Fordmods Logo

who would have thought! 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: who would have thought!
Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:35 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 820

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: falcon

Location: melbourne
VIC, Australia

while having my engine looked at for oil leaks, the mechanic was looking in my engine...

i have apparently got a wade cam!?!? wtf i thought my car was stock when i bought it...

i have always had trouble with my car sorta 'skipping' and idling very roughly and when dragging other ef falcons (same engine no mods etc) id win every time.

now... why wouldnt the car dealership i brought the car from, tell me it had a cam?

not that im upset just wanna know what sort it is... how do i find out?

 

_________________

Team Cant Stop the Doof Doof

cubic inches - holdens excuse for old technology

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:37 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 727

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Concorde

Location: canberra
ACT, Australia

Guess the only way to be sure would be to find the part number and trace it back. Lucky :twisted:

Maybe the dealer didn't know either.

 

_________________

2nd Place Summernats19 SQ Comp, Street Pro 0-600 Class
STEREO - 128.7db
JVC EXAD DVD and surround sound
3 X 10" Lanzar Dual Voice Coil 6ohm Subs
4 X 6.5" Alpine S-Type 2-way, front and back
JVC 6.6cm Center Speaker
Engine -
2.5" exhaust, SS Inductions CAI, K&N air filter. 132.6rwkw

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:44 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 820

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: falcon

Location: melbourne
VIC, Australia

i was shocked... thought the car was just standard until i drove a friends ef futura (exactly the same as mine) and mine felt like it had more power down low

 

_________________

Team Cant Stop the Doof Doof

cubic inches - holdens excuse for old technology

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:23 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 44

Posts: 10126

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF Gli Ghia, XP Fairmont

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

so i'm guessing you did not buy the car new, and yeah I would imagine the snotty nosed car dealer would just try and sell a car and he probably didn't know the boot from the bonnet!

 

_________________

Owning 1 of 67612 EF GLi Sedans made
FACT: "Chuck Norris owns the greatest Poker Face of all-time. It helped him win the 1983 World Series of Poker despite him holding just a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno."

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:25 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 820

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: falcon

Location: melbourne
VIC, Australia

Happy wrote:
so i'm guessing you did not buy the car new, and yeah I would imagine the snotty nosed car dealer would just try and sell a car and he probably didn't know the boot from the bonnet!


nah it wasnt bought new... was second hand... called the first owner (im the second in the cars life) and he said he had it 'worked a little so it had some grunt on those long trips'

the dealer didnt pay me much attention till i gave him the cash ha ha ha

 

_________________

Team Cant Stop the Doof Doof

cubic inches - holdens excuse for old technology

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:18 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 1000491

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AUXR6 HP With Ducati SupA Bike!

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

concorde wrote:
Guess the only way to be sure would be to find the part number and trace it back. Lucky :twisted:

Maybe the dealer didn't know either.


mm wade cams are regrinds.. so the part number is ther is on on the cam i am not sure would be a ford part number not a wade
the only real way is to rip the cam out and get it on a machine to get the specs of the cam.
my guess it would be a wade stg 2 basically the same as XR6 cam
nice one dude! now add a exhaust and u be sweet

 

_________________

RIP SCOTT

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 820

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: falcon

Location: melbourne
VIC, Australia

Disco Frank wrote:
concorde wrote:
Guess the only way to be sure would be to find the part number and trace it back. Lucky :twisted:

Maybe the dealer didn't know either.


mm wade cams are regrinds.. so the part number is ther is on on the cam i am not sure would be a ford part number not a wade
the only real way is to rip the cam out and get it on a machine to get the specs of the cam.
my guess it would be a wade stg 2 basically the same as XR6 cam
nice one dude! now add a exhaust and u be sweet


stage 2 give low down grunt?? exhaust and extractors would be nice. would rahter a its stage 3 or 4 though :D

 

_________________

Team Cant Stop the Doof Doof

cubic inches - holdens excuse for old technology

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:36 pm 
Technical Contributor
Offline
User avatar

Age: 33

Posts: 5858

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: '95 EF's

Location: Leederville
WA, Australia

stg 3 & above you get a lot more issues w/ idle & s**t if you dont have aftermarket chip or anything else to help it along - i've got stg 2 crow, and i wouldn't really go too much more - it puts out enough grunt for me! :wink:

sounds sweet with exhaust & extractors! :P

 

_________________

R.I.P. Scotty

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 820

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: falcon

Location: melbourne
VIC, Australia

uglybob wrote:
stg 3 & above you get a lot more issues w/ idle & s**t if you dont have aftermarket chip or anything else to help it along - i've got stg 2 crow, and i wouldn't really go too much more - it puts out enough grunt for me! :wink:

sounds sweet with exhaust & extractors! :P


he he he its fun dragging other efs that are stock as mine looks and sounds stock till ya drive it... i want more power though dammit.

 

_________________

Team Cant Stop the Doof Doof

cubic inches - holdens excuse for old technology

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:45 pm 
Technical Contributor
Offline
User avatar

Age: 33

Posts: 5858

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: '95 EF's

Location: Leederville
WA, Australia

i've got the stg 2, exhaust, extractors, few intake mods, and mine throws out 132rwkw - which is enough of a jump from stock to def notice a difference - which wouldn't be too much cost-wise for you considering you've already got the cam... :P

 

_________________

R.I.P. Scotty

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 820

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: falcon

Location: melbourne
VIC, Australia

uglybob wrote:
i've got the stg 2, exhaust, extractors, few intake mods, and mine throws out 132rwkw - which is enough of a jump from stock to def notice a difference - which wouldn't be too much cost-wise for you considering you've already got the cam... :P


i wanna get an ITS rebuild, so i wont bother with exhaust etc yet... im happy with the 'driveablity' of my car at the moment. doesnt have huge power but downlow it just shoots from the line... till 60 it seems to hammer then after 60 not so good.

 

_________________

Team Cant Stop the Doof Doof

cubic inches - holdens excuse for old technology

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:21 pm 
Site Admin
Offline
User avatar

Age: 34

Posts: 8831

Joined: 18th Dec 2002

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: AUII V8 LTD

Power: 270 rwkw

Location: Sydney
NSW, Australia

Most companies who do re-grinds stamp their own ID or model number somewhere on the cam, in addition to the existing ford part number.

 

_________________

WAG363: AUII LTD Supercharged 363 Dart Stroker [Supercharged 363 LTD Build]
WAGGIN: 2012 Volkswagen Passat Wagon - V6 4Motion.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:40 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 34

Posts: 118

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: BA XR6 Turbo

Location: Sydney
NSW, Australia

I have had my car for two years and have been fighting with the idle since then. Its lumpy and rough and I have taken it to the mechanic and he changed leads, plugs, cleaned the throttle body but its still rough.....

Is the hybrid engine known to be rough? maybe I have a cam too! I might check.

 

_________________

fast1

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 11103

Joined: 15th Nov 2004

Ride: AU III XR8 Pursuit 250 ute

Location: Hobart
TAS, Australia

distortion wrote:
i wanna get an ITS rebuild, so i wont bother with exhaust etc yet... im happy with the 'driveablity' of my car at the moment. doesnt have huge power but downlow it just shoots from the line... till 60 it seems to hammer then after 60 not so good.


So, get ITS to rebuild your engine. But that's no reason why you can't do extractors and exhaust at the moment. When you get your engine rebuild it'll just be cheaper as you already have teh extractors.

 

_________________

Heaps of performance EF/L parts for sale, including supercharged VCT motor!

2002 Ford AU Series III Falcon XR8 Pursuit 250 ute - 5.6L of V8 Windsor!

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 14 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dp_stoner, tidy au and 22 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:50 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names