Fordmods Logo

Whats legal and Whats not? P Plate Modding... 

Page 6 of 7 [ 101 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EL Fairmont

VIC, Australia

ok here it is from vic roads itself:

P1 requirements include…

Must stay on a P1 licence for at least 12 months
No mobile phone use of any kind.
P1 driver can only carry one passenger aged between 16 and 21.
No towing (unless for work or if under instruction).
Restrictions on driving high powered vehicles
Drink driving offenders may have an alcohol interlock fitted to their vehicle
Any licence suspension, drink driving offence with a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) up to 0.05, or drug driving offence will result in an extension of the P1 licence period for six months, plus the period of suspension.
If the P1 licence is suspended, a passenger limit of one will apply for the remainder of the P1 period.
Other existing P provisions will also apply.

1997 EL Fairmont [EHELL] Mods: 2.5" straight through Redback Mandrel Bent Exhaust from cat back, BA XR8 18" Replica's, LPG conversion, Kingspring Superlows - front and rear, Monroe GT lowered shocks all round, Clear side repetors, FPV front floor mats..

Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

FPV GT Alex wrote:
so on what grounds did he have the right to pull u over and inspect your car if u dont have restrictions?
thats wierd...

Suspicion. If they have any reason to believe your car is modded illegally then they can go through it with a fine toothed comb.

Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

actually i just read on the vic roads site that ur not allowed to touch exhaust.. ESPECIALLY it says, Extractors...

oh well, good luck 2 them

1997 EL Fairmont [EHELL] Mods: 2.5" straight through Redback Mandrel Bent Exhaust from cat back, BA XR8 18" Replica's, LPG conversion, Kingspring Superlows - front and rear, Monroe GT lowered shocks all round, Clear side repetors, FPV front floor mats..

Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

Good luck to the cops trying to find the mods or good luck to the kiddies who have fitted an exhaust?

Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:01 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

FPV GT Alex wrote:
anyway, is that just for P1's P2's or both?
And im pretty sure you are wrong...

Yeah doesnt sound right at all..
Mate I know im right as i've contacted TMU, Vic Roads, been through the website and called various exahust places...

and yes the modification guide is for both p1 and p2 (applies only to p2 plates AFTER july 2008)

Secondly your wrong about "not being about to touch the exhaust", the legislation states that you cannot MODIFIY a veichle so that the engine produces more power, therefore any mod to the engine line that increases performance,.......removing a resignator does not

Cheers
- Ash

Sucessful trades with Schmee, Braidy, Niko, The_Ghost, YBHVE4, Stalker

Speed determines how fast you hit the Traffic Light....Power determines how far you take it with you.

Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Hybrid34 wrote:
FPV GT Alex wrote:
anyway, is that just for P1's P2's or both?
And im pretty sure you are wrong...

Yeah doesnt sound right at all..
Mate I know im right as i've contacted TMU, Vic Roads, been through the website and called various exahust places...

and yes the modification guide is for both p1 and p2 (applies only to p2 plates AFTER july 2008)

Secondly your wrong about "not being about to touch the exhaust", the legislation states that you cannot MODIFIY a veichle so that the engine produces more power, therefore any mod to the engine line that increases performance,.......removing a resignator does not

Cheers
- Ash

Yeah after doing more reading on the VIC Roads site i discovered that u specifically cant do ANYTHING that increases engine power, including exhaust and SPECIFICALY extractors..

Your right im wrong lol, but as JET said before, who gives a f@ck lol as long as ur not being an idiot or ur car is a mess.. :P

Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

xcabbi wrote:
Good luck to the cops trying to find the mods or good luck to the kiddies who have fitted an exhaust?

gud luk to the cops, as if they dont have other things to worry about..

besides its only a fine and loss of demirt points IF you are caught..

Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

haha damn...if it only had no "engine" modifications you would be right with exhaust and extractors as legally its read in natural and ordinary meaning. Once they start including things like extractors it pretty much extends the meaning to include everything to do with the engine (intake modifications etc), plus then there's the finale which is "anything that increases power"

ouch to be on new p laws

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

its beyond a joke im actually going to move state...

Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

i take that back no way lol... but still.... its not fair 'sob, sob'

i wander whose grand scheme this is anyway

Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:20 pm 
Site Admin

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: AUII V8 LTD

Power: 270 rwkw

NSW, Australia

How do they prove the KW/tonne measurement? I assume they measure the power at the flywheel (to assist in calculating a suitable car using manufacturers specification). So if you're pulled over and they suspect you of exceeding the given ratio, will they pull out your engine and put it on an engine dyno? hmm!

WAG363: AUII LTD Supercharged 363 Dart Stroker [Supercharged 363 LTD Build]
WAGGIN: 2012 Volkswagen Passat Wagon - V6 4Motion.

Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

did u read the rest of this thread? in VIC im pretty sure the rules have changed to be the same as the current NSW P laws... That is... ANY mods 2 ur car, FINE + DEMERIT points on the spot.. That includes a $20 pod filter on a stock car which wud proabaly decrease performance lol, but its still a 'mod'

Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:30 pm 
Site Admin

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: AUII V8 LTD

Power: 270 rwkw

NSW, Australia

I read the first couple of pages. My bad :P

That's pretty f**k up! Cam's and flash tunes are the way to go!

WAG363: AUII LTD Supercharged 363 Dart Stroker [Supercharged 363 LTD Build]
WAGGIN: 2012 Volkswagen Passat Wagon - V6 4Motion.

Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

What happens if your on ya P's and also hold an endorsed lic, like a MR or HR or something else nowadays? Do the car restrictions still apply?

Back when i was 19 i got my MR lic, was driving a 16.5t gross rigid to make a living, and Vic roads & even the cops adv me i no longer had any of the normal P plate restrictions. Which was great, i turbo'd my torana for a couple mths before i pulled it off the road, and used to drive a XD 351 clevo wagon to a trailer a lot. I also didn't hang my P plates after i got my MR. Never once was i hassled about it!

Got pulled over a few times, but the coppers never bothered me once they seen the " Heavy Vehicle License " on the top of my lic. They just checked it was valid & told me to have a good one. :D

Was i just get lucky?

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

i reckon ill join the army, apparently u move straight 2 ur full licence.. if not by the time im out ill be a quallified sparky, cash loaded and off my P's :) :)

Sort by  
 Page 6 of 7  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next