Whats the weak link on an e series 4.0l 

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:30 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EF 95' Fairmont

WA, Australia

voxace wrote:
Bug wrote:
I dont have a rev limiter for some reason so I watched the needle go all the way to max and then some.. The power dropoff after 5500 is quite sharp.

Yeah ya do. EF/EL is limited at 5700.

I have a video of mine going way past max, but that was just the inertia of the needle. If I hold it there it settles at 5700 :)

My mates EL since it been converted to GAS ive seen the needle go around till about 7500 before we backed it off changed it to fuel nad had limiter then :O ... That was being Free Revved though if it's on the raod the ECU will pick up when it chantges gears etc so the gas does havea rev limiter then

Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:09 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: 1994 ED Fairmont

QLD, Australia

I dont think you could say the headgasket is such a weakness, when ya replace it with an AU one and AU bolts its almost guaranteed to never happen again..

I think the weakness in these 4L are the timing chain and guides setup. its crap and designed to f**k out.

1994 ED Fairmont Champaign Gold - AU Series II Intech 4.0L - EL EFI - Thermo Fans - 4.11 LSD - Pacemaker 4480 Into Custom 3" Exhaust - Shift Kit
In Progress: EL 4 Speed Auto- 3000 STALL - To be fitted
EF Tickford Race Spec Head Port- In the shop
Custom SureCam - Chiptorque

Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:33 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EL XR6 5spd

Cy4NiD3 wrote:
voxace wrote:
Bug wrote:
I dont have a rev limiter for some reason so I watched the needle go all the way to max and then some.. The power dropoff after 5500 is quite sharp.

Yeah ya do. EF/EL is limited at 5700.

I have a video of mine going way past max, but that was just the inertia of the needle. If I hold it there it settles at 5700 :)

My mates EL since it been converted to GAS ive seen the needle go around till about 7500 before we backed it off changed it to fuel nad had limiter then :O ... That was being Free Revved though if it's on the raod the ECU will pick up when it chantges gears etc so the gas does havea rev limiter then

Thats pretty much my situation. The gas system decides when the injectors are active.. Theres never any bouncing off the rev limiter feeling.. Not that i've spent too much time in those revs..

EL XR6 5spd

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2