Fordmods Logo

Which do I do first ...cam or diff? 

Page 2 of 3 [ 37 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:09 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

plus postage too ;) also dude if u get the stage 2 cam is yours and auto or manual trans...the guys at alted can now do a stall convertor to suit the auto...

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:12 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: The DEVEL XR6

WA, Australia

Big Kev wrote:
plus postage too ;) also dude if u get the stage 2 cam is yours and auto or manual trans...the guys at alted can now do a stall convertor to suit the auto...

It's AUTO.

I just PM'd ALTEDXR6, as I heard he's the man for cams.

Hot Chilli Red EL XR6, 5-spd, JMM DEV 5 enhanced (161 rwkw custom tuned), Eliminator Switch Chip, 18" BA GTP rims, Pedders Superlows, BA XR6 badges, BA Sunroof, Pioneer Stereo, Splits, 6x9's, 10" sub, 700W 6-ch Viper amp.
QUARTER MILE PB: currently 14.590 @ 96.00 mph ...BOOST AHEAD!!

Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:17 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Big Kev wrote:

Cam :

$280 for any stage RPD/Alted cam with $30 refunded upon a servicable cam returned
$250 High Performance Crane Cams valve springs matched to our cam specs
$130 Rollmaster vernier cam gear for the bigger jobs

Are you saying I will need ALL this?

Hot Chilli Red EL XR6, 5-spd, JMM DEV 5 enhanced (161 rwkw custom tuned), Eliminator Switch Chip, 18" BA GTP rims, Pedders Superlows, BA XR6 badges, BA Sunroof, Pioneer Stereo, Splits, 6x9's, 10" sub, 700W 6-ch Viper amp.

Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:56 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 5 Star Boxcar

NSW, Australia

markr154 wrote:
Big Kev wrote:

Cam :

$280 for any stage RPD/Alted cam with $30 refunded upon a servicable cam returned

springs are a must as the stage 2 and higher are very aggressive .best thing to do mate is pm jaysen. hes the bloke behind the cams and knows his stuff. il tell you on tuesday night how the stage 2 goes in the auto :wink:

Kezz's 5sp Box Car ---> RPD enhanced with a bunch of other stuff

Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:16 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

kezz wrote:
markr154 wrote:
Big Kev wrote:

Cam :

springs are a must as the stage 2 and higher are very aggressive .best thing to do mate is pm jaysen. hes the bloke behind the cams and knows his stuff. il tell you on tuesday night how the stage 2 goes in the auto :wink:

were u going the stage 2 with higher torque convertor combination?

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:24 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Big Kev wrote:
kezz wrote:
markr154 wrote:
Big Kev wrote:

Cam :

were u going the stage 2 with higher torque convertor combination?

To be honest, I wouldn't have a freakin' clue!

What do you mean exactly by "higher torque convertor combination"?

Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:39 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 5 Star Boxcar

NSW, Australia

Big Kev wrote:
kezz wrote:
markr154 wrote:
Big Kev wrote:

Cam :

were u going the stage 2 with higher torque convertor combination?[/
quote]

Kev mate, im just going for all the other goodies minus the torque converter. knowing my luck though the cam will destroy my slusher, it is a good excuse tho for whacking in a t5, if this ever happens :D

Kezz's 5sp Box Car ---> RPD enhanced with a bunch of other stuff

Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Falcon 95

VIC, Australia

3.7's are great with my wade1004-14 cam, as for loosing top end power, mine has increased somethin fierce. Acceleration accross the whole rev range has increased, it was like the 3.7's were meant for the 1004-14.

sits on 2,300rpm at 100km/h also.

Cougar Zero makes my pants fit nice.

Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

mrnasty wrote:
3.7's are great with my wade1004-14 cam, as for loosing top end power, mine has increased somethin fierce. Acceleration accross the whole rev range has increased, it was like the 3.7's were meant for the 1004-14.

Yeah i think people got confused with syaing it reduces top end power...it improves it just reduces the top speed of the vehicle.....ok well that shows the impact on the fuel economy - would barely be noticeable with the 3.7 gears.

My auto sits on 1900-2100rpm at 100km/h in an EF XR6 with 3.45LSD so not too much diff

Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EFII 5.8 NOS TerroristGhia

Power: 274 rwkw

NSW, Australia

I relation to my top speed, i am unsure, as i havent been able to test it of late. WHat i can tell you is that when i was crossing the line at WSID last night i was hitting an indicated 180, and the time slip was stating 164, so there hasnte been much of an improvement there. And i have only just today had the speedo recalibrated so that it is accurate again.
Brett

The Terrorist ED Retired due to RUST.
The TerrosistGhia, EF Ghia 351 EFI 5 Speed.
Millennium Falcon, Sleeper EL DOHC 6 Speed Manual EFI LPG
Member#1131
I didn't Vote for Multiculturalism, DID YOU!!!

Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

I havnt really noticed any fuel consumption issues, mine were already bad before the diff :D

terroristGHIA... my speedos out to somethin fierce when im hitting the 180km/h limiter, im really travellin around 140km./h road speed, really need to change that speedo gear....

Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: Ford FPV FG F6 310

Power: 149 rwkw

QLD, Australia

yeah your k's will clock up heaps faster too

NEW RIDE - FPV FG F6 6spd Auto. 12.26@114MPH, 1.88 60FT on Cheapy Tyres with 38PSI - Stock except K&N filter!

R.I.P. BF XR6 Turbo - You will not be forgotten :( 12.06@120MPH

Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 23 images

Ride: XR6 Turbo

NSW, Australia

anyone here got that stage 2 cam yet? has it come out? would be great 2 see how it goes.

SS Inductions CAI, K&N Filters, M-spec FMC, Turbosmart BOV, 8psi capa tune, X-force cat.

Mods going on: Nizpro springs, bosch 040 pump + Walbro gss341, 600cc injectors, PWR transcooler, 20% Underdrives, 15psi Actuator, Kingspring SSL's, 15psi tune.....More coming

Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

mrnasty wrote:

Sounds like you've got a combo that works a treat!

How much was the Wade cam?

Did you need new springs, valves etc to fit it?

How's the idle?

Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

the cam was around $120 exchange from memory, then i think the same again for ford shims (its a reground cam). Theres no need to replace the springs or valves either.

The idle was s**t for a few hours after i got it back from the shop but once the computer learnt the cam its back to basically stock quality idle. Can be a tad bit grumpy on a really cold morning, but nothing to wet yourself about.

If doing it again, i'd definatly get a vernier adjustable cam gear, as i realy feel my car isnt running full potential, it feels like it needs tuning. For a cam like this, a chiptorque chip (or similar, unichip) can push the car to full potential, this setup was used in my mates old EF, (same cam/diff as my car) but with a chiptorque chip and vernier cam gear and it flew, pushed 146rwkw and would have destroyed my car as it sits.

Good luck, Luke.

Quote:
yeah your k's will clock up heaps faster too

yes they are, but im using a spare dash for the moment, have the original right here with me. Once the speedo gear is replaced the original dash will go back in. I worked it out one night that im probably showing 15,000 km/s more than i should be.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next