Fordmods Logo

Whats legal and Whats not? P Plate Modding... 

Page 2 of 7 [ 101 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:08 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

GeZza200 wrote:
here we go

RESTRICTIONS ON DRIVING HIGH POWERED VEHICLESIf you are a probationary driver and obtained your licence after 1 July 2007, you can't drive a vehicle with:

An engine of eight or more cylinders
A turbocharged or supercharged engine
Certain high performance six cylinder engines
An engine that has been modified to increase the vehicle's performance.

Also when i got my P's none of that stuff applied, im on the 150kw per tonne restriction

if that is how it is worded in legislation it will be taken legally in its natural and ordinary meaning. The issue then is whether "engine" includes exhaust, which I would doubt, meaning that any factor in the exhaust system could be changed as long as your car stays under the high performance category. 125kw x 1.6 = 200kw.....I highly doubt a car with extractors and exhaust would make 200fwkw 8-)

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:09 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

which is most likely why i am still covered by insurance, as my cam is mild and not detectable until you remove the rocker cover and check shims

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:11 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: 98 EL Futura

Power: 199 rwkw

VIC, Australia

my car with the full exhaust and intake made 130rwkw which is about 180ish at the engine, and the engine is gettin complete rebuild with ACL race pistons and few other bits an peices and i will see how much it pull after with the cam an vernier gear. I think 200fwkw would be about right if not more

EL Futura: CVE head, Wolf V500, ICE Ignition and Coil, 36lb injectors, Walbro 255lb, Paci comps, 3" exhaust, T5, Harrop Truetrac with 3.9s. Now with 198.9rwkw, (~185rwkw and 13.80 @99.1mph) with more power to come

Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:12 am 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

go a cam they will never catch you, i have one in my EA

and a catback with only one muffler, all good

Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:16 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EL Fairmont

VIC, Australia

madness.. yeah, its not like they can xray ur engine and see what uve got haha. i think as long as it stays under the power for rate ratio then it will be alright.. :) i hope..

1997 EL Fairmont [EHELL] Mods: 2.5" straight through Redback Mandrel Bent Exhaust from cat back, BA XR8 18" Replica's, LPG conversion, Kingspring Superlows - front and rear, Monroe GT lowered shocks all round, Clear side repetors, FPV front floor mats..

Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:17 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

yeah, but you wont go over 200fwkw in auto with full exhaust and unopened engine

EVL098 wrote:

Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:21 am 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

usual - cam, zorst, intake and you're sweet

or just buy another car :)

Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:26 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

yerrrr... i reckon the cam, zorst and intake will all ill be doing perfomance wise for a while as i will also get my car lowered and then work toward getting sound system in :)

its more than enough anyway for a 1st year driver.. when i get off my P's im buying a BA XR8 i hope :) one day...

1997 EL Fairmont [EHELL] Mods: 2.5" straight through Redback Mandrel Bent Exhaust from cat back, BA XR8 18" Replica's, LPG conversion, Kingspring Superlows - front and rear, Monroe GT lowered shocks all round, Clear side repetors, FPV front floor mats..

Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:26 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

yeah and manal conversion and/or diff gears... it's not really worth doing much else as any more engine work/lumpier cams make it more obvious your car is worked

EVL098 wrote:

Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:28 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

what are diff gears? ive heard them mentioned abit :| :)

manual conversion is something i wud seriously look into down the track, but it depends how much i love my car... which i hope will be alot

Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:32 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

diff gears....you know what a differential is? the bit under the back of the car that drives the axles?

the input shaft is what goes from the gearbox to the diff (the straight long thing down the centre of the car that spins). The gears in the diff determine how many times the input shaft spins compared to the driving wheel. So stock (in my car) 3.08:1 ratio means the input shaft will spin 3.08 times for every 1 rotation of the driving wheel. Putting in say 3.7:1 will mean the input shaft spins 3.7 timessfor every 1 rotation of the driving wheel.

Easiest way to understand it: staying in first gear in auto at 5000rpm the 3.08 diff will be somewhere are 90km/h, where's the 3.7 diff will be (im guessing) 70-80km/h? Shorter gearing like this will make a car accelerate faster and get better fuel economy around town, as you will be in 4th gear for lower speeds (and therefor less revs) but will make highway consumption go up as the car will rev higher on the highway.

Before fitting a cam I would recommend diff gears be changed to either 3.7 or 4.11 (if you don't go on the highway ever) or 3.45 if you do a lot of 100km/h+ driving.

EVL098 wrote:

Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:35 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

i think 3.7 with auto will rev at about 2000 at 100km/h

EVL098 wrote:

Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Cheers for that mate, another day another thing learned... better get back to paying attention in class lol.. @ school :(

Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

haha....trust me, it beats uni...

EVL098 wrote:

Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

haha fuk uni lol

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 7  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next