Fordmods Logo

Which Cat back Exhaust Should I buy?? 

 

Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

 
Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:36 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 497

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: 1989 300ZX Twin turbo Z32

Location: Bardon, Brisbane
QLD, Australia

i think a 2.5inch lukey with 2 mufflers has a really good note. It doesnt drone at all but still sounds good.

 

_________________

Sold my EB :(
Now got my 300zx :)

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:01 am 
Oompa Loompa
Offline
User avatar

Age: 33

Posts: 21

Joined: 2nd Dec 2004

Ride: AU II Xr6

Location: Sydney
NSW, Australia

hey

Ive got a custom made 2'5inch from the cat back with no exhaust LOL VERY LOUD but i had a tuffy sports muffler on there wasnt loud enough so i got them to take it off......... but it was alright im gonna get it put back on

So if you have Tuffy mufflers near by id sugguest them, they are good and helpful cost me 280 all up
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 2983

Joined: 15th Apr 2006

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: Falcon

Location: Aberfoyle Park
SA, Australia

Soulfire wrote:
stomper wrote:
Soulfire wrote:
hellbent_ef wrote:
Ok well I went and got a redback with no resi today.

Must admit, suits what I wanted it for perfect.

The only thing IM not happy abuot is, they put a s**t lookin tip on lol.

It sounds good down low, not too loud, but not quiet either.

Im quite happy with it. Mainly wanted sumthing that wasnt too loud as I get home at around 3 am alot of nights, and just the standard exhaust with a rust hole wakes the old man...then i gotta put up with his s**t.

So all in all....i like it.



yeah redback exhausts are good. lukey is s**t.


Intel is good AMD is s**t.........ohhhh i dont have a supporting comment.

I have got a lukey 2.5" cat back. It doesnt have a rear resinator but it has 2 center mufflers.

Its not too noisy but it aint quiet either.

IMO there is a difference between lukey and redback but we are not going to notice it untill we start spending some serious cash on our cars like aaron here has.

Good to hear you got what you wanted. How much did you
pay.


:roll:
Lukey is s**t NOW. They used to be a good product, However, they were bought out a while back and the unit production was outsourced to china. They're now made with s**t materials, and lined with s**t fibreglass that often breaks apart within the first 2000km and clogs your mufflers restricting the flow that you were aiming for.
I had my redback system for 6 months, did a fair few k's and thrashed the bejesus out of my car for the entire time.
I had a Lukey on my fairmont, drove like a grandma, and had 3 exhaust leaks in 4 months.

There's my supporting information. Plus, I think they sound way too try hard. It's like "look at me i'm driving a 16 second 6 cylinder family sedan, over here PAY ATTENTION TO ME I'M FULLY SICK!!!"


Good point but i got mine from a AU falcon that had it before they outsourced. And hey...what wrong with driving a 16 second i6 family car??? Jap cars are family cars toooo,just not for australians because japs are smaller than us. And they are infact slower stock.


Hey my fully worked 180SX is faster then your stock falcon....

 

_________________

HOLDENS go like rockets. They fall apart in stages!!!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 36

Posts: 1380

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: FPV BF MKII F6

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

Soulfire wrote:
hellbent_ef wrote:
Ok well I went and got a redback with no resi today.

Must admit, suits what I wanted it for perfect.

The only thing IM not happy abuot is, they put a s**t lookin tip on lol.

It sounds good down low, not too loud, but not quiet either.

Im quite happy with it. Mainly wanted sumthing that wasnt too loud as I get home at around 3 am alot of nights, and just the standard exhaust with a rust hole wakes the old man...then i gotta put up with his s**t.

So all in all....i like it.




yeah redback exhausts are good. lukey is s**t.


what do u base that on?

 

_________________

OBS35N is gooonnnneeee.
Gone for good..... Damn fence posts!!!!!

OBS35N #2 (XXF6XX) just bought, bring it on

Last edited by OBS35N on Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 4323

Joined: 17th Jan 2006

Ride: Soarer 2.5GT-T

Location: Cranbourne
VIC, Australia

stomper wrote:
Good point but i got mine from a AU falcon that had it before they outsourced. And hey...what wrong with driving a 16 second i6 family car??? Jap cars are family cars toooo,just not for australians because japs are smaller than us. And they are infact slower stock.


Hey my fully worked 180SX is faster then your stock falcon....


Lol. Nothing wrong with owning a falcon mate. I just don't get teh stupidly loud exhaust thing (mind you i don't get it on slow ricers either). It's all good if it looks awesome and has a bit of balls, but drawing attention to a mostly stock car is a bit gay IMO.
Generally the only jap cars that are slower than falcons/commos stock are NA 4cyls, which isn't even a challenge lol. That said, a stock non vtec 1.8L integra gsi will maul any stock auto falcon/commo 6 :p.
Jap family cars and aussie family cars can't even be compared most of the time! often you are comparing different capacities, forced induction vs NA, massive weight differences etc... which is why it's never worth dragging off a turbo import in a stocko falcon 6 :p, that's what commodores are for!
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 662

Joined: 4th Sep 2005

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EL XR6

Location: Riddells Creek
VIC, Australia

good to see you want with the redback - and pro exhausts - should have just gone with thm in the first place since they are a couple streets over!! well good stuff anyway!!

Also soulfire - so true or so true!! lol
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 2983

Joined: 15th Apr 2006

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: Falcon

Location: Aberfoyle Park
SA, Australia

Soulfire wrote:
stomper wrote:
Good point but i got mine from a AU falcon that had it before they outsourced. And hey...what wrong with driving a 16 second i6 family car??? Jap cars are family cars toooo,just not for australians because japs are smaller than us. And they are infact slower stock.


Hey my fully worked 180SX is faster then your stock falcon....


Lol. Nothing wrong with owning a falcon mate. I just don't get teh stupidly loud exhaust thing (mind you i don't get it on slow ricers either). It's all good if it looks awesome and has a bit of balls, but drawing attention to a mostly stock car is a bit gay IMO.
Generally the only jap cars that are slower than falcons/commos stock are NA 4cyls, which isn't even a challenge lol. That said, a stock non vtec 1.8L integra gsi will maul any stock auto falcon/commo 6 :p.
Jap family cars and aussie family cars can't even be compared most of the time! often you are comparing different capacities, forced induction vs NA, massive weight differences etc... which is why it's never worth dragging off a turbo import in a stocko falcon 6 :p, that's what commodores are for!


To be honest, the only reason i got the EF was because at the time they were selling for 4k and more, i got it for $1800, and it was a far better car then the VK i was going to have. Yes i have had a VK but i went the Falcon because of the ASB, Airbags, stronger and better for safety, and i would have to do less work to it.

I think you have hit the nail on the head when it comes to jap cars vs. aussie cars. Sure they can be quicker but those cars have so much spent on them its not funny.

Every day people at school tell me 'get a commodore....they are faster' or i hear 'get a 4cylinder turbo and spend 20g on it'. But when it comes to home time they will be infront of me at the intersection but 100m down the road to the next ill be the one infront.

I really dont get the noisy exhaust thing too but it sounds good. For modding you have to start somewhere. In my case i said exhaust because if i do anything to the motor before the exhaust then things will start bottle necking.

I have plans of doing the full exhaust (extractors and high flow cat), Bigger and better air intake, nice big cam with new valve springs and possibly get into things like modding the ECU, and finally stronger tail shaft and LSD.

I guess in the end its your car and you do what you want to it. If we were all the same then there would not be things like the good old holden vs. ford and the imports against the aussies and american mussle.

 

_________________

HOLDENS go like rockets. They fall apart in stages!!!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:17 am 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Posts: 5

Joined: 13th Sep 2006

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

Has anyone ever considered a Berklee system, They have been around for over 40 years ...are an Aust company and make great gear better than the cheap crap lukey imho

Ash
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:04 am 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 3083

Joined: 22nd Sep 2005

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: EF

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

there are few berklee fitted cars floating around.

most go for the redback/lukey because there cheap and easy to get a hold of.

 

_________________

Image
latest mod: A Service
MY BUILD THREAD

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 557

Joined: 20th Aug 2006

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF

Location: Keilor, Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Lol to everyone...I paid $300 installed at Professional Exhaust in Airport West.

I agree that having a loud a*** exhaust is pointless on a falcon(or any other car) thats just been lowered and some decent wheels.....

Too much attention can be a bad thing, eespecially if the wrong people notice ya.....

 

_________________

<img src="http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c260/demoniquekryes/Bothcars1.jpg" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting"><br><br>

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 30

Posts: 1133

Joined: 15th Oct 2005

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: AU Fairmont I6

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

So what type did u end up getting?

 

_________________

Ford Fairmont AU
www.aufalcon.com/aujls

My Ebay items for sale

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 557

Joined: 20th Aug 2006

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF

Location: Keilor, Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Redback single muffler, no resi....and its goin to stay like that for a while, as I just spent $2200 tonight on sound.....and still more to come.

I think Ill spend more towards end of year on performance, to something that can drag the heavy a*** around.

 

_________________

<img src="http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c260/demoniquekryes/Bothcars1.jpg" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting"><br><br>

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 18 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:24 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names