Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:25 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: buick

VIC, Australia

unclewoja wrote:
Screamer wrote:
There being sold on ebay for about $250 to $300. I think there from onlineperformaceautos.com.au but not to sure on the address. I looked at them but i think i'll stick to the pacies their sellin.

Don't buy from him.

I bought some extractors from him once. They were for my Rover SD1. A rare car to get bits for.
Onlineperformanceautos assured me that the extractors would fit my car. They didn't.

He also advertised them as HPC coated. They weren't even painted with a high temp pain as far as I could tell. The finish washed right off with a universal enamel thinners.

He displayed a picture of the extractors on the net with round ports. The extractors I got had rectangular ports. Incidentally, the rectangular ports were the correct ones, but he falsely advertised them on his ebay listing.

Before I bought them I asked if I could get a full unconditional refund if they didn't fit my car. He said yes in writing.

When I informed him that they wouldn't fit my car a few weeks later, he would only give me a refund, less restocking fee, less freight over to S.A and back less touching up of the extractors.

I threatened him with action from the ACCC as is my right, but in the end I decided not to bother wasting my time, sold them through the trading post and got more for them that way than if I had sent them back to him.

So what Rover did they fit?

On a stock mtr there is bugger all difference. The 4480 Pacemakers & JMM work their best on motors that have had cam & head work.

ghiaman

Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 4:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

ghiaman wrote:
So what Rover did they fit?

On a stock mtr there is bugger all difference. The 4480 Pacemakers & JMM work their best on motors that have had cam & head work.

ghiaman

They were for a Land Rover. They didn't fit my car cause of body clearance issues, not the engine itself.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2