Fordmods Logo

Where is the O2 sensor supposed to be connected? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: Where is the O2 sensor supposed to be connected?
Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:43 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: Falcon GLI

WA, Australia

I just checked my O2 sensor. Sure enough it sits in the exhaust manifold. However, the other side was completely loose; not attached to anything!!! The exhaust manifold also melted some of the insulated wrap. Anyway, does anyone know what it's supposed to connect up to? I'd like to know so I can sort out my porblem asap.

Thankyou!

Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: BF MKII V8 Fairmont Ghia

WA, Australia

there will be a connector around the steering arm thingo near shock tower. just to the left of the exhaust manifold, its just a connector, within about 30cm of the oxy sensor, just have a look cant really miss it doubt anything else will fit in

2007 Steel BF Ghia MKII V8 - 19" GTP's + Superlows

Post subject: I found it!
Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:40 am 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

Thankyou, yes I did find it. It's just that when it was disconnected it was actually running in between 2 ports of the exhaust manifold toward the engine block. So I looked around there, of course. Found it was melted, so replaced it for $77 from Coventrys.

There's definitely an imporvement, but it still runs a bit crap on petrol. Runs well on gas though. I think I'll just blame the head-gasket for now. 2 weeks and I'll get the head shaved 40 thou and an AU steel head gasket and a Crow medium performance cam. All in all, it should go a bit better.

Post subject: Re: I found it!
Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:22 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: PX2 Ranger 4x4 XLT Dual CAB

VIC, Australia

spvd02 wrote:
There's definitely an imporvement, but it still runs a bit crap on petrol. Runs well on gas though.

If its running well on gas then more than likely your head is ok. Most likely the rough running will be something that is only used for petrol, not common with the LPG side. Such as dirty injectors, fuel pump, fuel pressure.

She's meanness put to music and the b**ch is born to run!
Like the sign says, "speed's just a question of money. How fast can you go?"

Post subject: maybe
Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:20 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

Maybe the injectors are blocked, or one might be leaking. This is quite common for cars that run on gas but rarely on petrol. Owners tend to not use petrol at all, which is when the injectors block up. So I might need a carbon clean one day...

The head is gone, though. It's leaking out the exhaust side (apparently this is where they usually leak) and the whole side of the engine is wet. So yeah, I am a little surprised it still runs quite well on gas. It's losing coolant through the head as well as through the water pump. However, this will be fixed!!! I've been waiting too long over the christmas break, so I'm itching for it to get done now. 9 days and counting...

Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: PX2 Ranger 4x4 XLT Dual CAB

VIC, Australia

If its leaking coolant out and down the side of the block it may not be leaking into a cylinder, therefore not effecting performance. Only a problem with loss of coolant. Of course this is now, later it may fail inwards.

She's meanness put to music and the b**ch is born to run!
Like the sign says, "speed's just a question of money. How fast can you go?"

Post subject: ohhh...
Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:44 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

Interesting, I hadn't thought of that. You could be right. I don't know if it's psychological, but I do think she has been smoother, on both gas and petrol, so perhaps it is starting to fail inwards. The AU steel gasket should fix all my woes.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]