Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:50 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: AU I forte

WA, Australia

hows it diffrent? much better?

PH 4480 racing extractors
lukey 2.5" sports exhaust
Chopper 19"x245 mags
pioneer deck, 6"x1.5" Splits (F) and 6" 3-way speakers (R)
Precision response 4x 100w amp and 1000w mono 10" sub
Got so much more to go!
tint, breaks and spoiler next!

Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:52 pm 
Tyre Shredder

WA, Australia

i've heard of that, o-ring, thats where they get a copper sheath and plasma weld it to the inside of the piston, are there any cons? what are the pros? how much does it cost?

Chopper 19"x245 mags
Got so much more to go!

Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

You can;'t get aftermarket heads for the 3.9 and 4.0L SOHC I6's. Can get aftermarket companies whove worked genuine Ford heads though.

When you buy welsh plugs go the brass last longer than the steel and price difference is nothing.

ACL do good gaskets. Only gasket to go genuine for is the AU head gasket as it's the metal one were ACL's replacement is not metal. When you buy ACL gaskets, ask if they have the Ezyfit ones aswell (same part number, but EZ on the end and packaging is red, not blue), often it is the same gasket, but cheaper. However, don't buy ACL EzyFit headgaskets!!! As these are not monotorque, and require that you open the rocker cover again later and check head bolt tensions.

Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: 1994 ED XR8 Sprint

QLD, Australia

bradders wrote:
i've heard of that, o-ring, thats where they get a copper sheath and plasma weld it to the inside of the piston, are there any cons? what are the pros? how much does it cost?

WTF????

O-ringing the block involves machining a groove into the deck of the block (the surface that the head bolts onto) around each bore and a wire ring is placed into the groove, head gasket placed over the top and the head is bolted down on top of it all, the wire ring essentially increases the clamping pressure on the head gasket where the ring is, and increases the head gaskets resistance to being blown out into the water jacket from the pressure of combustion, O-ringing is not to be confused with the fire ring on a conventional composite gasket, the fire ring simply reduced the damage to the gasket from the heat/pressure of combustion

copper head gaskets are a soft, solid metal head gasket that is less prone to blowouts than a conventional composite gasket, although if they arent annealed (heat treated) properly, they have a habit of leaking

Banned

Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:49 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: xf s-pack

NSW, Australia

Interceptor wrote:
bradders wrote:

WTF????

O-ringing the block involves machining a groove into the deck of the block (the surface that the head bolts onto) around each bore and a wire ring is placed into the groove, head gasket placed over the top and the head is bolted down on top of it all, the wire ring essentially increases the clamping pressure on the head gasket where the ring is, and increases the head gaskets resistance to being blown out into the water jacket from the pressure of combustion, O-ringing is not to be confused with the fire ring on a conventional composite gasket, the fire ring simply reduced the damage to the gasket from the heat/pressure of combustion

copper head gaskets are a soft, solid metal head gasket that is less prone to blowouts than a conventional composite gasket, although if they arent annealed (heat treated) properly, they have a habit of leaking

spot on mate.

FOR CUSTOM MADE VINYL GRAPHICS, STICKERS OR DECALS, EMAIL ME AT joeboo@optusnet.com.au

IT DOES'NT MATER IF YOU WIN BY AN INCH OR A MILE, WINNING'S WINNING

Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:41 pm 
Tyre Shredder

WA, Australia

joeboo wrote:
Interceptor wrote:
bradders wrote:

WTF????

spot on mate.
is there such a thing as i mentioned before? i heard of it from my mates brother.

Chopper 19"x245 mags
Got so much more to go!

Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: GTHO PH 1 EF ex chaser

QLD, Australia

Get the correct information from your mates brother I think either he doesn't know S**T or you got it all twisted up :roll: :roll: :roll:

Rotten Old Revhead!!! XW GTHO + EF ex cop car (exractors 2.5 cat back zorst !6" Simmons K&N +airbox mods Lowered with Bilstein shocks+Whiteline Bars NEXT THING Swap HO for GTP or Ferrari!

Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:03 pm 
Tyre Shredder

WA, Australia

it sounds feasable, so, such a thing is not done any where on any motor?

Chopper 19"x245 mags
Got so much more to go!

Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:06 pm 
Tyre Shredder

WA, Australia

maybe i misunderstood what he was saying

Chopper 19"x245 mags
Got so much more to go!

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2