Fordmods Logo

Who's using the SCT FlashTunerChip on there EA EB ED EF EL ? 

Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Who's using the SCT FlashTunerChip on there EA EB ED EF EL ?
Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:32 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Who's using the SCT FlashTunerChip on there EA EB ED EF EL ?

Hi

Has anyone purchased or thing of purchasing thee
SCT FlashTunerChip software and hardware for the EA EB ED EF EL ???

Was think if i had a group of us maybe do a " GROUP BUY "

If you have already purchased it ??? What do you think of it ?

here is some reading material of a Australian supplier

http://www.capa.com.au/ford_flash_tuner_chip_burner.pdf

http://www.capa.com.au/ford_flash_tuner_chip.pdf

http://www.capa.com.au/ford_flash_tuner_xcal2.pdf

any positive or negative feed back appreciated on the topic ????

cheers

WANTED - Complete BTr4 and zf 6hp26 automatic transmission 6 cylinder and V8 transmission(s) suit rebuild? Drop me a PM if you can help would be greatly appreciated - thanks

Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:35 am 
Smokin em up

WA, Australia

yeah id be interested in this, if it is good... I have heard a few comments saying it was crap though, and capa don't have good service / aftersales service.

But if this does the job for me, and i can get all the info i need, then yep - count me in!

Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:43 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: EF

VIC, Australia

COMMENT DELETED.

latest mod: A Service
MY BUILD THREAD

Last edited by rushed on Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:10 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Ok , sounds good

If i could get 20 guys to purchase a flashtuner and flashtunerchip , would orginize a group buy

In the group buy this would allow you acess to endless tunes of the data base for the later model cars AU BA BF models

With the EA EB ED EF EL flashtunechip's will swap and share the tunes as i'm planning on getting the workshop versions.

So if anyone is interested tell your friends and lets get a group together.

cheers

WANTED - Complete BTr4 and zf 6hp26 automatic transmission 6 cylinder and V8 transmission(s) suit rebuild? Drop me a PM if you can help would be greatly appreciated - thanks

Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:56 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

hi

Ok , getting more and more information on the chipset for the EA to EL series ford's , forced induction vehicles will still have trouble tuning these vehicles??

you ask why ??

Ok, the ford map sensor will handle up to 7 psi boost pressure ok but after that you have to still use a rise-rate fuel pressure regulator mmmmmm

In my eyes what a waste of software , once again all our hopes are crushed for the guys intending to tune there forced induction ford's.
rise-rate fuel pressure regulators are a band aid fix to get extra fuel throw the injectors ?????

guys any feedback would be appreciated on the topics

cheers

PS : seems Wolfs and EMS's and other aftermarket engine management systems will still have a place in the ford falcon seen , Just like the Australian touring car racers are not rushing of to buy the flash tuner software

Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

hi

Who is looking to buy a programmable ECU

here is a chance to buy the required hardware and software to be able to tune EA's right up to the latest BF falcons

There is a data base of a who heap of tunes already done for the BA's and BF series so its just a matter of uploading the programming

Someone has already done the dyno testing and modifying the engine tune , ideal for the BA and BF series turbo cars as they make substantial horsepower gains

I would be interested in purchasing the whole workshop version of the E and B series cars.
This would enable a endless supply of different programs if you become part of the group buy.

In the group buy on the initial purchase you will save a lot of money .

Will exchange programs as needed.

Private tuning sessions on a dyno would be at extra charge , but a less fee than what other places charge.

Any feed back or questions are welcome

cheers

Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:54 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

I'd be interested... depending on the cost of course :P

Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:04 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: au futura

VIC, Australia

what sort of dollars would each person be looking at pal park figure ?

now have a series 1 au starting the mods slowly
now have a xw wagon to restore

Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: 94 Futura

NSW, Australia

depending on cost I would be interested.

In Henry I Trust

Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:10 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 2010 Nitro Blue FG

VIC, Australia

As you know im intersted. Are you saying that if we cang et a group buy for about 20 chipsets or whatever, you'll be buying the tuning software ivan? or the other way around?

cheers

Andrew

The boogieman checks under his bed for chuck norris

Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:12 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

andrewsfutura wrote:
As you know im interested. Are you saying that if we can et a group buy for about 20 chipsets or whatever, you'll be buying the tuning software ivan? or the other way around?
cheers
Andrew

Hi

Ok guys , i will have all the prices PMed to you all , and if anyone else wants to know prices just let me know.

Andrew , the software that actually edits the chipsets and flash tuner is a workshop version i will be buying that regardless.

the chipsets and the flash tuner boxes u need to be able to download the programs. There is a library database of generic programs that tuners have already done for the AU s3 , BA's and BF's and some of the F-series trucks. the interface boxes allow you to hold three programs and switch between the 3 different tunes plus your standard tune that you have to download back into the interface box.

The chipsets is different , it is new and there are less ( possible no ) generic tunes out there.

The flash tuner and chipset interface boxes and cards are a set price , the more i purchase the cheaper they are. And on the initial purchase of the workshop software i can even get a better price.

For purpose tuning of your own car , regardless of what modification have been done you will have to have a custom tune which involves using the edit software rather than just downloading a generic program.

Customer tuning will involve dyno time which can be expensive.

For the BA XR6T's the generic programs are having very good results with substantial horsepower gains with little or no mods at all.

I will have more details next week .

cheers

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:32 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EF Mont

TAS, Australia

OK, im running an EF Fairmont, whats the price gonna look like? PM me, and cheers. I'm interested.

Sanity is for the Weak!!

Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: MCMXCV Falcon

VIC, Australia

FPV_GTp wrote:
For purpose tuning of your own car , regardless of what modification have been done you will have to have a custom tune which involves using the edit software rather than just downloading a generic program.

Customer tuning will involve dyno time which can be expensive.

this all sounds very confusing, can you explain it all a little better?

so what exactly would we be buying? just a blank chip which then needs dyno tuning? no software?

so im just buying a mod for my ecu which will allow a workshop to tune it for me? so say I do 10 mods - eg exhaust then later cam then later porting etc id have to go back to the workshop 1o times for them to do it?

say also I want to fine tune it myself, eg like backing off the timing or leaning it out in parts, I wouldnt be able to eh?

have I got the gist of it

Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:43 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

Just 1 fundamental question. Would you be able to change to a larger map sensor and still be able to tune the car. Most people that want to turbo their atmo falcons would like to know this as they'd take an sct over a true aftermarket system any day if they could.

Post subject: count me in...
Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:51 am 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: ef XR8 / xe fairmont ghia 393.

SA, Australia

count me in as a deffinant... need the chip to tune my xr8... dnt need it to make power gains just need to make my car tune-able

Ef xr8. Charged 9psi, tw 170 heads,track heat intakes,1.72 rockers, f303 cam, custom plazma man/ rapid cooler, 60lb injectors, tko600, sct eliminator, aeromotive fuel system.

393 xe ghia stage 5 als raceglides c4,9" full spool 31spline moser axles. Will be looking at running high 9s low 10's

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next