Fordmods Logo

White EF fairmont in ringwood - align your f'n HID's!!!!!!!! 

Page 2 of 3 [ 36 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:55 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: EF

VIC, Australia

ford mods feel the love.

latest mod: A Service
MY BUILD THREAD

Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:51 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XT, BA XR6T, ED Ghia 5.0

WA, Australia

Have a cry.

What's the difference between a Holden and a sheep? It's less embarrasing getting out of the back of a sheep..

Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:55 am 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: EL Fairmont

VIC, Australia

I gotta be honest, I AM one of those mis-aligned people you all hate.

BUT .. I dont live anywhere near Ringwood.

I had my front end re-done a while back and got 2 new headlights. They've been horribly mis-aligned ever since.

I've taken the car to a panel beater and a mechanic to get the lights adjusted, but no-one will do it. Everyone seems to go for that knob on the back of the headlight, but when they realise it's already adjusted to its max they give in. They couldnt be fagged pulling the bar off to adjust them with those other main bolts that hold them on.

If I can find someone who'll do it, I'll pay 'em and get it done.
<overwhelmed with guilt for the poor bastards I blind at night>

Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:43 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Soarer 2.5GT-T

VIC, Australia

There you go :lol:.
Well, I live in ringwood, and have seen no other falcons with HIDs around here, but mine is an EL.

They are adjusted correctly, they're just f**k bright and go everywhere, as is the problem with HIDs in reflector headlamps.
So long story short, I know they're too bright, I've tried adjusting them, and well that's as good as they get, so unless you wanna fund my XR front end conversion so I can get some projectors, there's not a lot I can do about it, short of getting rid of the HIDs, and that's not happening, my normal headlights are dangerous for me.

Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:58 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: fairmont

QLD, Australia

lol haha geez ppl have a b**ch, hey ytmont high beam him nex if he keeps b**ch

Now i have a EF XR8 5spd.........mmmmmm 5L

Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:29 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: R32 GTR

VIC, Australia

wicksy wrote:
lol haha geez ppl have a b**ch, hey ytmont high beam him nex if he keeps b**ch

You're logic has me dumbfounded, how would he know who I am when I drive a non-descript taxi that attracts no attention because its silent and completely stock standard from the outside? Also, smart idea to suggest someone with HIDs flashes their highbeams, such a wise thing to do if you want your HIDs to last.

Is it just me or are many people pure morons with comments like that? This is for road safety, not whinging and b**ch. I bet every troll in this thread would "have a cry" if it was a commodore or another make with such dangerous headlights

YTMONT - dont know if its you, could be an EL but I didn't want to look directly at the car when it was coming. Didn't someone on here from perth have a great thread on how to optimise regular reflectors for HID's to prevent them being so dangerously blinding to everyone else?

Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:09 am 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: ED Fairmont

VIC, Australia

emowned

har har har

Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:22 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: R32 GTR

VIC, Australia

be careful, all the sooks will gang up on ya :p

Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:58 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EF Mont

TAS, Australia

Controversial pic there kyro... Not that I care, I'm a metal head, and emo's are my sworn enemy, lol. But anyway...

Bright lights are a pain in the a**, especially people who run driving lights etc. and wire em up all dodge and don't dip them when u drive past...

Sanity is for the Weak!!

Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:27 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 03 BA XR6

VIC, Australia

Till_Lind wrote:
Lol I was driving back to Brisbane from the Gold Coast last night and some truckie had his high beams on. He was coming from behind a hill, and it looked like light a nuclear bomb would make, lol. I was driving along thinking what the hell is coming from behind that hill. Luckily a truck on my side of the freeway high beamed him and and he got the idea.

when i drove over here from Adelaide last, i had some a***hole truck driver sitting 3-5 car lengths behind me with his high beams on - after about 20 minutes i got bored with behind blind, so some creative re-alignment of my side view electric mirrors and he dimmed his lights...funny that

works a treat on anyone sitting behind you with their high beams on, just use your side mirror to shine it back in their face!

2003 BA Ford Falcon XR6 | BF Typhoon Intake + K&N Filter | Lukey 2.5" catback zorst | More mods coming soon....

Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:53 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 37 images

Ride: V8 EF Futura

SA, Australia

YTMONT wrote:

They are adjusted correctly, they're just f**k bright and go everywhere, as is the problem with HIDs in reflector headlamps.
So long story short, I know they're too bright, I've tried adjusting them, and well that's as good as they get, so unless you wanna fund my XR front end conversion so I can get some projectors, there's not a lot I can do about it, short of getting rid of the HIDs, and that's not happening, my normal headlights are dangerous for me.

Ummm... guess what dude?

It doesnt work like that. It's your problem, not everyone elses! lol

IF your lights are indeed to bright, it's only a matter of time before a cop who's had a real bad day gets a face full of HID.

And somehow i dont think "well then buy me an XR conversion" is going to sit too well with said officer.

Seriously. If they are too bright then they need to come off.

I promise..... I will never die.

Fordmods Administration Group MINOR PUNKED

Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: E39 523i / EF Fairmont

QLD, Australia

x3ros wrote:
Till_Lind wrote:
Lol I was driving back to Brisbane from the Gold Coast last night and some truckie had his high beams on. He was coming from behind a hill, and it looked like light a nuclear bomb would make, lol. I was driving along thinking what the hell is coming from behind that hill. Luckily a truck on my side of the freeway high beamed him and and he got the idea.

when i drove over here from Adelaide last, i had some a***hole truck driver sitting 3-5 car lengths behind me with his high beams on - after about 20 minutes i got bored with behind blind, so some creative re-alignment of my side view electric mirrors and he dimmed his lights...funny that

works a treat on anyone sitting behind you with their high beams on, just use your side mirror to shine it back in their face!

Haha, nice one. Have to give that a try some time.

E39 523i
EF Fairmont

Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 37 images

Ride: V8 EF Futura

SA, Australia

x3ros wrote:
Till_Lind wrote:

Works well on 4x4s with eye-level HIDs as well. Best part is, it's their low beam so they cant turn it off. They just suffer like everyone else on the road who has to suffer from their f**k lights!!!

I promise..... I will never die.

Fordmods Administration Group MINOR PUNKED

Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF Gli Ghia, XP Fairmont

WA, Australia

YTMONT wrote:

yeah - that's what the country needs, more people admitting their lights are illegal and a danger to others on the roads but can't be f**k doing anything about it!!

I hope you do get pulled over by Mr Plod!

Owning 1 of 67612 EF GLi Sedans made
FACT: "Chuck Norris owns the greatest Poker Face of all-time. It helped him win the 1983 World Series of Poker despite him holding just a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno."

Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: GTHO PH 1 EF ex chaser

QLD, Australia

One certain driver in our area insisted in putting HID's into the lower fog light places and driving with them on all the time UNTIL SOMEONE STOPPED QUICKLY IN FRONT OF HIM IN A TRUCK AND BACKED UP SMASHING THEM!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:(NO NAMES NO PACK DRILL)

Rotten Old Revhead!!! XW GTHO + EF ex cop car (exractors 2.5 cat back zorst !6" Simmons K&N +airbox mods Lowered with Bilstein shocks+Whiteline Bars NEXT THING Swap HO for GTP or Ferrari!

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next