.
I'd run a flush through it, drain it whilst the oils hot, drain it for aslong as possible. Replace filter, and I'd just grab a cheap 10/30 oil. Put the perfect amount in and take it for a drive up a steep hill flat out. Like try and keep it above 3500rpm. Do it a few times (don't overheat it obviously).
If this dosnt quieten it up then you'll be replacing the lifter.
If it does then run that cheap oil for a further 2000ks and change to a quality oil.
I used to run nulon, changed to penrite, hated it now I'm running Fuchs. the best I've used in her.

Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:54 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Cheers Pakrat. Yeah definitely the way to go running a second batch in the car after a flush. I have some cheapish Shell oil here ready for that now.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2