Fordmods Logo

Where is the oil filter on a BF falcon? 

 

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

 
 Post subject: Where is the oil filter on a BF falcon?
Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:16 pm 
Tyre Shredder
Offline
User avatar

Age: 29

Posts: 321

Joined: 17th Nov 2009

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BF XT Falcon

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Bit of a noob question i know.. but i cant see it from looking above the engine,

Is it located underneath? i want to change my oil this weekend and id love to know where it is.

will i need to jack the front end up to get to it?

Cheers.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Where is the oil filter on a BF falcon?
Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:40 pm 
Moderator
Offline

Posts: 14513

Joined: 7th Nov 2004

Ride: ford falcon au3 xr8

Location: a shit suburb in sydney
NSW, Australia

its in the the same spot as all 6 cyl falcons. on passenger side behind a/c compressor, best to get it from underneath..
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Where is the oil filter on a BF falcon?
Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 30

Posts: 673

Joined: 23rd Jul 2011

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: XG

Location: Bendigo
VIC, Australia

lowie57 wrote:
Bit of a noob question i know.. but i cant see it from looking above the engine,

Is it located underneath? i want to change my oil this weekend and id love to know where it is.

will i need to jack the front end up to get to it?

Cheers.

dude that's whats this place for, just ignore people that go at you for doing so.

also be sure to get a workshop manual for your BF has that will answer lot of questions for you.

cheers.

 

_________________

XG Ute - 3 Seater - Auto - Dual Fuel

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Where is the oil filter on a BF falcon?
Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 2563

Joined: 19th Feb 2007

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: 98 EL Futura

Power: 199 rwkw

Location: Lilydale
VIC, Australia

oze-ford wrote:
lowie57 wrote:
Bit of a noob question i know.. but i cant see it from looking above the engine,

Is it located underneath? i want to change my oil this weekend and id love to know where it is.

will i need to jack the front end up to get to it?

Cheers.

dude that's whats this place for, just ignore people that go at you for doing so.

also be sure to get a workshop manual for your BF has that will answer lot of questions for you.

cheers.


+1 this forum shoots alot of people down for questions like this, everyone has to start somewhere. Autobarn, Repco and Bursons should sell a BF workshop manual if you don't already have one.

 

_________________

EL Futura: CVE head, Wolf V500, ICE Ignition and Coil, 36lb injectors, Walbro 255lb, Paci comps, 3" exhaust, T5, Harrop Truetrac with 3.9s. Now with 198.9rwkw, (~185rwkw and 13.80 @99.1mph) with more power to come

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Where is the oil filter on a BF falcon?
Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:48 pm 
Tyre Shredder
Offline
User avatar

Age: 29

Posts: 321

Joined: 17th Nov 2009

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BF XT Falcon

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

yeah i know alot people do that, thats why i was a bit hesitant at asking, ive been on the forums for a while now, and see people getting flamed/put down for simple questions lol.

Thanks for the replies guys, also, any oil filters people would recommend? im assuming they are much of the same with different price tags?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Where is the oil filter on a BF falcon?
Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:55 pm 
Moderator
Offline

Posts: 14513

Joined: 7th Nov 2004

Ride: ford falcon au3 xr8

Location: a shit suburb in sydney
NSW, Australia

lowie57 wrote:
yeah i know alot people do that, thats why i was a bit hesitant at asking, ive been on the forums for a while now, and see people getting flamed/put down for simple questions lol.

Thanks for the replies guys, also, any oil filters people would recommend? im assuming they are much of the same with different price tags?


go with the genuine motorcraft filter...
some cheap no name filters afe not as good...
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Where is the oil filter on a BF falcon?
Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 30

Posts: 673

Joined: 23rd Jul 2011

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: XG

Location: Bendigo
VIC, Australia

TROYMAN wrote:
go with the genuine motorcraft filter...
some cheap no name filters afe not as good...


yeah they go for $10 on ebay, if he close near bays water in melbourne without postage, getting myself one soon too (EF one though lol).

if not a Ryco one would be your next bet I believe.

 

_________________

XG Ute - 3 Seater - Auto - Dual Fuel

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Where is the oil filter on a BF falcon?
Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:11 pm 
Tyre Shredder
Offline
User avatar

Age: 29

Posts: 321

Joined: 17th Nov 2009

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BF XT Falcon

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

i guess you cant really go wrong with genuine parts, the BF oil filter is only 2 buck more, (AFL101)
so $18 including postage, anyone know the prices of them at repco, supercheap etc?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Where is the oil filter on a BF falcon?
Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 30

Posts: 673

Joined: 23rd Jul 2011

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: XG

Location: Bendigo
VIC, Australia

think they only sell Ryco Oil Filters not Motorcraft ones.

 

_________________

XG Ute - 3 Seater - Auto - Dual Fuel

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Where is the oil filter on a BF falcon?
Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 30

Posts: 849

Joined: 3rd Jan 2011

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Subaru Liberty RX Wagon MY03

Location: North Richmond
NSW, Australia

lowie57 wrote:
i guess you cant really go wrong with genuine parts, the BF oil filter is only 2 buck more, (AFL101)
so $18 including postage, anyone know the prices of them at repco, supercheap etc?


Ryco Z9 is $7.88 at Supercheap.

My Motorcraft one is in the mail as we speak :D Thought that I would give it a go.

 

_________________

Current ride: MY03 Liberty RX Wagon
EBII S-XR6, Now 5 speed. Moved on to greener pastures...

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Where is the oil filter on a BF falcon?
Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 36

Posts: 9453

Joined: 9th Nov 2004

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

Location: Wollongong
NSW, Australia

Here's a tip. Note down the number plate of a BF taxi in the area. Walk into Ford and buy what you are after by asking for a fleet operators discount. Specify that its for a taxi and quote the plate you took a mental note of when asked. Then bulk buy. You'd be surprised how cheap filters really are when you order 20+ of them.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Where is the oil filter on a BF falcon?
Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:38 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline

Age: 26

Posts: 249

Joined: 18th Jan 2010

Ride: Ford EB GLI

Location: Morwell/Inverloch
VIC, Australia

GeZza200 wrote:
oze-ford wrote:
lowie57 wrote:
Bit of a noob question i know.. but i cant see it from looking above the engine,

Is it located underneath? i want to change my oil this weekend and id love to know where it is.

will i need to jack the front end up to get to it?

Cheers.

dude that's whats this place for, just ignore people that go at you for doing so.

also be sure to get a workshop manual for your BF has that will answer lot of questions for you.

cheers.


+1 this forum shoots alot of people down for questions like this, everyone has to start somewhere. Autobarn, Repco and Bursons should sell a BF workshop manual if you don't already have one.



I dunno,I thought thats why it has search up the top and that little known site called google :roll:

 

_________________

EBT-747 -

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Where is the oil filter on a BF falcon?
Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:17 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 184

Joined: 19th Oct 2009

Ride: BA XR6

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

lowie57 wrote:
i guess you cant really go wrong with genuine parts, the BF oil filter is only 2 buck more, (AFL101)
so $18 including postage, anyone know the prices of them at repco, supercheap etc?


I only use the K&N or Drift filters, they got the magnet in the center of them and they are only like $16.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Where is the oil filter on a BF falcon?
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:17 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 36

Posts: 9453

Joined: 9th Nov 2004

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

Location: Wollongong
NSW, Australia

You could get a filter mag and it would do a betrer job that works out cheaper in the end.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Where is the oil filter on a BF falcon?
Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:08 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 26

Posts: 789

Joined: 9th Dec 2011

Ride: S1 eb 5speed

Location: Coffs Harbour
NSW, Australia

Gotta be drift bro-
Def use a good filter like ryco or motorcraft.
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot] and 29 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:35 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names