Fordmods Logo

Who's using the SCT FlashTunerChip on there EA EB ED EF EL ? 

Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:56 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

gogetta wrote:
FPV_GTp wrote:
For purpose tuning of your own car , regardless of what modification have been done you will have to have a custom tune which involves using the edit software rather than just downloading a generic program.

Customer tuning will involve dyno time which can be expensive.

this all sounds very confusing, can you explain it all a little better?

so what exactly would we be buying? just a blank chip which then needs dyno tuning? no software?

so im just buying a mod for my ecu which will allow a workshop to tune it for me? so say I do 10 mods - eg exhaust then later cam then later porting etc id have to go back to the workshop 1o times for them to do it?

say also I want to fine tune it myself, eg like backing off the timing or leaning it out in parts, I wouldnt be able to eh?

have I got the gist of it

Hi
Q1 - "say also I want to fine tune it myself, eg like backing off the timing or leaning it out in parts, I wouldn't be able to eh?"

A1. - to be able to make adjustments to the fuel or ignition maps you will have to buy the workshop version , which includes the necessary software.

Otherwise , yes your just buying a chipset that connects to your J3 port on the ecc4 or eec5 of the ecu port depending which vehicle you have

the chipset will have a modified program already on it .

That is the way Capa has constructed the chipset with SCT-USA in the same manner as what the flash-tuner is being used by BA and BF falcon users . There paying approx $895 for a interface card that connects to the OBD2 diagnostic connect and there transferring a modified program onto there ECU's ( there are 3 modified programs that someone has already done some tuning and it is just a case of transferring files.

But if you want to modify the fuel and or ignition files plus a lot more parameters you have to buy there workshop version of the software for the BA's and BF's to be able to do your own tuning .

The BA software alone is $2750-oo and you still have to buy a blank flashtuner box , every time you want to tune another car.

The E-series software alone is approx $1800 and you still have to buy a chipset box , every time you want to tune another E-series falcon .

Same principles applies to the E-series cars , every car has to have its own interface chipset card.
By joining this group purchase , cause I'm buying the whole package , software and hardware , on the initial purchase capa has structured that the flashtuner and chipset boxers are discounted heavily. Buying one chipset or flash tuner at a time there is a price difference of between 200 to 300 dollars.

Also i will share the files of programs that are out there already in the system , which will just cost people the the postage of there chipset or flashtuner boxers from them to me. People that live in my area will just be able to come to my work place and have the programs updated while they wait.

Private tailored tunes fro a specific vehicle , will be at a cost , dyno time ? otherwsie onr has to buy his/hers own software + chipset to do his/hers own tuning.

There is a lot of variables that need answering and information from capa is extremely hard to get a response. Since Capa has sewn this deal up with SCT flashtuner USA , any question in relation to the chipsets are all dealings via capa and things take time. So us aussies are at capa's mercy.

If one wants more information on flash tuner products go to SCT's website , http://www.sctflash.com/forum/forumdisp ... 932ab&f=98 unfortunately there is no information on there website about Australian cars , but there is a forum for Australian's a section just dedicated for Aussies. But there are working tutorials on the way the software works.

The Australian section of the forum is very quiet not much activity at all

As questions , lets see if you can awaken the sleepy bears at SCT.

cheers

WANTED - Complete BTr4 and zf 6hp26 automatic transmission 6 cylinder and V8 transmission(s) suit rebuild? Drop me a PM if you can help would be greatly appreciated - thanks

Last edited by FPV_GTp on Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:08 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

xcabbi wrote:
Just 1 fundamental question. Would you be able to change to a larger map sensor and still be able to tune the car. Most people that want to turbo their atmo falcons would like to know this as they'd take an sct over a true aftermarket system any day if they could.

Hi

Unfortunately for turbo or supercharged E-series vehicles the answer is " NO "

I have asked this question to the capa camp , and the software doesn't have previsions to allow a 1 bar , 2 bar or 3 bar Map sensors.
It is a shame ,but i'm sure that SCT-USA are working on making the software more flexible for boost application of tuning the E-series cars

Guys the best and quickest place to ask questions is join http://www.sctflash.com/forum/ it is free and go to the international support section there is a AUstralian forum for flash tuner

direct link to Australian forum

http://www.sctflash.com/forum/forumdisp ... 932ab&f=98

cheers

WANTED - Complete BTr4 and zf 6hp26 automatic transmission 6 cylinder and V8 transmission(s) suit rebuild? Drop me a PM if you can help would be greatly appreciated - thanks

Post subject: so wait...
Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:10 am 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: ef XR8 / xe fairmont ghia 393.

SA, Australia

so wait would i be right in thinking that this is the equivelant to the capa eliminator switch chip...

Ef xr8. Charged 9psi, tw 170 heads,track heat intakes,1.72 rockers, f303 cam, custom plazma man/ rapid cooler, 60lb injectors, tko600, sct eliminator, aeromotive fuel system.

393 xe ghia stage 5 als raceglides c4,9" full spool 31spline moser axles. Will be looking at running high 9s low 10's

Post subject: Re: so wait...
Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:15 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

jagga wrote:
so wait would i be right in thinking that this is the equivelant to the capa eliminator switch chip...

Hi

CAPA via SCT-Flashtuner are the people who have developed the chipset

very similar in principle of its workings , YES

cheers

Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:50 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Hi

People feel free to post in this thread any feedback , whether it be positive or negative encounters with flashtuner or chipsets for E-series cars

cheers

Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:12 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EF Mont

TAS, Australia

Question: How does this chip rate against the ol' UNI chip?

Sanity is for the Weak!!

Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:17 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Ragvaror wrote:
Question: How does this chip rate against the ol' UNI chip?

Hi

If we are talking about the ' UNICHIP " that APS markets here in Australia under there own badges by Peter Luckston , South Croydon ,VIC , Australia it doesn't compare at all.

Unichip does not give you the software and you can not get your hands on the software at all. Which means you always have to go back to one of APS franchise stores.

They have a monopoly on there product , plus if you decide to go that way there are cheaper units out there in the world that when you purchase the signal modifier you get all the hardware and software.

This enables you to use any dyno tuning shop or tune it on your own.

Unichip has it limitations , and remember unichip is a signal modifier , can not change rev limiter and so on.

cheers

Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:47 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: EL XR6

Power: 141 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Hey,

I'm im interested in this group buy... can you hit me up with a PM with some more details...
cheers

Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

I'm only interested in the price :P

Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:18 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EA Turbo

VIC, Australia

I'm also interested at this stage.

1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Resprayed|microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Wade turbo cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 conversion|Built bottom end|10.6@125MPHi

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2